Have a 9930 for myself, and thought I'd purchase one for my niece, who's doing really well in HS and is set to graduate next year. Jumped online with her Sprint account that's eligible for an upgrade.

$200

Yikes! So I look at eBay and Amazon. No new phones available, and a few of the phones in the $149 range are used and "BLOCKED BY SPRINT" ... so, back to Sprint - and purchased the phone with upgrade price and shipping. Still cleaning the dirt off my back. Those things are obviously holding their value.
    07-01-13 03:22 PM
    I sold a used, clean phone for ~$130. You can definitely get one used in that range or slightly higher. There might not be that much availability though, because:
    1 - Sprint phones tend to be harder to sell in general because of it being CDMA and useless on VZ.
    2 - it's a 9930. It's not like there's a huge influx of them now.
    07-01-13 03:52 PM
    - Sprint phones tend to be harder to sell in general because of it being CDMA and useless on VZ
    Wait a minute, VZ used CDMA also. So isn't that the same technology used by both Sprint and VZ? Just on differentn a frequency? When I roam on Sprint I'm on Verizon.
    07-01-13 09:22 PM
    Wait a minute, VZ used CDMA also. So isn't that the same technology used by both Sprint and VZ? Just on differentn a frequency? When I roam on Sprint I'm on Verizon.
    You'd think so, but Sprint can be screwy regarding such things. From what I've seen, it can take some real cheetah-flips to activate a Verizon phone on the Sprint network.

But yes, Sprint does roam on the Verizon network.
    07-01-13 09:48 PM
    You'd think so, but Sprint can be screwy regarding such things. From what I've seen, it can take some real cheetah-flips to activate a Verizon phone on the Sprint network.

But yes, Sprint does roam on the Verizon network.
    I can believe that. If it was an easy thing I might consider getting the Z10 then bringing it onto my Sprint plan. But I'm sure even if I got that working I would never see Sprint LTE on a VZ LTE phone.

Oh and sorry for all the spelling mistakes. My son came over and started beating me while I was typing. Amazing it came out as good as it did.
    07-01-13 10:18 PM
    VZ won't activate it

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 12:37 AM
    I have never had a Blackberry, but am thinking of buying the 9930 for Sprint.

Will Google Maps work on it?
    Last edited by Rut Dog; 07-02-13 at 02:05 AM. Reason: title
    07-02-13 01:32 AM

When I use the maps at all, I use Blackberry Maps, which came with the phone. You can get an application called GPS for Google Maps Pro for $5 (and a free "light" version), but I haven't tried it. The reviews are very promising.
    07-02-13 08:22 AM

Yes, you can get google maps on it from googles site. But its not the same experience that you will get on a "google phone". Its ok though. I also mostly stick with BlackBerry Maps unless I want a satellite view.
    07-02-13 09:04 AM

You would probably use Sprint Navigation, not BB Maps... BB Maps isn't very featured on the old BB OS...
    07-02-13 03:43 PM
    VZ won't activate it

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they will if it's clean. I know from experience.
    07-05-13 12:14 AM
    Bet Buy Mobile has the 9930 for $0.00 with upgrade:

Sprint 9930 at BB Mobile
    07-05-13 01:00 AM