Hey everybody, my desktop software just informed me of this new update. Didnt see anything about it on CrackBerry. Just wondering if anyone updated yet. Im gonna go ahead and update now, Ill repost with more info on it.
    Last edited by capone662; 03-02-12 at 04:29 AM.
    johnmarki likes this.
    03-02-12 04:27 AM
    Did you ever download the leaked .267 on your PC?
    03-02-12 05:10 AM
    No, I try to stay away from leaks just to be safe
    03-02-12 05:25 AM
    Safe? It's .267 and most of us are already using it anyway. Leaked or official it's the same thing. Enjoy.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-02-12 05:35 AM
    Did u mean os7.267
    03-02-12 05:52 AM
    I got an update as well via OTA. Indicates bundle 921.
    03-02-12 06:38 AM
    Bundle 921 is OS 7.1.0.267, same as the leaked version.
    03-02-12 06:43 AM
    Please Help Me!I have been working on it since 0530 and phone is not ok...will let you know...2 popups about java... not happy...slide to open not responding etc...

It is now 1600 and I just got off the phone with Sprint whose BB rep did not comprehend my problems but will send me a new phone... I really do not want to go through the hassle of a new phone but what choice do I have?... Errors when phone starts up - "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.nullpointer" and another "Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.wait for timeout (OX5364fff2940fa3920). Also my slider lock had activated and I cannot unlock it! I can make and receive calls and access the internet. I know if I had gotten the right rep I would be in good shape, but playing 'Sprint Roulette' is really annoying. I would go to a repair center, but the nearest one is 100+ miles away.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

1900...The saga continues... I had a bad feeling about the reps I had spoken to and called Sprint back and spoke to a great rep in the Louisiana Center who really tried to help, but to no avail...reset everything but no positive response on the unit... connected me to her supervisor in order to send me a replacement phone which he did immediately. The agent had told me that the first agent and the supervisor were pulling my chain . They had entered nothing in the record and had not ordered a replacement phone at all. The ticket number they had given me was to go to a repair center. No phone was coming!
    Note to Sprint - Please do not revert to your old ways of lying agents etc. You had dug yourself out of the non-existent and evil customer service culture and, I fear have been infected by your anticipated I-phone success. I-phones will not carry you alone - you need us also. Once we leave, there is no coming back.

06March Replacement phone delivered yesterday - refurbished but in perfect shape - Had to upgrade the replacement to 921 and did so via wifi last night. It took a few hours but installed seamlessly and, as of this evening, is doing well. Great battery life. No problems so far and I had installed the same apps as before. HOORAY!
    Last edited by tomgnc; 03-06-12 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Additional information.
    03-02-12 08:44 AM
    I downloaded the leaked version of this release last Friday and have been quite happy with the results. Battery seems to last even longer than the previous 7.1 163 release. Went 2 full days without a charge this week, getting around 2.35% DPH without light use and I had a heavy usage day Monday and still made it through a full day plus some.
    03-02-12 08:54 AM
    Thanks for posting downloading now!
    03-02-12 08:56 AM
    Sprint 9930 shows same update available for OTA. Downloading now.
    03-02-12 10:43 AM
    Took forever to update last night. Started at around 7 pm. Had to do a battery pull around 10 pm. Left it overnight to complete. In the morning after a few restarts it updated successfully and is running fine. I haven't really had an opportunity to note any significant changes, I just want to encourage those who are installing (via OTA) to really block out some time to let this complete.
    03-02-12 10:59 AM
    Took forever to update last night. Started at around 7 pm. Had to do a battery pull around 10 pm. Left it overnight to complete. In the morning after a few restarts it updated successfully and is running fine. I haven't really had an opportunity to note any significant changes, I just want to encourage those who are installing (via OTA) to really block out some time to let this complete.
    Don't do OTA... updating via desktop manager takes only 20-30 minutes.
    03-02-12 11:05 AM
    Yep yep yep! Just finished downloading & installing OTA. Took over 2 hrs to complete but now I'm good to go.
    03-02-12 11:06 AM
    For those of you attempting an OTA update... bad move

Much easier and safer to either wait for the OS to become available for download, or just install the leaked version.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-02-12 11:08 AM
    Yea at over 2hr now trying to install mine.
    03-02-12 11:15 AM
    For those of you attempting an OTA update... bad move

Much easier and safer to either wait for the OS to become available for download, or just install the leaked version.
    I use Solaris mostly and a Mac secondly. I had a hard time using a Windows VM to install the .267 leak via USB. Finally had to borrow a hardware Windows laptop few days ago.

For me, the OTA and a few hours spent would have been fine to get the official update. A neat thing is when you use OTA, right there on the phone is a downgrade option.
    03-02-12 11:36 AM
    I use Solaris mostly and a Mac secondly. I had a hard time using a Windows VM to install the .267 leak via USB. Finally had to borrow a hardware Windows laptop few days ago.

For me, the OTA and a few hours spent would have been fine to get the official update. A neat thing is when you use OTA, right there on the phone is a downgrade option.
    OTA has always worked fine for me (on 6 different bbs over the years). I know some people have had issues with it tho, so to each his own.
    03-02-12 11:47 AM

Sorry to hear that you use a mac.

With an OTA upgrade you have absolutely no control over what gets installed on your phone. What Sprint wants you to have, you will get.
    At least with a manual PC update you can pick and choose what you want installed.

Far too many sob stories of phones freezing, bad installs, and hours wasted with OTA updates.
    03-02-12 11:52 AM
    OTA has always worked fine for me (on 6 different bbs over the years). I know some people have had issues with it tho, so to each his own.
    I've noticed that everyone who updates OTA has long update issues because of Social Feeds. It usually hangs on backing up SF.
    03-02-12 11:56 AM
    Sorry to hear that you use a mac.

With an OTA upgrade you have absolutely no control over what gets installed on your phone. What Sprint wants you to have, you will get.
    At least with a manual PC update you can pick and choose what you want installed.

Far too many sob stories of phones freezing, bad installs, and hours wasted with OTA updates.
    You mean other than the choices you get under "custom" install? Languages, games, etc.?
    03-02-12 12:22 PM
    I've noticed that everyone who updates OTA has long update issues because of Social Feeds. It usually hangs on backing up SF.
    Yeah I've read that too. I have and use Social Feeds so I endured.
    03-02-12 12:23 PM
    Yeah I've read that too. I have and use Social Feeds so I endured.
    You have more patience than me...
    03-02-12 02:24 PM
    Had the issue with the battery not charging fully like some had reported on earlier OS versions but after a couple of battery pulls, all is well again.
    03-02-12 03:58 PM
    I have done numerous battery pulls etc., but still in trouble... I installed on Wifi... I had not installed the leaked version...
    Thank you, though.
    03-02-12 04:20 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD