Verizon is NOT releasing 9930 anytime this week. I know that for a FACT! End of august release like TMobile. Kiosk mgr told my wife he knows this for a absolute fact...!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    awesker3#WN likes this.
    08-06-11 12:10 PM
    Just another rumor. Just saying

howarmat and MissJennell#IM like this.
    08-06-11 12:18 PM
    You may be right about timing, although I don't put much stock into what a kiosk employee/manager thinks or knows.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-06-11 12:19 PM
    Verizon is NOT releasing 9930 anytime this week. I know that for a FACT! End of august release like TMobile. Kiosk mgr told my wife he knows this for a absolute fact...!!

Im sure the kiosk mgr knows all. I'm not saying it's not true, but CSRs and location managers often know as little as we do.
    asdfjkandreax likes this.
    08-06-11 12:20 PM

For an admitted iphone user and non BlackBerry enthusiast you seem to have a knack for ferreting out 9900/9930 release dates. Starting to smell like bullsh*t to me.
    08-06-11 12:38 PM
    He said when phone is being released they atleast get a week notice. Never in his 3 years at verizon he said have they released a phone without a " memo" or something. He said he has nothing at all on the phone. And your wrong all stores get notice / memos/ something when they are leasing a phone..

08-06-11 01:09 PM
    Heh maybe the kiosk get it after the main stores

08-06-11 01:32 PM
    He said when phone is being released they atleast get a week notice. Never in his 3 years at verizon he said have they released a phone without a " memo" or something. He said he has nothing at all on the phone. And your wrong all stores get notice / memos/ something when they are leasing a phone..

He has a whole three years with Verizon... He must be in the know!
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-06-11 01:45 PM
    A kiosk manager really? Lol. I wonder what the night cleaning crew at my local Verizon store has to say about that. I'll see if they can confirm. (kidding, obviously).
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-06-11 01:50 PM
    The night cleaning crew at your local store would likely know more - they see what is on the shelves in the back room!
    howarmat and mustangv8 like this.
    08-06-11 01:53 PM
    I don't really trust kiosk reps or certified reseller stores. I feel like they're not usually in the know. He may have been trying to sell a phone for your wife for that same day so told her that.

I called a few Verizon stores and some told me BlackBerry reps have been making visits recently. One also said they just removed all of their current BlackBerrys. Most said a next week launch is definitely possible but lately they haven't been informed until days before release (i.e. droid 3).

Also, they said Thursdays are usually their launch days. This lines up perfectly with user rickbubello saying it should be coming August 11th. I checked his old posts and he has been pretty spot on in the past. He knew when the Tour would be getting an official 5.0 update a week in advance for example.

Don't forget how quickly Verizon released the 9550 and 9330 after announcement (1-2 days).
    asdfjkandreax likes this.
    08-06-11 01:55 PM

BTW, first you were a cab driver who was told early August by a high end RIM employee, and now a kiosk manager tells you late August?

You sure do get all the inside scoop
    wazzugrad likes this.
    08-06-11 02:04 PM
    I wouldn't place much stock into the Kiosk mgr's criteria for establishing facts. And the "memo" is arbitrary at best.

Just saying.

08-06-11 02:05 PM
    BTW, first you were a cab driver who was told early August by a high end RIM employee, and now a kiosk manager tells you late August?

You sure do get all the inside scoop
    Correction, Limo driver. LOL

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...earned-633455/
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-06-11 02:07 PM
    LMAO. Sorry bud.
    08-06-11 02:09 PM

Last year when the Torch was released here in Canada, we had all sorts of inside information from kiosk employees at basically all the carriers, people who worked at Futureshop or Best Buy, guys who said they worked for a delivery company and had personally delivered stock to the stores, guys who knew someone who works for RIM, etc. All sorts of dates were mentioned and essentially they were all wrong. In the end, in one of the most disorganised release in history, the Torch was released like two weeks after we were all expecting it.

CrackBerry will tell us when it releases on Verizon (or any other carrier) before most store managers know about it.
    08-06-11 02:46 PM
    brilliant! i am pretty sure that its not coming out today, as well. i think we would have known this morning when the stores opened if it was coming out today.

but glad you figured out they were not going to do a surprise, mid day release, on the last day of the week. i can go to sleep now.

08-06-11 02:51 PM
    Gonna be right... Just watch

08-06-11 04:41 PM
    Well, this thread says that this Verizon store got a memo about BBOS7

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-news-635675/

Edit: Just saw this thread about Verizon employees getting training too

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rained-635922/
    Last edited by asdfjkandreax; 08-06-11 at 05:19 PM.
    08-06-11 05:00 PM
    you posted that it wasn't coming out this week, on the afternoon of the last day of week. congrats. i am pretty sure you nailed this one.

08-06-11 10:06 PM
    you posted that it wasn't coming out this week, on the afternoon of the last day of week. congrats. i am pretty sure you nailed this one.
    He is a regular nostradamus. you do seem to come across a lot of release information for a non blackberry fan.

08-06-11 10:47 PM
    I'd say we're about 2-3 weeks away from a release.
    08-07-11 10:04 AM

If you are, it won't be because of the kiosk manager information. Quite frankly, they know very little. Verizon keeps their store employees in the dark - big time.
    08-07-11 10:37 AM
    I just had a phone call from a friend of mine that works for Verizon and she was at work. She was asking me if I knew anything about the new Blackberry or a video that was out. I just about fell out of my chair. That is just one example of how little Verizon reps and managers know.

And there in lays the problem Verizon reps and managers do not look at their own work website. They love to lie to a customer every chance they get. If you go to the Verizon site go under the tab at the top that says "explore" then go to "smartphones" then go down to "the right platform for you." The video of the new Blackberry has been on the site for almost two (2) weeks and those employed by Verizon have no knowledge of it. They did the same thing with the Droid3 which in my opinion is a piece of junk. And they have released phones without a memo.

Remember there are a couple sayings in the business world about the "trickle down theory." The other is that the company is only as good as the CEO/COO and there is where the problem lies.

08-07-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD