Is this device coming to ATT and when? I have an upgrade for july 28th and desperatley need a working phone. If the 9900 or "dakota" isn't available then should i pick up an iphone 4? PLEASE HELP
    06-24-11 02:21 PM
    Get whatever phone best suits YOUR needs.

The 9900 is coming tomorrow though**

** The date of this post has no meaning until the day before the 9900 gets released.
    ritesh and O_C_Michael like this.
    06-24-11 03:05 PM
    The 9900 will be released for AT&T on August 4th. Don't worry.
    06-24-11 03:06 PM
    The 9900 will be released for AT&T on August 4th. Don't worry.
    That confident huh?
    06-24-11 03:14 PM
    OP - search for phonegeek's or CrucialXtreme's posts.
    They invariably have good information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-24-11 03:42 PM
    The 9900 is currently in testing internally at AT&T(among other carriers). However, on AT&T the Torch 2 is more than likely going to launch before the 9900. July 28 is relatively close to when it's going to be ready. Give or take(give) a couple weeks here or there. This is also dependent on testing going well with little to no setbacks.

Thanks Q )
    O_C_Michael, bbdub and ritesh like this.
    06-24-11 04:30 PM
    And that can only mean we can expect either of the 9810 or 9900 earlier on Rogers..
    06-24-11 04:39 PM
    Nice!! Thanks CX.
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-24-11 04:40 PM
    Unrelated to the release date, there's quite a difference in the way the 9900 will work versus the iPhone4. It's such a different user experience having a virtual keyboard and slab versus a physical keyboard, how did you come to use the two in your either/or scenario?

Just curious.
    ritesh likes this.
    06-24-11 04:57 PM
    The 9900 is currently in testing internally at AT&T(among other carriers). However, on AT&T the Torch 2 is more than likely going to launch before the 9900. July 28 is relatively close to when it's going to be ready. Give or take(give) a couple weeks here or there. This is also dependent on testing going well with little to no setbacks.

Thanks Q )
    R u saying the torch 2 will be close on july 28th or the 9900??

06-24-11 05:15 PM
    Does anyone know, or is there an speculation when it will be coming to VZW?

And not to hijack the OPS thread, but I didn't think it'd be necessary to start a whole new thread, same topic, different carrier.
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-24-11 05:24 PM
    I wonder why both Torch 2 and 9900 could not be released at the same time? Don't they both have the same OS and radio/chip internals? Except for the form factor, what else is different?

Having both models in the store at the same time would give BB customers a chance to see which one they like better. I also think this would help RIM more by showing they do have at least two high-end models available to choose from.

My $.02.

-Rich (Current Torch owner thinking of switching to the 9900)

Thanks Q )
    06-24-11 05:37 PM
    R u saying the torch 2 will be close on july 28th or the 9900??

I'm saying that on AT&T, the 9810 is more than likely going to release first.
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-24-11 06:31 PM

Thanks Q )
    i could care less which one arrives first. i want both to be present when i get to choose from the pair.the 9700 was the last bold out of at&t's camp. they shouldn't delay the 9900 either.with the iphone 5 rumors flying around about a late august release,blackberry may lose its flavor if the devices are not out soon.it will be just luck of a draw when i make my decision.but im all happy for my upgrade time.the best thing about it is i won't be paying non-commitment pricing like many folks will.patience does pay off in the long run.
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-24-11 09:19 PM
    I wonder why both Torch 2 and 9900 could not be released at the same time? Don't they both have the same OS and radio/chip internals? Except for the form factor, what else is different?

Having both models in the store at the same time would give BB customers a chance to see which one they like better. I also think this would help RIM more by showing they do have at least two high-end models available to choose from.

My $.02.

-Rich (Current Torch owner thinking of switching to the 9900)
    The Torch2 will release first because it will be ready first. The 9900 is not ready and will not be released till late August or later.

The Torch2 is just an upgraded Torch with a faster processor and new OS. It was still one of the biggest dogs that AT&T let out. Few reps will brag about the Torch as it has been a repair nightmare for AT&T, but it is all AT&T has had to sell if you want a BB.
    06-25-11 07:12 AM
    The Torch2 will release first because it will be ready first. The 9900 is not ready and will not be released till late August or later.

The Torch2 is just an upgraded Torch with a faster processor and new OS. It was still one of the biggest dogs that AT&T let out. Few reps will brag about the Torch as it has been a repair nightmare for AT&T, but it is all AT&T has had to sell if you want a BB.
    This is the Torch that should have been released at the get go!
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-25-11 07:25 AM

I agree with your statement but I want to make one of my own (that knocks RIM and AT&T).......AT&T and RIM both want to have a phone released that has been a nightmare of an experience (in name, the Torch), before the phone that EVERYONE wants (Bold 9900), so those who have been faithful CANNOT get the phone they WANT (Bold 9900)....AND the people who work there won't push the new phone (the Torch refresh), that looks NO DIFFERENT than the existing one AND has an inferior keyboard.

Got it. Makes perfect sense to me (if I were a RIM executive).
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-25-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD