Is anyone else notice space between the top bezel and the glass on the top right of there phone? Its not as flush as the left top corner for me. If I look at it at the right angle I can actually see under it almost. Already on my 2nd device, would futureshop exchange another one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 01:16 PM
    Both are flush for me.
    08-21-11 01:18 PM
    There is no limit to how many exchanges you can do as long as your device is under warranty and there is an issue with the phone that wasn't caused by the users' clumsiness.
    08-21-11 01:19 PM
    Hmm. Maybe I should take it back then. I can see lots of dust getting in there overtime. Thanks for the help guys.

08-21-11 01:23 PM
    Mine looks perfect too.
    08-21-11 01:24 PM
    Mine is ok as well. The only thing that is bugging me now is the trackpad that is not centrally aligned and looks slightly tilted to the right
    08-21-11 01:30 PM
    Mine is flush. Take it back if you are not happy. You are the one who has to use it everyday good luck!

08-21-11 01:38 PM
    Mine is ok as well. The only thing that is bugging me now is the trackpad that is not centrally aligned and looks slightly tilted to the right
    Hmm, mine is definitely perfectly centred. That would definitely bug me too, I would exchange for that reason, and hopefully your exchanged unit wouldn't have the loose camera button. When I exchange mine I am definitely going to check the camera button to make sure its solid. Camera button alone didn't bother me much but coupled with the top of my screen not being flush... That's pushin' it too far. Haha

08-21-11 01:40 PM
    How tilted to the right is it? If it feels tight and you can't rock it back and forth then it might be just optics because the panel surrounding it may not be completely flush on either side of the trackpad.

How not aligned in the trackpad panel hole is it off by? Mine is slightly off but it can't be that much off or it would be squished against one side of the panel. I also noticed in the previous one I had where it was dead center it actually was creaking. I'm speculating but maybe it is better to be ever so slightly off..
    08-21-11 01:57 PM
    Hi, I just got my new BB9900 today and noted that the screen dips inwards around the trackpad but is flush around the corners...is this by design or is this another manufacturing defect? Please help - will really depress me if its a manufacturing fault
    08-21-11 02:36 PM
    No issues here
    08-21-11 02:42 PM
    Hi, I just got my new BB9900 today and noted that the screen dips inwards around the trackpad but is flush around the corners...is this by design or is this another manufacturing defect? Please help - will really depress me if its a manufacturing fault
    My screen is pretty much flush with the track pad. Mine might dipdown a tiny little bit but its not noticeable at all. I have to look reeally close at the right angle to see it. Even then it is like less than a millimeter of dippage.

08-21-11 02:56 PM
    In my case as well the screen bends about a mm from the panel which holds the trackpad. So what I am trying to say is the 2 (the screen panel and the optical keys panel) are not perfectly aligned [I hope I am able to explain it] ...do you think its expected and not worth worrying about?
    08-21-11 03:17 PM
    Hmm. Are you able to upload a picture? I think I know what your saying though. My screen is basically completely flush. The bottom corners of the screen are completely flush and as you go into the middle of the screen it might dip down a tiny bit, maybe half a millimeter. Can hardly see it.

08-21-11 03:37 PM
    The panel should be flush with the screen. Because the panel isn't glued down to anything it seems like some units have the panel a little higher or little lower than the screen. Unless your finger is catching when scrolling up and down with the trackpad it probably is within spec.

I replaced one of mine because the panel was way too high off of the screen. Mine is perfect now but it took looking through a few boxes before I found it.
    08-21-11 03:58 PM
    My trackpad is very solid. Just like said it squeeshed to one edge,slight off to the right on the bottom half of the trackpad. - have go thru 2 generations of bold before this one, from stucked tracballm to faulty n uneven trackpad to squeky bezel and to the current mialligned trackpad plus loose button. I hope rim can really improve on its quality control. This is where apple hs been doing quite well. A good design demands a good quality build at its least.

08-21-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD