I spilled some water on the back of the phone, but immediately cleaned it up. The phone worked fine for about an hour. Now the screen won't come back. I can still make and receive calls, but can't see anything on the screen. How can I fix this?

Bold 9930
    Sprint
    07-19-12 08:00 PM
    You should have immediately pulled the battery and put the phone in rice. By turning it on so soon, you may have caused permanent damage to the circuitry.
    07-19-12 08:07 PM
    It seems like incoming calls still work. I just plugged it into my computer and it recognized the phone. Just nothing showing on the screen.

You should have immediately pulled the battery and put the phone in rice. By turning it on so soon, you may have caused permanent damage to the circuitry.
    07-19-12 08:14 PM
    the circuitry is probably fried, I'm afraid.

I don't know if insurance covers water damage, if it was insured....

terribly sorry, OP. as a last resort see if you can use a hair dryer on it, but it's pretty grim
    07-19-12 08:52 PM
    I hope you have insurance for your device. Good luck hope it works out for you.
    07-19-12 09:00 PM
    No insurance
    Forgot I only had 30 days to add insurance after a phone swap. It's on 40th day.

I have it sitting in rice now. Hopefully it'd come back to life in 2 days.
    07-19-12 09:12 PM
    That is usually how that works. Its a 600 dollar phone. If I gave you 6 one hundred dollar bills, would you lose them?
    07-19-12 10:35 PM
    Well, the incoming calls seem to work. So maybe the screen itself is just toast. You think I can get a replacement screen and bring it back to life?
    07-20-12 11:42 AM
    Well, the incoming calls seem to work. So maybe the screen itself is just toast. You think I can get a replacement screen and bring it back to life?
    Possibly. Look on YouTube for a how-to video.
    07-20-12 11:57 AM
    or find an experienced techie and get them to do it if you don't feel comfortable enough.
    07-20-12 12:07 PM
    take the battery out and put it in the freezer over night, then put it in a bag of rice on your dashboard and park in the sun all day. I rescued my wife's phone from being left out in the rain for six hours using this method.
    07-20-12 12:12 PM
    its easy to replace the screen. as long as your not accident prone... (like spilling water on your devices and stuff).

i have a WHITE 001/111 lcd/digitizer i can send to you for free if you want. (free if your us or canada). let me know if you want it... should work even if your got a black bb but might look weird
    07-20-12 06:43 PM
    This same thing happened to my phone, what did you end up doing??
    10-30-13 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD