Hello everyone, I just want to say goodmorning and thanks in advance.
    Yesterday I purchased a SPRINT blackberry bold 9930 from my friend a proceeded to put in my t-mobile sim card. From my understanding the phone is already unlocked, because when I go to SIM settings and enter the MEPD combo it says everything is disabled. I have service and all but when I try and call someone it tells me "Your account is not authorized to make calls to this number, if you would like additional capabilities please call costumer support". Does anyone have any idea what to do so I can be able to call and such?
    11-27-11 08:40 AM
    Bump someone please help me!
    11-27-11 10:25 AM
    Bump someone please help me!
    Not to be rude, but it's a Sunday morning, two hours isn't really a reasonable amount of time to bump a thread.

First off, on the top of the screen, does it show T-Mobile (and either edge or EDGE) or is it showing nothing at all? It almost sounds like the device is still trying to use Sprint and the previous owners account, and isn't using your SIM at all.

Tap the top of the screen (where the clock is) and see what is says on the "Mobile Network" line, If it says Sprint, your not connect to T-Mobile.

If it does say T-Mobile, something isn't configured properly, and you may wish to call T-Mobile and ask them if they have the device IMEI (which you can find via pressing Alt+Caps+H or on the sticker on the box, or under the battery) on file, and make sure the SIM is also authorized.
    200264867 likes this.
    11-27-11 10:45 AM
    Ah your not being rude man, its the truth! Sorry about that it won't happen again.
    It says nothing at all but, when I look at the mobile network panel it does say sprint. I guess your right I beilive it still trying to use the previous owners account. Do you happen to know how to change it to T-MOBILE?
    11-27-11 11:11 AM
    Someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but I know at least with OS6, if you go back to that panel, and go to Network and Connections, and then Mobile Network, there should be something along the lines of Network Technology, where you can choose between H+/1XEV to GSM/UMTS.

Some of this wording may have changed (haven't gone hands on with a dual GSM/CDMA device since the 9650) but following the core of what I said above, you should be able to switch to T-Mobile, remember, you'll probably need to program the T-Mobile APN for data.
    200264867 likes this.
    11-27-11 11:21 AM
    Ah thank you man I really love you! I just had to switch it to GSM and it automatically switched over to t-mobile, now I can use the phone. Id kiss you in real life if i could, thanks man!
    11-27-11 11:27 AM
    Ah thank you man I really love you! I just had to switch it to GSM and it automatically switched over to t-mobile, now I can use the phone. Id kiss you in real life if i could, thanks man!
    Gotta say. I'd pass on that offer.

Your welcome, none the less.
    11-27-11 11:47 AM
    Gotta say. I'd pass on that offer.

Your welcome, none the less.

Question.......would the OP get tmobiles H+ data speeds with the 9930?

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 12:37 PM

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't know what the 9900/9930 have for bands, I'm not expecting so, but I could be wrong on that.
    11-27-11 12:59 PM

No. An unlocked 9930 will only get EDGE on any North American GSM network.
    11-27-11 01:03 PM
    No. An unlocked 9930 will only get EDGE on any North American GSM network.

Then why would anybody want to do this?

11-27-11 02:25 PM
    Because they don't want to pay $300 for the phone and maybe there is no 4G coverage in his area.
    11-27-11 03:30 PM
    But they won't get 3G either, right?

11-27-11 03:33 PM
    EDGE is just 2G right?

11-27-11 03:33 PM
    EDGE is just 2G right?

More like 2.5G, but closer to 2G than 3G, since it will not do simultaneous voice/data, and it has slow data speeds. It is also possible that a person lives in an area that does not even have 3G coverage.
    11-27-11 08:27 PM
    More like 2.5G, but closer to 2G than 3G, since it will not do simultaneous voice/data, and it has slow data speeds. It is also possible that a person lives in an area that does not even have 3G coverage.

I would just be more patient and buy a 9900 so I would have the maximum speed available.

You never know network coverage could change some day in that area.

11-27-11 09:38 PM
    I would just be more patient and buy a 9900 so I would have the maximum speed available.

You never know network coverage could change some day in that area.

I agree. I wouldn't purchase a 9930. However, I have 3G where I live. In fact, I am eligible for an upgrade now but I should have LTE available next year on AT&T. Since I am staying with AT&T due to a FAN discount and waiting for LTE, I am also skipping the 9900, which is not LTE capable. I do not wish to be stuck with a 3G device for 2 years if I get LTE in less than a year from now.
    11-27-11 10:59 PM
    Hey guise its me again, I need help once again. I do not have 3g or 4g plan but Im planning on getting it soon, but meanwhile i want to connect to wifis. The problem is when I try to connect to a wifi it fails to authenticate or the network is lost. It has happened with me so far with every wifi ived tried, does anyone know a way to fix this?
    11-28-11 05:41 PM
    Shameless bump :<
    11-28-11 06:59 PM
    4G is very fast, I was sitting in a bar yesterday and downloaded the 7.1 OS to my SD card in no time. When I got home, I got the phone updated in no time...I love my T-Mobile with the Wi-Fi calling feature now!
    11-28-11 08:22 PM
    Hey guys its me again, I need help once again. I do not have 3g or 4g plan but Im planning on getting it soon...
    Waste of time... you've already been told that you will never get 3G/4G on a 9930 with TMO, only EDGE.
    11-28-11 08:51 PM
    Waste of time... you've already been told that you will never get 3G/4G on a 9930 with TMO, only EDGE.
    Yeah I understood that, I just phrased my question wrong. What I meant to say is that I dont get EDGE, I only get edge so it doesnt allow me to use the browser. Is there anyway for me to change it to EDGE so I could use the browser on it? I had a blackberry bold 9700 and it worked perfectly, until I switched to this 9930.
    11-28-11 10:02 PM
    Yeah I understood that, I just phrased my question wrong. What I meant to say is that I dont get EDGE, I only get edge so it doesnt allow me to use the browser. Is there anyway for me to change it to EDGE so I could use the browser on it? I had a blackberry bold 9700 and it worked perfectly, until I switched to this 9930.
    Ahhh, gotcha now

EDGE (as opposed to edge) means you have a connection to RIM's BIS/BES servers. To establish that connection, you will need a BlackBerry (BIS) data plan. Without one you won't be able to use the browser, even over wifi, as you won't have the necessary service books. You also won't be able to use push email, BBM, BB Maps, App World, IM's, FB, Twitter etc, or just about any app that uses data. Older BB models sometimes worked without a BIS data plan on wifi, but the newer ones don't.
    200264867 likes this.
    11-28-11 10:15 PM
    Ahhh, gotcha now

EDGE (as opposed to edge) means you have a connection to RIM's BIS/BES servers. To establish that connection, you will need a BlackBerry (BIS) data plan. Without one you won't be able to use the browser, even over wifi, as you won't have the necessary service books. You also won't be able to use push email, BBM, BB Maps, App World, IM's, FB, Twitter etc, or just about any app that uses data. Older BB models sometimes worked without a BIS data plan on wifi, but the newer ones don't.
    Ah I see! Thanks for the help! I guess imma just have to wait for the next bill cycle to roll in because that's when my Blackberry Plan should be activated, hopefully there will be no problems with me using the blackberry network of tmobile on this sprint 9930!
    11-28-11 10:45 PM
    what does time have to do with anything????....there is not store hrs on crackberry

Not to be rude, but it's a Sunday morning, two hours isn't really a reasonable amount of time to bump a thread.

First off, on the top of the screen, does it show T-Mobile (and either edge or EDGE) or is it showing nothing at all? It almost sounds like the device is still trying to use Sprint and the previous owners account, and isn't using your SIM at all.

Tap the top of the screen (where the clock is) and see what is says on the "Mobile Network" line, If it says Sprint, your not connect to T-Mobile.

If it does say T-Mobile, something isn't configured properly, and you may wish to call T-Mobile and ask them if they have the device IMEI (which you can find via pressing Alt+Caps+H or on the sticker on the box, or under the battery) on file, and make sure the SIM is also authorized.
    12-04-11 06:12 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD