Sometimes when I use my phone it will seem like a double tap on the space bar (when I press it once) and put a period in sentences, it is getting very irritating. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue?
    11-27-11 07:26 PM
    My first guess is hardware. I've never had it put a period in on me unless I press space twice.

I had a computer mouse that sometimes double clicked when I only pressed it once and it might be something like that. I replaced the mouse and it stopped - Hardware issue.
    11-27-11 07:29 PM
    most likely the beginning of a hardware issue. there are 50000 threads regarding double or multiple key inputs on the 9780 and the 9700. it was due to failure of or worn out PCB keyboard membrane, which can be replaced by yourself for cheap. check out the link in my sig more more info. if none of your other keys are doing it, i wouldnt worry about it yet though.

the problem could also be caused by you pressing too hard or too long on the key. this will make the phone think you are trying to double tap a period. be more careful when using the key and im sure the situation will fix itself.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 11-27-11 at 07:32 PM.
    11-27-11 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD