Steve Jobs hasn't announced the iPhones 4S or 5 or whatever yet. RIM not only announced this device but dedicated their entire BBWorld event to it.... only to release it 2 or 3 months later?? NOT a good move any way you look at it. In fact, it's a pretty horrible move any way you slice it. They have most likely lost my business because of this. I want the 9900 so badly, but unfortunately my 8330 is just not with the times anymore and as much as I love the blackberry platform, I'm going to have to play the field here and cut my loses on an iPhone or Droid... Very sad about this. I really wanted this phone but I cannot realistically wait two or three more months for a new phone.
    3 things............

1) I agree with you 100%.
    2) If you're gonna jump ship, Go for iPhone, NOT Android.
    3) I get the feeling that Rim announced the 9900 because like you said-- the competition is coming out with all kinda stuff and they've fallen behind. It's. almost as if some marketing guy said-- "hey boys, even though it's not ready, go announce that 9900 phone cause we're looking like real sh!t heads".
    Bad move. I've always loved rim and I'll get the 9900 but IMHO they look foolish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 06:00 AM
    2) If you're gonna jump ship, Go for iPhone, NOT Android.
    ^ lol, iOS is so boring, Android OS isn't and doesn't require iTunes. :P
    05-30-11 07:43 AM
    You are entirely a hypocrite. How many people agreed with my post? At least 4 of the people who read it. No one wants to hear your crap about how we are all impatient because we want a new phone. Just leave, you are adding nothing beneficial to this discussion.

That was about 1/100th of my point in that post? Congrats for your useful posts? I mean what do you want from me? I was merely stating a fact that looking back on that guys track record, he has has little to no useful posts. Many just complaining about the CrackBerry community. And congrats that you have 24x as many posts as me too? I don't understand your theory.. I would hope that you have more "thanks" seeing as you have 2400 posts? I guess I will congratulate you again for pointing out the obvious?

I mean I'm sure I would get many more "thanks" too if I advertised it in my signature? I don't care about "thanks" anywhere close to how much you do OBVIOUSLY because I feel I will get "thanked" without asking people to thank me if my post is helpful. You on the other hand are telling people "Hey hey, look at me! You should thank me!! Its right down there to the right, click that button!!" >.>

You don't care about "thanks" yet you were the one that ******* brought it up in the first place, and continue on to brag about the 4 people who thanked your post, and then go on another paragraph about thanks?

there's a reason you reacted to jgasper's post so strongly.. it rang true.
    Last edited by barrist; 05-30-11 at 08:08 AM.
    05-30-11 08:05 AM
    The delays are annoying, RIM's product launches definitely aren't as smooth as other big tech companies, but to be honest I just hope they make a sweet phone - I've been wanting this phone for probably 3 years and I could see myself using the 9900 for the longest period of time of any BlackBerry I've had. I have a 9780 for now and I'm fine with it until whenever the 9900 comes out.
    05-30-11 08:09 AM
    You don't care about "thanks" yet you were the one that ******* brought it up in the first place, and continue on to brag about the 4 people who thanked your post, and then go on another paragraph about thanks?

there's a reason you reacted to jgasper's post so strongly.. it rang true.
    Yeah no kidding, I had no reason to reply to his post but I just laughed at how he interpeted "buy outright = impatient", no it means you aren't renewing your contract or just don't want a contract. I buy phones outright all the time myself... ooooh I'm impatient!

Thank me now.
    05-30-11 08:18 AM
    ^ lol, iOS is so boring, Android OS isn't and doesn't require iTunes. :P
    Android has a lot of issues depend on which phone manufacture you go with. Some android phones are slow even with a fast processor because the software the manufactures add cause problems. Also there are some issues with bad apps including viruses.

05-30-11 08:50 AM
    LOL reading some of the rage comments in here is making me laugh and definitely giving me something to smile about

What is it with some of you??...have you no patience??...are you really that angry/sad to say that if this doesnt come out before August then your off to another platform??...seriously?? if so then a big fat LOL to the ones ******** and whining like little kids in here.

RIM hasnt given us a proper release date, they just said summer time which someone earlier said was june to sept time frame. So whats the problem here guys??...just because some retail monkey has come in here and posted a bit of info that everyone has now got their little panties into a twist??...geezus mary christ.

Personally i dont think we will see this phone till Aug sometime and even then i dont expect to pick it up till Sept off line for myself...i guess i have alot more patience than you guys in here.

Seriously chill out, go outside and enjoy whatever weather your currently having...it will do u a world of good and honestly just wait a few mths because im sure it will be worth it.
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    05-30-11 09:11 AM
    LOL reading some of the rage comments in here is making me laugh and definitely giving me something to smile about

What is it with some of you??...have you no patience??...are you really that angry/sad to say that if this doesnt come out before August then your off to another platform??...seriously?? if so then a big fat LOL to the ones ******** and whining like little kids in here.

RIM hasnt given us a proper release date, they just said summer time which someone earlier said was june to sept time frame. So whats the problem here guys??...just because some retail monkey has come in here and posted a bit of info that everyone has now got their little panties into a twist??...geezus mary christ.

Personally i dont think we will see this phone till Aug sometime and even then i dont expect to pick it up till Sept off line for myself...i guess i have alot more patience than you guys in here.

Seriously chill out, go outside and enjoy whatever weather your currently having...it will do u a world of good and honestly just wait a few mths because im sure it will be worth it.
    yeah guys! Get a life! Stop discussing blackberry on blackberry forums! It's ridiculous! Stop having opinions that I don't have, it's just wrong! Go enjoy the weather because I'm right and you guys are crazy!!!!

/you

thanks for the insight bro.
    mssca likes this.
    05-30-11 10:50 AM
    yeah guys! Get a life! Stop discussing blackberry on blackberry forums! It's ridiculous! Stop having opinions that I don't have, it's just wrong! Go enjoy the weather because I'm right and you guys are crazy!!!!

/you

LOL bit touchy about what i said??

Nothing wrong with discussing blackberry on a blackberry forum...so where you got that half assed idea from my post is beyond me truly.

I just find it hilarious that people in here are stomping their feet like petualant little brats because they cant wait a few mths but yet feel that RIM owes them somethuing when in reality RIM dont owe us sweet FA in the grand scheme of things if you look at it reasonably open minded.

My point is that there isnt any point in moaning and ******** about the 9900/9930 because quite simply put RIM isnt going to release it until Aug so get used to that little bit of info....if it comes out sooner then yayyy great but it wont.
    05-30-11 11:14 AM
    LOL bit touchy about what i said??

Nothing wrong with discussing blackberry on a blackberry forum...so where you got that half assed idea from my post is beyond me truly.

I just find it hilarious that people in here are stomping their feet like petualant little brats because they cant wait a few mths but yet feel that RIM owes them somethuing when in reality RIM dont owe us sweet FA in the grand scheme of things if you look at it reasonably open minded.

My point is that there isnt any point in moaning and ******** about the 9900/9930 because quite simply put RIM isnt going to release it until Aug so get used to that little bit of info....if it comes out sooner then yayyy great but it wont.
    Oh so we shouldn't discuss what we think because RIM can do whatever they want and we should just allow them to work in peace, how rude of us. Luckily we have moral straight arrows like you to set us straight or else it would be total chaos in here!!
    05-30-11 11:36 AM
    Oh so we shouldn't discuss what we think because RIM can do whatever they want and we should just allow them to work in peace, how rude of us. Luckily we have moral straight arrows like you to set us straight or else it would be total chaos in here!!
    Again either your stupid or just being impossible...i didnt say that did i??...im just saying that i dont get why people are moaning about the release date so much....tell me doody guy has RIM actually come out with a release date??...welll have they??...no they havent other than summer time release...now whats the time frame for summer...june to sept right?? RIGHT??...so with that being known, there isnt a chance in **** that its going to be released before then and like i said in my first post....we will see this around Aug time...if people are that impatient then they can always leave BB and go over to another platform ie Apple or Android...problem is with Android, they have like a million and one different devices out there at the moment and its very fragmented their whole platform ie the older devices wont run the newest Android software etc etc. Whereas Apple only ever release thew iphone every yr, which is a good thing as its only one device they concentrate on but no one knows if they are releasing a new iphone this yr or not.

And yes let them work in peace lol...ya really think they are going to come on here and say Oh **** guys come on the people over at crackberry are getting their little panties into a right old twist so we better release this baby with all the bugs then and only then they will be happy....guarantee you if they do release it now with the bugs then you will have people such are yourself ***** and moan about how they should have got it right ie delay the release so that the device isnt as buggy.

No pleasing some kids in here.
    05-30-11 11:52 AM
    Again either your stupid or just being impossible...i didnt say that did i??...im just saying that i dont get why people are moaning about the release date so much....tell me doody guy has RIM actually come out with a release date??...welll have they??...no they havent other than summer time release...now whats the time frame for summer...june to sept right?? RIGHT??...so with that being known, there isnt a chance in **** that its going to be released before then and like i said in my first post....we will see this around Aug time...if people are that impatient then they can always leave BB and go over to another platform ie Apple or Android...problem is with Android, they have like a million and one different devices out there at the moment and its very fragmented their whole platform ie the older devices wont run the newest Android software etc etc. Whereas Apple only ever release thew iphone every yr, which is a good thing as its only one device they concentrate on but no one knows if they are releasing a new iphone this yr or not.

And yes let them work in peace lol...ya really think they are going to come on here and say Oh **** guys come on the people over at crackberry are getting their little panties into a right old twist so we better release this baby with all the bugs then and only then they will be happy....guarantee you if they do release it now with the bugs then you will have people such are yourself ***** and moan about how they should have got it right ie delay the release so that the device isnt as buggy.

No pleasing some kids in here.
    No, what happened was, you saw people discussing something you disagreed with and then you told them to stop and get a life, or go outside and enjoy the weather or something.

This is a blackberry forum. We can discuss whatever we want as long as it's on topic. If you don't like the discussion then don't participate in it, just press back space and go visit another thread. But if you are going to take part in the discussion then don't sprinkle little personal attacks throughout your post.

Also if you read my posts in this topic you'd already know my position, but I'll state it again. No RIM has never stated a release date, THAT'S MY POINT. A company dedicating their BIGGEST event of the year to a SINGLE phone and they don't offer a single release date. And now apparently the word is it might not release until 3-4 months after the event? That's pretty ridiculous man. Someone pointed it out above, it's obvious what happened here. They felt they HAD to announce something because they had nothing at all prepared for the market yet, so they rushed the announcement of the Bold 9900 with no intention of releasing it any time soon JUST so they could show they had something.

If that doesn't warrant being disappointed then I don't know what does. They set expectations for themselves when they announced it. According to the latest word, they definitely aren't meeting these expectations at all. That's the problem here. They should announce the phone, announce a release date (a timely one), and get it done. Execution execution execution. Something they have no concept of it seems. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason it is taking them so long is because they dedicated 100% of their resources to the Playbook, but once again, that's poor management.

No one is doing anything wrong by calling them out on this. Them not giving us a date isn't an excuse, it's part of the problem. They shouldn't have dedicated their biggest event to the one phone if this is what they were going to do.
    Fr3lncr and zeteo like this.
    05-30-11 11:59 AM
    Can't we all just get along???

PG
    05-30-11 12:31 PM
    Can't we all just get along???

PG
    Clearly not

Meh...the phone will be here when its ready for release...no amount of ******** and whining is going to help release it earlier.

We all know what RIM are like when it comes to releases...they love to show off their new handsets but then take their time releasing them...thats just the RIM way of marketing....
    05-30-11 12:53 PM
    Amen! We all love our BlackBerry's...but dislike RIM's managment of announcing/releasing the Bold 9900/9930 it is totally messed up, no matter how you paint it, terrible PR on RIM's part.

05-30-11 12:54 PM
    No, what happened was, you saw people discussing something you disagreed with and then you told them to stop and get a life, or go outside and enjoy the weather or something.

This is a blackberry forum. We can discuss whatever we want as long as it's on topic. If you don't like the discussion then don't participate in it, just press back space and go visit another thread. But if you are going to take part in the discussion then don't sprinkle little personal attacks throughout your post.

Also if you read my posts in this topic you'd already know my position, but I'll state it again. No RIM has never stated a release date, THAT'S MY POINT. A company dedicating their BIGGEST event of the year to a SINGLE phone and they don't offer a single release date. And now apparently the word is it might not release until 3-4 months after the event? That's pretty ridiculous man. Someone pointed it out above, it's obvious what happened here. They felt they HAD to announce something because they had nothing at all prepared for the market yet, so they rushed the announcement of the Bold 9900 with no intention of releasing it any time soon JUST so they could show they had something.

If that doesn't warrant being disappointed then I don't know what does. They set expectations for themselves when they announced it. According to the latest word, they definitely aren't meeting these expectations at all. That's the problem here. They should announce the phone, announce a release date (a timely one), and get it done. Execution execution execution. Something they have no concept of it seems. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason it is taking them so long is because they dedicated 100% of their resources to the Playbook, but once again, that's poor management.

No one is doing anything wrong by calling them out on this. Them not giving us a date isn't an excuse, it's part of the problem. They shouldn't have dedicated their biggest event to the one phone if this is what they were going to do.

Can you imagine all the crying and moaning that would be going on if they hadn't announced any new phones at BlackBerry World? Doesn't matter what RIM does or doesn't do, there will always be impatient people to complain.
    05-30-11 12:56 PM
    Can you imagine all the crying and moaning that would be going on if they hadn't announced any new phones at BlackBerry World? Doesn't matter what RIM does or doesn't do, there will always be impatient people to complain.
    And people would be right to complain about that as well would they not? I love these excuses for RIM. Lol how come doing it right is never an option or a consideration when speaking on RIM? Why does it have to be, announce the bold 9900 and not release it for a long time or not announce any phones at all? Why can't it be: announce a phone and release it in a timely fashion.

That's the whole point here, that's what I'm getting at. Doesn't matter if there is a reason for this and that, or whatever internal stuff and all that jibber jabber. The point, we should expect more. It's disappointing is all. Odds are I will wait and I probably will end up getting it...probably...maybe...probably :P

Won't stop me from making my point.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-30-11 01:24 PM
    And people would be right to complain about that as well would they not? I love these excuses for RIM. Lol how come doing it right is never an option or a consideration when speaking on RIM? Why does it have to be, announce the bold 9900 and not release it for a long time or not announce any phones at all? Why can't it be: announce a phone and release it in a timely fashion.

That's the whole point here, that's what I'm getting at. Doesn't matter if there is a reason for this and that, or whatever internal stuff and all that jibber jabber. The point, we should expect more. It's disappointing is all. Odds are I will wait and I probably will end up getting it...probably...maybe...probably :P

Won't stop me from making my point.
    So if they didn't announce the 9900 until say Aug 1st and released it on say Aug 15th you'd be ok with that? That's announcing a phone and releasing in a timely fashion.
    05-30-11 02:16 PM
    I think what most of us are saying is 1st, RIM should have already had at least the Bold 9900/9930 available NOW, 2nd if RIM knew the Bold was seriously delayed, then at LEAST announce the fact and give August 15 has the TRUE release date...when RIM themselves are sending out e-mails taughting the Bold 9900/9930 "COMING SOON" then that isn't just crackberrys' hanging on leaks and rumors...RIM themselves are saying "COMING SOON" and if it isn't released soon, some will go elsewere...what happens when August 15 comes, and RIM is still doing the Texas two-step and smoke and mirrors of "COMING SOON" 3-6 months later isn't "COMING SOON" to ANYONES lexicon.

05-30-11 03:23 PM
    I don't think its just that people are "impatient" with RIM. It's because us crackberry users have invested our time and money on Blackberry devices to manage our lives and businesses and when they see the competitor releasing awesome devices we tend to wonder what's really going on with RIM.

As Blackberry consumers and investors (stock holders) we need to make ourselves heard. We do so through these kinds of forums and especially with our wallets. So don't think of it as 'whinning and moaning' its just part of our duty as fans/users/consumers to give RIM that kick-in-the-**** for motivation.
    05-30-11 04:25 PM
    I guess all of you are right in many points.
    But I would think that, once RIM have "announced" something that has been "rumoured" for (too) long a time, things have changed a bit and they carry a bit more responsibility to keep their customers informed.
    No more "leak" or "sneaking out" certain info to keep us hooked.
    If they want us to see what the OS7 (simulator, for example) would be like, don't just drop and "leak" it, but "announce" it to show what they are doing and what progress they have been making. if things might be delayed, say so with good reason and we (more reasonable ones :-) would accept it. Just plainly be more upfront with their customers, now that they have "announced" the phone with a big fanfare.

This is important when RIM's competitors are much more sophisticated in keeping customers informed and do things in a timely manner. "Tease" ad works only for so long (maybe a max one month?)

My $.02.
    05-30-11 04:40 PM

/you

hahahaa. well said

05-30-11 05:34 PM
    ok let me step in here again

i dont think RIM is the issue right now... from what has been leaked and such this phone has been in field testing with the carriers for a while... normally when RIM announces something its ready to go shortly after (with the exception of the playbook, that was just pure teasing and them dangling it in our faces like a fat kid and chocolate cake)... so i think the issue with the release is the carriers not getting there butts in gear, approving things and getting it out the door... how many times have we seen devices pushed back because the carrier wasnt happy with something

what RIM needs to do is get away from the carriers in that regard, like alot of us have been saying for the longest time. And i think that will change with QNX where RIM wont have to have the carriers approve OSs. essentially the carrier will approve the main OS and then RIM pushes out fixes and such...

anyways... like i was saying i think the main issue now is the carriers taking there sweet time with approving the thing hence why they give the timeframe of summertime, because each carrier will release it at different times... at&t may release it on august 15th, but Rogers may release before that... hence they give the time frame....
    Last edited by c_86; 05-30-11 at 06:24 PM.
    05-30-11 06:19 PM
    I think that if these OS7 phones are delayed until end of August or later, then investors will be pissed, and heads will roll in Waterloo! We have how many videos of these various devices out now? RIM may be growing sales globally by expanding sales in new markets, but they aren't growing enough as a company to be able to reliably develop and deliver new products to existing markets in a timely manor.
    05-30-11 08:39 PM
    i was on the phone with Rogers today complaining about my bill. After resolving that, I asked the girl when the next Blackberry is coming out. She told me the next Bold is coming in July. But then she also said it will be touch screen with no keyboard so I put very little value in what she said. Maybe she heard touch screen and assumed no keyboard and it really IS coming in July. I can dream.
    05-30-11 11:54 PM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD