Can somebody explain the logic behind charging us (Sprint) to use the wifi hotspot feature? Doesn't it simply use available wifi or does it give us the ability to use our data (3g) as a modem? What am I not understanding here?
    12-16-11 01:34 PM
    Updated to 7.1 last night and at first it was super slow. Took a few battery pulls to get back to speed I am used to. Also, the reboot after the battery pulls took a lot longer than usual.

Now I can't remember how to remove uneeded languages.

Also, there is an icon now for "Emergeny Alert Messages" anyone else get this?
    12-16-11 01:40 PM
    Also, there is an icon now for "Emergeny Alert Messages" anyone else get this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-1-a-679103/
    12-16-11 01:45 PM
    this does not appear to be an exe that I use apploader to install. I appreciate any help.Thanks.
    It's a zip file not an exe.

need to just copy CDMA and JAVA into existing OS folder and use DM and select applications and will recognize differences
    12-16-11 01:48 PM
    I down loaded 7.1 last night OTA without any problems. Everything worked fine, browser and phone in general seems snappier. This morning I was playing Vegas Pool Sharks, which I has been installed on my 9930 since I got it in August, and the sound stopped working. I checked and the profile was still on normal. Not only were none of the normal system and messaging sounds not working, but when I received a call I couldn't hear the other person and they couldn't hear me. I called my voice mail box, no sound at all. So of course I did a battery pull and everything is back to normal. I figure the game probably isn't compatible with 7.1 but I've never had an app cause that type of issue before. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue either. Anyone else experience anything similar?
    12-16-11 01:53 PM
    Can somebody explain the logic behind charging us (Sprint) to use the wifi hotspot feature? Doesn't it simply use available wifi or does it give us the ability to use our data (3g) as a modem? What am I not understanding here?
    WiFi Hotspot means that your phone shares its cellular data connection with other devices via WiFi. In other words, you connect your laptop to your BlackBerry via WiFi, and it in turn connects to the cellular data network so that your laptop can browse the internet, check e-mail, etc.
    12-16-11 01:54 PM
    pcgizmo -

Thanks for the reply. I realize it is a zip...I think my simple problem is I do not know where the existing OS folder is. On PC, the 9930, under any subdirectory, etc. That was my question, which I did not articulate well.

Regards.
    12-16-11 01:57 PM
    Any idea when this might show up on the Sprint OS download page at Blackberry?
    12-16-11 01:58 PM
    pcgizmo -

Thanks for the reply. I realize it is a zip...I think my simple problem is I do not know where the existing OS folder is. On PC, the 9930, under any subdirectory, etc. That was my question, which I did not articulate well.

Regards.
    Look for the existing JAVA and CDMA folders in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ and replace them with the folders in the zip file.
    12-16-11 02:01 PM
    Look for the existing JAVA and CDMA folders in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ and replace them with the folders in the zip file.
    Looks like something may be missing. Replaced folders and it states that it will not load. Usually there are two sets of blackberry core type cods this only seems to have one.
    12-16-11 02:04 PM
    Therein lies the problem. I do not have any folders like that under the above directory, Could it be because I just got a new computer and these files/directories were never created? Maybe reload the current os from Verizon?
    12-16-11 02:07 PM
    does anyone still have access to their media pictures after update?
    Yes. Everything came up just fine.
    12-16-11 02:13 PM
    This is what my phone looks like after doing the upgrade...I tried it twice.....I HATE THIS PHONE.....
    how the heck did you get Grindr for 7.0/7.1 ??????
    12-16-11 02:14 PM
    Therein lies the problem. I do not have any folders like that under the above directory, Could it be because I just got a new computer and these files/directories were never created? Maybe reload the current os from Verizon?
    Try C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9930AMEA_v7.0.0.241_P5.0.0.442

I reinstalled the last Sprint update to make the CDMA and Java folders easier to find. Even on Sprint, the update is only showing OTA for me so I grabbed these and updated.
    12-16-11 02:17 PM
    If I'm understanding the process from what I have read, I believe you need an OS installed to overwrite with the new files. I haven't had time to try this out yet. I removed all that BB stuff off my work PC. It's going to have to wait until I get home.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-16-11 at 02:36 PM.
    12-16-11 02:20 PM
    Anyone know how to remove uneeded languages after the update? I can't seem to get it to do it the way I used to.
    12-16-11 02:22 PM
    great find, downloading now.
    12-16-11 02:23 PM
    Try C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9930AMEA_v7.0.0.241_P5.0.0.442

I reinstalled the last Sprint update to make the CDMA and Java folders easier to find. Even on Sprint, the update is only showing OTA for me so I grabbed these and updated.
    Even when you find the folders and replace, there is something missing. Usually you see core applications and system software. When you copy and paste the zip folders into the correct file you only see core applications--no system software. You get message "e-mail set up library cannot be loaded because some required files are not available" when you try to proceed with loading. The core applications folder does have the 7.1 files in it.

Looks like it may be a job for the hybrid builders.
    12-16-11 02:29 PM
    Even when you find the folders and replace, there is something missing. Usually you see core applications and system software. When you copy and paste the zip folders into the correct file you only see core applications--no system software. You get message "e-mail set up library cannot be loaded because some required files are not available" when you try to proceed with loading. The core applications folder does have the 7.1 files in it.

That's mainly why I posted it. I figured it would be most useful to them. Perhaps using BBoss people could do an in place upgrade direct to the phone by copying files. I don't know. I only did what was requested and that was to ZIP them up and share for the hybrid builders.
    12-16-11 02:31 PM

It's probably just better to wait for the exe, I'm sure it won't be long until Sprint posts it on their download site (later today, over the weekend, early next week). When Sprint made BB6 official for the first time, the exe went up a day or two after the OTA/DM was available.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-16-11 at 02:49 PM.
    12-16-11 02:37 PM
    just change the sfi to this file name "rim0x05001204.sfi" loading right now on my VZW 9930
    12-16-11 02:43 PM
    just change the sfi to this file name "rim0x05001204.sfi" loading right now on my VZW 9930
    That just updates the radio file.
    12-16-11 02:46 PM
    umm it lets you install the full 7.1. Its not recognized when it has the extra characters added on to it.
    12-16-11 02:49 PM
    To remove extra languages, I believe you have to go to "setup" icon from the home screen and locate Languages on there. Then scroll to bottom and ensure unused languages are unchecked, then save and it'll delete them.

Good luck.

EDIT: Scratch that, they are all installed seperately in Application Management (for whatever reason)...
    \Device>Application Management
    Last edited by Draconianfire83; 12-16-11 at 02:59 PM.
    12-16-11 02:49 PM
    downloading through DM now!!
    12-16-11 02:54 PM
221 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD