Paid my iPhone bill today. Like looks of new Bold so I ask when it was out? To my surprise rep says quickly, November 22! It's called the Dakota. I said seriously? She said just this morning they were updated on on the Blackberry releases they have coming out. Just thought I'd pass it on. I was thinking september , no way freaking November . Guess iPhone 5 will be my upgrade, just hate dealing with the damn Geeks at the Genius Bar...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 07:09 PM
    So your 'friend' was talking BS then?

At@t is sept 28. A friend
    08-09-11 07:32 PM
    I have been waiting for this phone for over a year... I hate AT&T and their big Torch hard on.
    08-09-11 07:32 PM
    I've been nothing but disappointed with my hopes in dreams. I rather wait until AT&T releases the date. It's disappointing and stressful that we have to wait while our current phones are constantly crashing and becoming slow pieces of junk as we witness the incredible speeds of the new phones.
    08-09-11 07:35 PM
    Ouch!

10char
    08-09-11 07:48 PM
    Looks like I need a Rogers device. Anything else work (Bell, Voda, etc) with AT&T bands?
    08-09-11 07:50 PM
    I wouldn't trust the words of the employees on the floor. Their job is to sell you a phone, and if they can tell you that a different phone won't be coming til ___, then they can try and sell you a phone immediately.
    08-09-11 08:00 PM
    this can be thought about in two ways.the good would be that at&t had this long a delay until october/november to implement a wifi hotspot functionality and a front-facing camera on their batches unlike the other carriers. the bad would be that at&t considers the new berries as the second tier devices.their front runner is the iphone 5 and they want customers to commit to iphone instead of bb.so the delay would mean this the only reason.so what at&t is thinking is totally in their heads and nothing is for certain until they say so.
    08-09-11 08:21 PM
    Looks like I need a Rogers device. Anything else work (Bell, Voda, etc) with AT&T bands?
    Just about any of them will work with AT&T, except the AWS carriers like TMO/Wind Canada etc.

Look out for devices with 3G bands 1, 2, 5 & 6... and avoid the ones with 1, 4 & 8
    08-09-11 08:28 PM
    Sept/Nov release date is still not awesome. Waiting is painful! Windows Mango sure does look nice and tempts me into the dark side. No android or iOS unless they drop a 12 mp shooter... I don't see that happening either.
    08-09-11 08:36 PM
    I wouldn't trust the words of the employees on the floor. Their job is to sell you a phone, and if they can tell you that a different phone won't be coming til ___, then they can try and sell you a phone immediately.
    Your display picture puts a pretty dirty image in my head.
    08-09-11 08:41 PM
    Paid my iPhone bill today. Like looks of new Bold so I ask when it was out? To my surprise rep says quickly, November 22! It's called the Dakota. I said seriously? She said just this morning they were updated on on the Blackberry releases they have coming out. Just thought I'd pass it on. I was thinking september , no way freaking November . Guess iPhone 5 will be my upgrade, just hate dealing with the damn Geeks at the Genius Bar...

Hey, you're that Limo Driver from a couple of posts back. Seems like you hit all the big shots with knowing information. Keep it up
    08-09-11 09:40 PM

If their release is that far off, they wouldn't have an exact date yet.
    08-09-11 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD