I've had my 9930 since within about a week of it coming out on Sprint. I didn't buy this phone bc its internet web performance was great, but I did expect it to be decent. IMO its far from decent. I don't know how to quantify the performance other than to say its very slow to load web pages....all the time.

Are there any setting I can change or adjust to try to improve that performance? App world is slow...everything internet related is pretty slow.

I live in the NW Suburbs of Chicago(Schaumburg) so I'm not out in the boon docks by any stretch of the imagination.

Any thoughts or advice?
    03-13-12 12:54 PM
    Are you running on the 3G/H+ network, or the EDGE (2G) network?

JB
    03-13-12 01:27 PM
    what OS are you running on? theres a HUGE difference in browser performance when using a updated os versus the stock os out of the box
    03-13-12 01:36 PM
    Would agree with the above. OS 7.1 on Sprint is very speedy for me and I live in a rural GA area. Has it been this way from the beginning? Cleared the cache lately? Hope you can get to the bottom of this issue.
    03-13-12 01:52 PM
    I'm on vzw and I'm running .163 out of the box. It's very snappy for me. As suggested clear the cache, also try turning off javascript and see if that helps.
    03-13-12 01:57 PM
    Are you running on the 3G/H+ network, or the EDGE (2G) network?

JB
    I'm running OS 7.1 Bundle 457. I just noticed bundle 921 was available too. I just cleared the cache and disabled javascript too....I'll see if that helps much at all.

The new OS bundle 921 worth upgrading too?

Thanks all.
    03-13-12 02:10 PM
    I hate to say this, but Sprint has probably the lousiest 3G COVERAGE EVER!

I use to have Sprint 10 years ago and never had an issue and assumed their coverage would only improve and become superior over time. Ironically, that did NOT happen. I tried out the BB 9930 for 30 days and returned it within 30 days because the coverage was horrible in my apt. I don't have a landline, so i need my cell phone to work. Anyways, the coverage was beyond spotty. Which is ironic because i live in Manhattan and NY is mecca where everything is cutting egde and fast. I checked Sprint's coverage in my zip code area and it was excellent per the Sprint.com website. However, i encountered horrible coverage in my apt. When i was outside, the phone worked fine. I called Sprint's 800 customer service line because i couldn't even use the phone to press *2 and call since i had less than 1 bar. The phone kept switching from 3G to 1X and then 1x and then 1 bar and that 1 bar was fighting to stay alive and then i got a pop up asking if i wanted to roam on Verizon's network. Ain't that something? The Sprint service rep said maybe the coverage is bad because i have a lot of tall buildings surrounding me or because some buildings use cement and their signal can't penetrate through cement. Ain't that something?

The point is, their 3G coverage is spotty. I used 4G on one of their devices and it was blazing fast. However, their 4G is not everywhere. It is a hit or miss and it is unfortunate. Plus, the BB 9930 is only 3G, so you can't switch between the two. I am shocked sometimes at how slow Sprint's 3G network is.
    Last edited by BlackberryFan2009; 03-13-12 at 02:31 PM.
    03-13-12 02:28 PM
    I'm running OS 7.1 Bundle 457. I just noticed bundle 921 was available too. I just cleared the cache and disabled javascript too....I'll see if that helps much at all.

The new OS bundle 921 worth upgrading too?

Thanks all.
    update to .267.....im telling you you wont regret it. sprints 3g isnt the fastest but after this update youll be impressed
    03-13-12 02:36 PM
    update to .267.....im telling you you wont regret it. sprints 3g isnt the fastest but after this update youll be impressed
    Hate to sound helpless, but what is version .267? Doesn't seem to be the OS or the bundle # either.

Thanks.
    03-13-12 02:47 PM
    Hate to sound helpless, but what is version .267? Doesn't seem to be the OS or the bundle # either.

Thanks.
    If it isn't an OS then my 9900 is running on fresh air !!!

Official
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nguage-706530/

Leaked
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-698223/
    blackguy07 likes this.
    03-13-12 02:51 PM
    Couple of points:
    1 - Sprint has been losing coverage in various areas. A lot of people are reporting problems with it. I live in a major part of the SF Bay Area, coverage should not be a problem. It most definitely is.... On the Sprint phone I randomly get sms sending failures, rather frequently and dropped calls.

2 - Sprint 3g is terribly slow to begin with (same with Verizon). EVDO Rev A is pretty terrible by todays standards. Any gsm, HSPA+ phone will tear apart EVDO Rev A.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    03-13-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD