Not sure if this has been asked before but I can't find a thread on it. Is there a spotify app available for BlackBerry OS and if there is does it work well?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:38 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately not. There is no native spotify app for BlackBerry OS. The Android App is working very good under BB10, but there is nothing for the previous devices.

Maybe you can try to use Spotifys Webplayer from your Browser. Go to play.spotify.com and try to login. I cant test it by myself because I dont have a working BB OS device.

Good Luck!
    09-20-15 07:02 AM
    For Legacy devices, Spotify is on BlackBerry World or can be found via ota by going to m.spotify.com BUT the app only works with a premium account... (You can sign up for a free 30 trial if desired...)

The Spotify app on Amazon with BB10 works fine and can be used without a premium account...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-21-15 at 06:38 AM.
    ATV_Hightower likes this.
    09-21-15 05:04 AM
    Yea I have had a Spotify premium account for at least a year and currently have a Q10 and it works even though slowly. Was just thinking of going back to a 9930 for a little while and it is a must have app. Thanks for the info

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:57 PM
    Yes definitely on Legacy OS. One of the reasons I kind of contemplated not going BlackBerry 10 back at launch.
    09-21-15 01:11 PM
    Yea I have had a Spotify premium account for at least a year and currently have a Q10 and it works even though slowly. Was just thinking of going back to a 9930 for a little while and it is a must have app. Thanks for the info

Posted via CB10
    With a premium account already you will be fine with the app in BlackBerry World (it's here: Check out Spotify! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/118611 ) or, again, you can point your mobile browser to m.spotify.com and then select 'BlackBerry' and it will give you the OTA link to download directly...

The only thing you may want to check into is that I believe I remember CDMA users complaining that this was one of those apps that wasn't compatible with their device... I.e. The 9930 may not be able to access the app world link (you'll probably get the error that your device isn't compatible, but it's all lies!), the OTA link via m.spotify.com should work though... If not let me know... I can help with that as well...

Enjoy! I love Legacy BBOS... Still run my 9900 along side my Classic...
    09-21-15 01:28 PM
    I wento to m.spotify.com on my Bold 9900 browser and I scrolled down to the Blackberry download link. Now it's working perfectly with my premium account.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    09-23-15 11:58 AM