ok I downloaded the os at 10:00pm and it is now 2:00am and it keeps saying "Patching OS" then a status bar shows up and phone goes off and it does it all over again. What do I do now? Please help!!! What did I do wrong?
    12-16-11 01:03 AM
    just making sure.... so when this sprint update is made available in exe form, verizon users can still use it right?
    Absolutely. That's the plan for most of us. Look to be able to download here officially when it's available.

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=URNZcPHMm

Most likely tomorrow...hopefully
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-16-11 at 03:20 AM.
    paperplanes7 likes this.
    12-16-11 01:12 AM
    ok I downloaded the os at 10:00pm and it is now 2:00am and it keeps saying "Patching OS" then a status bar shows up and phone goes off and it does it all over again. What do I do now? Please help!!! What did I do wrong?
    its ok. let it run. im on PATCHING JAVA. its taking FOOOREEEEVVVEEER
    12-16-11 01:18 AM
    Absolutely. That's the plan for most of us. Look to be able to download here officially when it's available.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

Most likely tomorrow...hopefully
    thanks for clarifying!! do you know how much it would cost?

how come gsm users i.e. AT&T dont have to pay?? or am i mistaken ?
    12-16-11 01:22 AM
    thanks for clarifying!! do you know how much it would cost?

how come gsm users i.e. AT&T dont have to pay?? or am i mistaken ?
    Cost? It's just software so it's completely free. The only time you pay for any updates are related to say new apps in App World or buying completely new hardware like a refreshed device. i.e. 9700->9780

12-16-11 01:44 AM
    Cost?
    I think he meant how much does a tethering plan for mobile hotspot cost?
    12-16-11 02:17 AM
    I think he meant how much does a tethering plan for mobile hotspot cost?
    lmao I think you're right sorry. I just assumed they were a very non technical user.......proceed
    12-16-11 02:23 AM
    How about us Verizon folks? Do we wait for big red?
    No, just wait for Sprint to post it on https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...BB765225CE8C0E and Verizon users should be able to download it from there.

Verizon is always slow to release an official update.
    12-16-11 05:44 AM
    can't wait to load it on my verizon 9930
    12-16-11 06:26 AM
    im in linking java foreeeever is right
    12-16-11 06:40 AM
    waiting...waiting....
    12-16-11 06:43 AM
    Mines done finally... looks different as far as font and size i guessed it changed it or brought it back to default? but it looks better. Is there a place where I can find everything new about this update?
    12-16-11 07:09 AM
    Oh no sprint !!
    I was happy to see only us (9900 owners ) get updates both official and leak, I like it how 9930 users don't get any updates but sprint had to spoil the show , why sprint ?

Anyway good to see this is for sprint only and verizon users are still rocking some olllllldddd OS

Meanwhile I have 6 OS installed on my PC for my update getting 9900
    12-16-11 07:43 AM
    Oh no sprint !!
    I was happy to see only us (9900 owners ) get updates both official and leak, I like it how 9930 users don't get any updates but sprint had to spoil the show , why sprint ?

Anyway good to see this is for sprint only and verizon users are still rocking some olllllldddd OS

PJD642 and paperplanes7 like this.
    12-16-11 07:54 AM
    If someone that downloads this wants to help get it out to others (since the .exe is still not available), this is how:

To get the whole DM update:
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight CDMA (or UMTS) and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-16-11 08:00 AM
    Oh no sprint !!

wtf kinda post is this? seriously...
    12-16-11 08:08 AM
    Did my last night took about 2 and half hours but well worth it. From the short with the new OS battery seems to be better and also it seems to charge a lot quicker or am I just imagined it anybody else experience that with this upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 08:15 AM
    wtf kinda post is this? seriously...
    Someone's a tad insecure
    12-16-11 08:22 AM
    If someone that downloads this wants to help get it out to others (since the .exe is still not available), this is how:

To get the whole DM update:
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight CDMA (or UMTS) and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload
    How would the files get on the pc if it's only OTA so far? What am I missing?
    12-16-11 08:27 AM
    How would the files get on the pc if it's only OTA so far? What am I missing?
    Should be available via DM (they usually release it OTA and via DM at the same time, or at least they have in previous officials released like this)

If not, that sucks/disregard my post
    Last edited by lyricidal; 12-16-11 at 08:35 AM.
    12-16-11 08:33 AM
    Downloaded last night. Charging is definitely quicker and the browser seems snappier. I can't comment on battery life yet--it seems to be discharging more quickly, but maybe the OS hasn't settled in yet? Oh, and a real bummer is that SocialScope isn't compatable for 7.1
    12-16-11 08:57 AM
    Downloaded last night. Charging is definitely quicker and the browser seems snappier. I can't comment on battery life yet--it seems to be discharging more quickly, but maybe the OS hasn't settled in yet? Oh, and a real bummer is that SocialScope isn't compatable for 7.1
    I usually recommend 3-5 battery pulls after an update, it seems to help things settle in better.
    flyingblackbeard likes this.
    12-16-11 09:06 AM
    Should be available via DM (they usually release it OTA and via DM at the same time, or at least they have in previous officials released like this)

If not, that sucks/disregard my post
    Haven't seen anyone receive via DM yet, but hopefully soon!
    12-16-11 09:10 AM
    I loaded the new official release of os7.1 from Sprint...oh yeah...I got the mobile hotspot but it will not connect...phone keeps telling me that there is a network issue or that I need to contact the carrier to update my plan! Ok so I pay $79.95 for Simply Unlimited which includes the bogus extra $10 charge for "premium data". Apparently if you want to use the hotspot feature you need to give them an additional $29.95 per month! This is a rip off. Cleary the "simply unlimited" should really read "simply limited". In any case I found a tether solution for free that works great.

Have a great day everyone!
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    12-16-11 09:49 AM
    my update took about 2 and a half hours, all the resetting and starting over on the patching os and java is normal i guess since mine eventually finished. whole os seems a lot snappier especially the browser. have a lot more free memory at startup too and its been on all night and hasnt leaked yet. idk about battery but all my apps work and quick launch now works while it didnt on the old sprint official os. bbm and app world from beta zone reverted back to the latest official and the beta zone website doesnt recognize the new os but o well sure theyll fix it soon. Tried starting hotspot and it said there was a network error, assuming that means i have to pay for it.
    12-16-11 09:59 AM
221 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD