I have Sprint, and my contract expires 06/07/11. Sprint is suppose to get the Playbook 4G soon? And if that's the case, pretty sure Sprint will also be getting the Bold 9930. Does anyone know about when Sprint will get the 9930? Anyone got inside info? Any info would be appricated, thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 02:51 PM
    Yes, they are getting it next Juvember 43rd, at 26 o'clock.
    thosialg08 likes this.
    05-09-11 03:03 PM
    Sprint, like the other carriers, has not announced this device yet. T-Mobile and Vodafone UK are the only exceptions. With that said no carrier has set a date yet.

Even if a member here has inside info, take it with a grain of salt. Most reps are not informed about that sort of thing ahead of time. All we can do is wait for an official announcement.
    Last edited by Tsudeily; 05-09-11 at 05:47 PM.
    05-09-11 03:11 PM
    Sprint, like the other carriers, has not announced this device yet. T-Mobile is the only exception. With that said no carrier has set a date yet.

Even if a member here has inside info, take it with a grain of salt. Most reps are not informed about that sort of thing ahead of time. All we can do is wait for an official announcement.
    I'm pretty optimistic Sprint will get the Bold 9930, for one, Sprint as been the 1st carrier to actually say they are releasing the Playbook 4G (soon? 2 delays already lol) and the do have a good relationship with RIM...and they even released the Style 9670 (which by the way, my fiance upgraded her 5yr old samsung flip too) and they did release the Bold 9650 1st last year. So hopefully RIM & Sprint are still in good standing with each other to have Sprint be the 1st CDMA carrier to release the Bold 9930

05-09-11 03:22 PM
    Sprint, like the other carriers, has not announced this device yet. T-Mobile is the only exception...
    ...and Vodafone UK is another exception

BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone - coming soon to Vodafone
    05-09-11 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I've seen the UK Vodafone and T-Mobile (US) rumored to get the 9900 around June 28th...LUCKY! Just hope Sprint gets the 9930 'round the same time or 2 weeks earlier

05-09-11 03:45 PM
    Yeah, I've seen the UK Vodafone and T-Mobile (US) rumored to get the 9900 around June 28th...LUCKY! Just hope Sprint gets the 9930 'round the same time or 2 weeks earlier
    June??? Lol... not a chance!!!

You'll be lucky to see ANY carrier releases before September.
    05-09-11 03:47 PM
    i hope o2 Uk get it, i dont want to change carriers after 10 years!
    05-09-11 03:59 PM
    I'm sure it Sprint will get it. No reason not to really. And yes it will be here before September. There would have to be major delays for it to not make it by September. Its not like it was running really buggy at BBW. It was very fast.
    05-09-11 04:40 PM
    Fixed my post, thank you.

...and Vodafone UK is another exception

BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone - coming soon to Vodafone
    Oh I am confident Sprint will get it as well, I am a Sprint customer too

I'm pretty optimistic Sprint will get the Bold 9930, for one, Sprint as been the 1st carrier to actually say they are releasing the Playbook 4G (soon? 2 delays already lol) and the do have a good relationship with RIM...and they even released the Style 9670 (which by the way, my fiance upgraded her 5yr old samsung flip too) and they did release the Bold 9650 1st last year. So hopefully RIM & Sprint are still in good standing with each other to have Sprint be the 1st CDMA carrier to release the Bold 9930

05-09-11 05:48 PM
    I got a reply back from sprintcare.com re: when Sprint will be getting/releasing the Bold 9930. This is what they said "Unfortunatly we cannot speculate at this time as there is no official announcement. I would frequntley check the links I provided to you earlier that way you can keep up to date" the link(s) he sent was sprint.com/newsroom & sprint.com/comingsoon. So given that, I would strongly assume Sprint WILL be getting the Bold 9930...I just hope like evey other Sprint BB cutomer, it'll be in June

05-09-11 07:06 PM
    ...I just hope like evey other Sprint BB cutomer, it'll be in June
    You've obviously never waited for RIM device before, have you lefty?

If history is anything to go by, it's usually a good 3-4 months from official announcement to carrier release.

Forget about June, that ain't gonna happen! Realistically you're looking at a late summer release.

05-09-11 07:44 PM
    And you're obiviously from the UK where you usually get a BlackBerry 1-2 months after North America does. Example, the Playbook released a MONTH b4 UK gets it.In North Americs alone, there is over 50 carriers (major and local) and if RIM wants all carriers worldwide to have a chance at the Bold 9900/9930 BY summer (June 21-Sept 22) they're gonna have to START releasing it asap (starting June 21st AT the latest for the major carriers) I've already received an e-mail from BlackBerry/RIM introducing the Bold 9900/9930 ...if they send this to just a regular BB customer, he would assume the Bold 9900/9930 is coming SOON

05-09-11 08:09 PM
    Just as I thought, you have no idea whatsoever

05-09-11 08:13 PM
    Just as I thought, you have no idea whatsoever

Just has much as you do there CE0 of RIM UK divison...u and BGR.com must be related. Unless you have a paycheck that has Research In Motion on the top, you're rants r just like mine, rants

05-09-11 09:58 PM
    I have a feeling it'll be released late summer like the Torch.

I i hate it when Rim announce a product and you have to wait months for a release.
    05-10-11 02:10 AM
    RIM didn't promote the Torch months before it was released like they are doing the Bold 9900/9930. They had a press release on August 03rd 2010 introducing the new touchscreen from At&t...pretty sure that day is was available on at&t. They did a press release on April 28th 2010 for the Bold 9650, and that device was available within a few weeks for Sprint and Verizon

Boogeym4n likes this.
    05-10-11 05:21 AM
    You've obviously never waited for RIM device before, have you lefty?

If history is anything to go by, it's usually a good 3-4 months from official announcement to carrier release.

Forget about June, that ain't gonna happen! Realistically you're looking at a late summer release.

Go to Rim.com and go thru their press releases, then go to crackberry.com and go thru the device annoucment/release dates and of the ones I checked, only the Bold 9000 was the only over three month difference (announced by RIM May 12th 2008 and actually released August 22nd 2008) all the other ones where just within days or a very few shorts weeks between official RIM announcement and release. These are all US stats that I'm using, so 90% of the time not just MY opinion, but real fact RIM records...they release device's shortly after the announcement. Not saying that the Bold 9900/9930 will definatly be in the 90% accurecy range..but the odds will be leaning more late June than mid- August.

thosialg08 likes this.
    05-10-11 02:38 PM
    i just want it come i am tired of my curve 9330 ughhhh smh
    05-10-11 03:38 PM
    It is good to see all the Sprint Support here. This makes me confident that the 9930 will be out soon, and that I can get my hands on one. I can't wait. My Tour will get a proper Retirement.

05-10-11 04:37 PM
    I've been very happy with Sprint and their services, and happy with my Curve 8330. So I'm gonna be one of the 1st in line when Sprint releases the Bold 9930

05-10-11 07:43 PM
    Speaking of the Tour, when i got my Curve 8330 from Best Buy in June 2009, I knew of BlackBerry, but never actually played or demo'd one. My daughter tried talking me into getting the Samsung Instinct, but didn't like the touchscreen, so the Best Buy rep recommended the Curve 8330 because of the full qwerty keyboard and push e-mail and messenging capabilitys, i took his advice and tried out the Curve 8330 and loved it, and just the very next month, RIM released the Tour (which my friend got, seeing how well my Curve 8330 preformed) and like so many others, started having problems right off the bat with the trackball...so in one way I'm glad i wasnt too informed, otherwise, i'd have just held off one more month and got the Tour, and would have been unhappy. But since owning the Curve 8330 and started reading Crackberry.com I now know why it's called "Crack"berry lol. so i started getting informed on the new upcoming BB's and passed on all of them from the Tour to the 9330...waiting until RIM came out with a phone I could happily use for 2yrs, and pretty sure the Bold 9930 is it.
    05-11-11 06:49 AM
    Just has much as you do there CE0 of RIM UK divison...u and BGR.com must be related. Unless you have a paycheck that has Research In Motion on the top, you're rants r just like mine, rants

at least he's using proper grammar while ranting :P
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-11-11 07:30 AM
    Well proper grammer or not...i'll be enjoying my Bold 9930 by the end of June...I hope
    05-11-11 08:19 AM
    Good write up on bgr from a Sprint exec and they talk about the 9930 at the end. Looks like they are getting it for sure.
    05-11-11 10:24 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD