So usual story: got my Bold 9900, love it, etc etc. However, there are two debilitating issues with spell check, and I was wondering if they are addressed in latter OS versions (I am running stock Rogers), or can otherwise be addressed.

1. There is no spell check in BB browser when typing in text entry boxes. I don't know if this has always been the case since I used Bolt browser on my 9000, and it had spell check within the browser... but I really don't want to go back to Bolt since the OS 7 native browser is so much better.

2. Even with the language support, there is no spell check for Russian in all BB applications. This was definitely not the case for previous operating systems. Is this feature simply missing from OS 7, or can I somehow add it?
    12-18-11 05:50 PM
    I have a Check Spelling option in the text field...well the text fields of reply boxes on forums at least.

...I just checked, I don't have it in the text field where, for example, I would put my password in.
    12-18-11 08:30 PM
    What OS build are you running? Does it check spelling as you type, or just provide a spell check option through the menu?
    12-19-11 05:35 AM
    Does -anyone- have their Bold checking spelling as you type in the browser? Also, I have figured out the issue with Russian spell check. It exists, and is available for the standard keyboard layout... but seems to disappear for the phonetic keyboard layout that I use. What would be the best way of notifying RIM of this bug?
    12-19-11 04:51 PM
    I'm on .440, still 7.0.

The only spell check as I type is in email and the memo pad, never in the browser function -in the browser I always have to manually have it check.

I don't know about the answer to your bug question though, hopefully someone will!
    12-19-11 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD