Those of you who love to defend RIM saying that "release will be summer" is just running around in circles. RIM specifically posted ON THEIR OFFICIAL website news release, EARLY summer.
    It isn't a matter of defending RIM, it's a matter of keeping things straight. I have not seen any reference to early summer in any of RIM's statements. I may have missed one. My days are ridiculously hectic.

In addition, in some countries it is illegal to say "coming soon", if you cannot get an item finalized within 2 weeks of posting the item as coming soon. It is called consumer fraud. Too bad North America and Europe is sooo open to big companies.
    Then if that's the case, all RIM has to do is to not say "coming soon" in any of those countries. I wonder how a law such as that can be enforced, since the phrase "coming soon" is open ended and gives no real expectation of when an event is about to happen. I can see if it were "coming in two weeks" and then it didn't. Coming soon is open ended, therefore unenforceable. As such, it is not fraud since no expectation has been set on a date. Consumer fraud would be better identified as a company promising to do something that it doesn't do. RIM hasn't given a date other than "summer." So what is meant by summer? Whose summer? Australia? North America? With these questions unaswered, how can RIM be late when in the Northern Hemisphere Summer hasn't started and in the Southern Hemisphere it's six months away?

Early summer is fading away and I wish the RIM lovers admit to the fact the PHONE IS DELAYED. Early summer is NOT sept 23rd. Period.
    Summer starts in June 22 in the Northern Hemisphere. As of your writing, it's June 10th. Early summer is not September 23rd, and neither is June 10th. How can something that hasn't started be fading? And again, I haven't seen one single announcement giving a time as "early summer." So it's not late, since it's not summer. Period.

Really, as my daughter loves to say....chillax. It's the weekend....have a beer and then a romantic evening.
    06-10-11 02:56 PM
    I'm with you miss-ca but where does it say "early summer" on RIM's web site? Unless we are agreeing that when RIM says "Beginning this Summer" that The Bold 9900/9930 would be available sometime between June 28th to July 15th in North America. I think we'll find out if all these rumors are either true or BS when RIM has their stockholders meeting June 16th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 03:19 PM
    RIM knows that Blackberry loyalists will get this phone no matter when it drops... tomorro... even next year! Maybe RIM is trying to get a nice first week launch and saving it for September is probably the best way to do that.. teens with no real priorities.. teens with priorities that just make ALOT of cash.. the working class will grab it no matter when it's released.. and than you have a bunch of college students who are going back to school that are going to need phones.. and have alot of "disposable" income (student loans, OSAP).. it makes sense.. as an OSAP student myself, i'd be willing to drop a decent chunk of change on this thing in September... I sold my iPhone 4 thinking it was coming this summer.. but September definitely makes things ALOT easier
    06-10-11 06:14 PM
    It isn't a matter of defending RIM, it's a matter of keeping things straight. I have not seen any reference to early summer in any of RIM's statements. I may have missed one. My days are ridiculously hectic.

Then if that's the case, all RIM has to do is to not say "coming soon" in any of those countries. I wonder how a law such as that can be enforced, since the phrase "coming soon" is open ended and gives no real expectation of when an event is about to happen. I can see if it were "coming in two weeks" and then it didn't. Coming soon is open ended, therefore unenforceable. As such, it is not fraud since no expectation has been set on a date. Consumer fraud would be better identified as a company promising to do something that it doesn't do. RIM hasn't given a date other than "summer." So what is meant by summer? Whose summer? Australia? North America? With these questions unaswered, how can RIM be late when in the Northern Hemisphere Summer hasn't started and in the Southern Hemisphere it's six months away?

Summer starts in June 22 in the Northern Hemisphere. As of your writing, it's June 10th. Early summer is not September 23rd, and neither is June 10th. How can something that hasn't started be fading? And again, I haven't seen one single announcement giving a time as "early summer." So it's not late, since it's not summer. Period.

Really, as my daughter loves to say....chillax. It's the weekend....have a beer and then a romantic evening.
    Who even said early summer?
    06-11-11 12:27 AM
    Who even said early summer?
    The OP did... several times, in several posts

RIM specifically posted ON THEIR OFFICIAL website news release, EARLY summer.
    06-11-11 06:06 AM
    Because there are people who hear things through a friend of a RIM rep who was at the cousin's store heard it through the deceased grandmother who was told at a seance.
    And we all know that has more credence than a RIM statement upon an announcement.
    06-11-11 06:13 AM
    The OP did... several times, in several posts
    The OP has zero credibility. There is No Way the manufacturer would direct resellers to delay release... particularly when the product has not even been shipped to the resellers. It is even less likely a student working part-time in one of a reseller's retail stores would be told about this non-event.

Some members might question the OP's motivation. Others might suspect the OP's judgement was impaired while posting.
    06-11-11 08:18 PM
    Whatever countries call it fraud when RIM has not received anything of value, are really messed up. It's not like the phones have been paid for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Please read the false advertising laws in countries around the world. There is a thin line between what RIM is doing and misleading investors and customers.

With China and India booming, self-centered people think that the world is 100% based on North America.
    06-12-11 12:07 AM
    The OP has zero credibility. There is No Way the manufacturer would direct resellers to delay release... particularly when the product has not even been shipped to the resellers. It is even less likely a student working part-time in one of a reseller's retail stores would be told about this non-event.

Some members might question the OP's motivation. Others might suspect the OP's judgement was impaired while posting.
    Wait and see for yourself... No offense, but when Canada get the phone in September, I will be very happy that I am right.
    06-12-11 12:09 AM
    Nobody is doubting your belief that it might be September. However I do call your bluff that RIM has ordered carriers and resellers to delay the release. That would only be necessary or plausible if an earlier date had been set AND stock was already shipped for distribution - which has clearly not happened.
    mssca likes this.
    06-12-11 01:00 PM
    Nobody is doubting your belief that it might be September. However I do call your bluff that RIM has ordered carriers and resellers to delay the release. That would only be necessary or plausible if an earlier date had been set AND stock was already shipped for distribution - which has clearly not happened.
    Thanks for the reply... I hope it will release BEFORE Sept. and I don't know if the RIM reps made the story at first place. But in addition what RIM reps at BestBuy said, our new training module is still locked. I have no access to new RIM training package yet, but I can see the package listed on our training server. This is a strong indication of someone (may not be RIM) delaying the phone. No company in the world waste money on a training module and then modify the module just before release.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 06-12-11 at 05:39 PM.
    06-12-11 01:14 PM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD