According to BestBuy Canada management, ALL Canadian service providers were told to delay the release of 9900 by RIM. The RIM reps told BestBuy today that RIM will NOT release the 9900 in Canada until the end of August.

I don't know anyone from RIM or I will NEVER claim to be one those people who know everything. But, I work part time at BestBuy and the RIM Western Canada reps came to our store today. He told BestBuy management that 9900 is delayed by RIM for "unknown reasons".

RIM is targeting so called "back to school shopping period" and no one in BestBuy Canada mobile will get access to training module for 9900, including me, until the end of August.

Maybe someone from Crackberry.com should ask questions from RIM's CEO about this intentional delay!!!!

According to RIM rpes, the RIM will not ship any orders of 9900/9930 for ALL Canada until the mid August.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-27-11 at 03:06 PM.
    Erica_tom and anon(3896606) like this.
    05-27-11 03:03 PM
    What happen to all the new agencies who should pick up this? I can't find any info on this delay anywhere on the web!

Anyway, I won't be visiting crackberry.com for another three weeks... No point of wasting my time on this 9900.
    05-27-11 03:23 PM
    Yeah Iw as talking to a rogers guy and he said they wont release the phone till around when the iphone gets released.... I think they wanna go head to head for sales but not alot of people care they just want the phone now
    05-27-11 03:34 PM
    Anyway, I won't be visiting crackberry.com for another three weeks...
    Can you make that 3 months... please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    barrist likes this.
    05-27-11 03:43 PM
    What happen to all the new agencies who should pick up this? I can't find any info on this delay anywhere on the web!

Anyway, I won't be visiting crackberry.com for another three weeks... No point of wasting my time on this 9900.
    According to BestBuy Canada management, ALL Canadian service providers were told to delay the release of 9900 by RIM. The RIM reps told BestBuy today that RIM will NOT release the 9900 in Canada until the end of August.
    Where's the proof?
    05-27-11 03:44 PM
    I got this email from a supplier in the UK. I purchased my Torch from them on release day over here.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your email.

I can confirm this product won't be available until July/August unfortunately. I can confirm we will look to get this product in stock as soon as possible.

Much appreciated

If I can be of further assistance or if my response has not fully answered or resolved your query then do not hesitate to contact Mobile Fun again and mark your email for my personal attention.

Ben Rheeston
    Customer Service Advisor
    05-27-11 05:38 PM
    Sucks. This might very well result in me getting a HP Pre3 instead. I'm on a Palm Pre right now which is almost falling apart at it's seams. I love WebOS but I really wanted the Bold Touch. Not sure if I'll be able to restrain myself if the Pre3 (which is quite nice too, I've played with the real thing already) hits the store months before the Bold Touch.

This late crap is not going to do RIM any favors for sure. There's a bunch of hi-spec android phones around the corner and a rumored iPhone 5 in september. We need this phone NOW, not months away from now...
    05-27-11 05:42 PM
    We need this phone NOW, not months away from now...
    We need this phone RIGHT and whenever... not NOW and unusable!

big_time2 likes this.
    05-27-11 05:46 PM
    If back to school period is what they said, they have to be some of the dumbest mofos out there. You know you can release a phone when you have less competition aka now, and then come back to school time start pushing marketing and promos really hard right?

But of course they wouldn't know that.
    05-27-11 07:06 PM
    Damn rim.. I really want this phone, but need a new one.

I wanted it to release before the iPhone 4s so I won't be tempted to buy an iPhone. I may be headed that way. the iPhone is always expensive, so I may go for the iPhone 4... I dunno. I love the amount of apps, and iOS, but love the keyboards and communications of the blackberry... tough choice... really tough.

don't like the messaging on the iPhone. emailing is nice though.
    05-27-11 07:23 PM
    Can you make that 3 months... please!

Hahahaha. You don't like her?

05-27-11 09:27 PM
    We need this phone RIGHT and whenever... not NOW and unusable!

We need it both right now and usable.
    05-27-11 10:08 PM
    We need it both right now and usable.
    I don't know how much we "need" it. But RIM sure as **** needs it out now. It would be awesome to have it in our hands right now. They need to time their phones so that people are still excited its coming out before the effect wares off and people stop watching for it and then buy something else. I think they still have it right now but if they keep on with what they are doing a lot of people will lose interest.

Let's hope they get this phone out soon.

05-27-11 10:19 PM
    I don't know how much we "need" it. But RIM sure as **** needs it out now. It would be awesome to have it in our hands right now. They need to time their phones so that people are still excited its coming out before the effect wares off and people stop watching for it and then buy something else. I think they still have it right now but if they keep on with what they are doing a lot of people will lose interest.

Let's hope they get this phone out soon.

Yes. This. You say it better than I did. It's mostly RIM that needs this phone to be out right now AND be a very good phone. If it takes many more months it will be way too late in the game and a LOT of sales will have been lost by then. Not to mention all kinds of competing phones coming out left and right.
    05-27-11 10:27 PM
    I just love how they dedicated their biggest show of the year to this one phone and had the audacity not to announce a date, and not only that, they are apparently delaying it behind the scenes.

Only RIM folks, just when you think they might turn a corner they back up about 10 steps.
    05-27-11 10:47 PM
    Once it was announced, I decided against upgrading my HTC Desire for a dual cored android. With cash in hand, I took the screen protector and case off my HTC Desire, waiting for this thing to come out so I can jump ship.

If they're waiting til August, they've shot themselves in the foot. Come August, the mobile phone climate will be ages ahead of where it is now, and the Bold Touch will be dead out of the water.

I know a lot of you want something that works out the door, but I'd much rather have the product out asap, just followed by frequent software updates from RIM.
    05-28-11 03:43 AM
    I just love how they dedicated their biggest show of the year to this one phone and had the audacity not to announce a date, and not only that, they are apparently delaying it behind the scenes.

Only RIM folks, just when you think they might turn a corner they back up about 10 steps.
    I don't like the Jobs guy but truth is-- he makes the Rim marketing people look like amateurs.

Blacksalim likes this.
    05-28-11 05:32 AM
    I hate to confirm this, but it is true.

My BlackBerry supplier told me they're not expecting any new phones from RIM before September, and I don't want to believe that.
    05-28-11 09:42 AM
    i happy to hear that because it mean RIM will make the best phone device with a better battery for us! not the 1230mah battery! CHEeRs!
    05-28-11 10:18 AM
    This delay is consistent with the chatter I heard from the lab rats this week. There has been some issues the hspa radio SW that I heard have been resolved and revised SW was delivered late this week. The lab folks think it will be ready to go to field testing shortly which lends itself to the August time line...

PG
    05-28-11 10:22 AM
    This delay is consistent with the chatter I heard from the lab rats this week. There has been some issues the hspa radio SW that I heard have been resolved and revised SW was delivered late this week. The lab folks think it will be ready to go to field testing shortly which lends itself to the August time line...

PG
    If its coming to the field shorty and we can assume a 45 days worth of testing that stills put the launch at Mid July come on phonegeek be optimistic !

05-28-11 10:41 AM
    I hope all of this is wrong and the phone is released soon, but I honestly will not be surprised one tiny bit if these new phones get released in October/November right before the holiday season.
    05-28-11 11:22 AM
    i want this phone as much as the next guy... and i am the one to want it now and deal with the bugs etc....

but really it works this way...

1. they release now and get boo'd at for the buggyness of the OS or whatever... and have OS updates come which take a long time to be approved by the carriers...

or

2. they wait and release when its ready and most of the bugs are fixed... possibly getting boo'd because its "no where near other devices (i think is a bunch of BS anyways)

so either way whatever RIM does there will be people complaining, whether it be about the bugs or if they wait then its about waiting for it and people want it now...

like i said, i am an early adopter and am willing to deal with the bugs but RIM always (for the most part) plays it safe with the release of devices... look at the torch, when it first got release it was bug ridden and the media ripped it to shreds... but now its a great device (for the most part)...

see what i mean... now the media is ripping it because its not out yet....

and Jobs is no better or worse when it comes to the media... if that were the case a new iphone would be coming already, but rumors say it wont be out till sept... well how is jobs not getting ripped for this... know what i mean...

anyways... my 2cents
    05-28-11 11:30 AM
    i want this phone as much as the next guy... and i am the one to want it now and deal with the bugs etc....

but really it works this way...

1. they release now and get boo'd at for the buggyness of the OS or whatever... and have OS updates come which take a long time to be approved by the carriers...

or

2. they wait and release when its ready and most of the bugs are fixed... possibly getting boo'd because its "no where near other devices (i think is a bunch of BS anyways)

so either way whatever RIM does there will be people complaining, whether it be about the bugs or if they wait then its about waiting for it and people want it now...

like i said, i am an early adopter and am willing to deal with the bugs but RIM always (for the most part) plays it safe with the release of devices... look at the torch, when it first got release it was bug ridden and the media ripped it to shreds... but now its a great device (for the most part)...

see what i mean... now the media is ripping it because its not out yet....

and Jobs is no better or worse when it comes to the media... if that were the case a new iphone would be coming already, but rumors say it wont be out till sept... well how is jobs not getting ripped for this... know what i mean...

anyways... my 2cents
    Well your choices are wrong because there is a 3rd one as well, it's: have it out at a reasonable time without many bugs. Once again it's just poor execution/management.

Also Jobs doesn't get bashed for it because he's an already established genius when it comes to marketing, if he thinks releasing in September will be better for them then there is absolutely no reason to deny that. It's also a different situation because in June Apple is about to release a huge update to the iOS platform which should revitalize those phones for a while, also consider the fact that a lot of people are just recently getting the iPhone 4 because its release in Verizon this year. I don't think it will disappoint many people to wait 3 months. RIM on the other hand isn't that good marketing, isn't offering a bit OS update earlier, and hasn't established the fact that they know what they're doing when it comes to selling massive amounts in NA.

Should be funny to see how it all works out.
    zurch likes this.
    05-28-11 12:02 PM
    Well your choices are wrong because there is a 3rd one as well, it's: have it out at a reasonable time without many bugs. Once again it's just poor execution/management.

funny to see how it all works out.
    Poor execution sums it up nicely. I've seen startups with better go to market execution.

05-28-11 12:36 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD