As most of you I also enjoyed the speakers on my old 9000 as they were the best speakers on any blackberry to date hands down. However, seeing that none of us have had a chance to listen to the speaker on the new bold touch in person...it is hard to judge on how good/bad one speaker really may be just from a video. With that said, one question that I have is if there is a video or picture that specifically states the location of the speaker on the phone. I know kevin stated theres one speaker but he didint really state where it is located on the actual device. Like many of you I would much rather have it positioned at the top or bottom just as long as it is not on the bottom of the device.

Ps. Just a thought from looking at the video and some pictures, does anyone think that the speaker is on the back bottom of the phone right where you open the battery? There seems to be some sort of vent or something there and kind of looked as if it may be the speaker, really hoping its not on the back. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    05-04-11 03:25 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's at the top at the phone, just like most others?
    05-04-11 03:55 AM
    I hope it's not on the back...
    05-04-11 04:29 AM
    the single speaker is above the battery compartment on the back of the phone near the Bold logo - i can't remember if it was on the left or right of it
    05-04-11 07:08 AM
    So its been a while since I have logged onto crackberry but judging from the few replies I have gotten not many people know exactly where the location of the speaker is on the new bold touch. However, since I last posted there have been several videos and people who have gotten a chance to play around with the phone so does anyone know the location now lol?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 02:32 AM
    The external speaker sounds comes from the carbon fiber door and the slot at the bottom of the door used for it's removal. The speaker is every bit as good as our old 9000, if not better. Seems the entire carbon fiber door acts like a sound board and resonates with the sounds emitted from this slot. The sound is clear with great lower freq. It is much like the 9000 speaker sound, I think better!
    07-07-11 06:38 AM
    the speakers on the 9900 are on the bottom of the phone ( the back just under the back cover), its clear n loud playing music and the quality is better than the rest of the blackberrys out there. iv'e tried it on youtube and mp3 and they both great sounds.
    07-09-11 01:09 PM
    The speaker is on the back of the phone where you need to get to the battery. This explains why when i hold the phone with my shoulders, people complain they can't hear me!! Although i agree the speaker is great when listening to music, the design/location is bad if you're trying to multitask and not using a bluetooth. Now, my question is if i put a protective cover on it, like i did my last phone, will this interfere with clarity of my voice on phone calls? Has anyone tried this?
    09-06-11 07:30 PM
    The speaker is on the back of the phone where you need to get to the battery. This explains why when i hold the phone with my shoulders, people complain they can't hear me!!
    Eh, that doesn't really make sense... People hear you based on the microphone location, not the speaker location...
    09-06-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD