It appears corporate is sending me my 9930 next week. I am completely new to BB. I know I will have to upgrad OS as I need all the battery life I can get. For starters, what do you sprint guys recommend for the 9930. .503 or .540? Also, if you can point me to directions on how to dl new os, that would be fantastic. I youtube'd how to load new OS' but most hat I watched used different programs and did it differently. If you could point me in a direction that you would reccomend it would be great.

Hope all is well and no bricks to be laid with this bad boy.

Thanks for any help.
    11-22-11 04:21 PM
    The .504 and .540 are only for 9900 series, not the 9930. The two device firmwares are not interchangable.
    11-22-11 04:26 PM
    Oh dang. Well, how is battery life with that? I thought .374 was the latest officially released from sprint, but you could dl another one. Hmm. So Verizon and sprint folks are all suffering bad battery life then?
    11-22-11 04:54 PM
    I'm on vz with .374 and have stellar battery life. Get the BB, let it settle in before you go App crazy and visit here often. Enjoy your new BB and welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 08:43 PM
    .374 running on my Verizon 9930. Battery life is awesome.

I challenge anyone to step up with a more "demanding" talk/data/messaging usage than me. I take the phone of the charger around 7am and I usually do about 4-5 hours of talk time on my phone between 8am and 5pm, and then another 3 or 4 hours of talk time from 5pm to 11pm. Add on top of that about 200 texts/emails a day, wifi constantly being on, getting signal in a big building with not many windows, and now constantly Bridged.

By 4 or 5pm my phone has about 20%, then I put my phone on the charger for about an hour or so and use it all over again til I go to bed.

If a battery can go through all that then it's a winner in my book:

One more thing:

After you install .374, let your battery drain til the phone completely shuts off. Then fully charge your battery. People refer to this as "calibrating" your battery. Whatever it's called, it helped improve battery life for me, or at least it seems so.
    Last edited by jranciano; 11-22-11 at 09:05 PM.
    11-22-11 08:54 PM
    .374 running on my Verizon 9930. Battery life is awesome.

I challenge anyone to step up with a more "demanding" talk/data/messaging usage than me. I take the phone of the charger around 7am and I usually do about 4-5 hours of talk time on my phone between 8am and 5pm, and then another r, but would love some freedo 3 or 4 hours of talk time from 5pm to 11pm. Add on top of that about 200 texts/emails a day, wifi constantly being on, getting signal in a big building with not many windows, and now constantly Bridged.

By 4 or 5pm my phone has about 20%, then I put my phone on the charger for about an hour or so and use it all over again til I go to bed.

If a battery can go through all that then it's a winner in my book:
    Yes, sounds good. My usage is close to that I would say, not quite there, but close, so I would be happy with that life. My current HTC touch pro 2 gets about 2 bars (out of 4) by 9am. Luckily I am in sales and in my car often so I am constantly charging in my car, but it would be nice to have some charger freedom. I guess I will get this os.
    11-22-11 09:04 PM
    Anyone have a good YouTube, or one you recommend on how to update OS'?
    11-22-11 09:07 PM
    I don't have a YouTube walkthrough/how-to.

But...

1. Download from linke here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reless-661796/

You have to download that specific Desktop Manager; it contains the updates.

2. Install the program

3. Connect your BB phone to your computer via USB

4. Your computer should auto detect your BB phone and should notify you of an updated version available upon your first sync.

It's pretty straight forward.
    11-22-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD