Still no word from AT&T as to when they are going to release this phone, and more and more of their (previously) local customers are porting out in order to get the Bold that they desire.

I'm seeing reports of this all over the forums so I think it would be cool to have everyone tell their stories in one place so please if you ported out tell us your story, where you went (T-Mo, Verizon, or Sprint), how happy they are (or aren't as the case may be), and weather you were willing to pay ETF penalties in order to do so.

Let's send a message to AT&T that more than just a handful of people are mad about this and are quite willing to take their business elsewhere.
    09-11-11 05:34 PM
    Ummm Kevin from CB already posted a Petition on this so another thread won't do of much help.
    Just be patient. It will be worth the wait because there won't be any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 06:18 PM
    I ported from AT&T to Verizon on Friday.. just sick of AT&T in pretty much every aspect of their company. Happy with my 9930 though so its all good.
    09-11-11 06:36 PM
    Ummm Kevin from CB already posted a Petition on this so another thread won't do of much help.

Kevin's petition is about customers frustrated enough to consider porting out (or who just want to vent) this thread is about people who ALREADY HAVE.

If you want to drink the AT&T Kool-Aid that's your business but please do so elsewhere. From the thread title it should be apparent that it does not apply to you.

I feel a great deal of empathy for these people because three years ago I was in their same shoes. I was on Verizon and wanted a Bold 9000 in the worst possible way. I didn't actually port out, but I did get a separate line on AT&T for that phone which I kept until VZW got their crap together and started to get good smartphones.
    09-11-11 07:21 PM
    I am just as much entitled To my own opinion of how ATT runs their business. Yes it sucks that their customers have had to jump ship But that's their decision their money. I am a customer of ATT too, but I'm not bashing OR willing to leave ATT just cause One of their top selling phone is not there. IT does Not apply to me because I can't upgrade and from all the bug threads I have read, I am Thrilled I don't have to upgrade. Once ATT has it the customers will come crawling back. Many from Android and Iphone have. Many like the form factor and so on and so forth.
    There are many threads Already about this topic of people jumping ship or porting out.

It's called Searching the threads.

09-11-11 07:46 PM
    I am just as much entitled To my own opinion of how ATT runs their business. Yes it sucks that their customers have had to jump ship But that's their decision their money. I am a customer of ATT too, but I'm not bashing OR willing to leave ATT just cause One of their top selling phone is not there. IT does Not apply to me because I can't upgrade and from all the bug threads I have read, I am Thrilled I don't have to upgrade. Once ATT has it the customers will come crawling back. Many from Android and Iphone have. Many like the form factor and so on and so forth.
    There are many threads Already about this topic of people jumping ship or porting out.

It's called Searching the threads.

No one said you were not entitled to your opinion, however from the title of the thread it is clear that the thread was meant for those with views that opposed yours.

Some may come back but most wont as not everyone can afford a $350 ETF. It's been mentioned in numerous threads yes but having one long thread will have more of an impact. Again it is not people threatening to leave but people who already HAVE. That is a distinct difference.

If you want to continue to discuss this in private message feel free but I must ask you to please stop taking my thread off topic.
    09-11-11 08:00 PM
    I ported [it is in the process now] from AT&T to Verizon today.

Last week, like an fool, I ported from AT&T to T-Mobile. Silly mistake, they cause me so many issues, I simply had to close the account on Saturday...

Anyway, roll on Big Red and my BlackBerry 9930
    09-11-11 08:18 PM
    My biggest problem with AT&T is their crappy service in AZ. I ported to BB 9930 on VZW but for better service not the phone itself.
    09-11-11 08:23 PM

The phone works superbly on Verizon and has been out a while. So I wonder what is so different about AT&T (GSM?) that would cause them to run into problems?

09-11-11 08:32 PM
    ported my # to T-mobile and just loving it. Not having any issues. 4G is lightning fast!
    09-11-11 09:12 PM
    there is a reason why some us are not wanting to defect.verizon or sprint don't offer the icing on the cake that at&t has.the simultaneous voice and data.you can be surfing and talking on the phone at the same time.what a luxury to have.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    09-11-11 09:17 PM
    there is a reason why some us are not wanting to defect.verizon or sprint don't offer the icing on the cake that at&t has.the simultaneous voice and data.you can be surfing and talking on the phone at the same time.what a luxury to have.
    And how often do you actually USE said luxury? In the two years I was on AT&T I don't recall using it more than ONCE and it was just to show that I could.
    09-11-11 09:27 PM
    But everywhere has WiFi. Even some cars and SUVs.

09-11-11 09:43 PM
    It's a free country. I can state my opinion. All I was saying is that we already have threads of people stating they have ported out and went and bought the phone at another place. That's all. You don't have to get mad for any reason.
    09-11-11 10:51 PM
    It's a free country. I can state my opinion. All I was saying is that we already have threads of people stating they have ported out and went and bought the phone at another place. That's all. You don't have to get mad for any reason.
    Not mad simply asking you to keep the thread on topic.
    09-11-11 10:53 PM
    In my opinion AT&T is the worst carrier option. Everyone has their own experience but I think AT&T is awful in every measurable way.
    09-11-11 11:01 PM
    I ported from AT&T to Verizon on Friday.. just sick of AT&T in pretty much every aspect of their company. Happy with my 9930 though so its all good.
    Same here buddy...
    09-11-11 11:47 PM
    But everywhere has WiFi. Even some cars and SUVs.

I hear this all the time, but this is untrue. I work in NYC and there is wifi every where, but it's not free/unlocked.

And how often do you actually USE said luxury? In the two years I was on AT&T I don't recall using it more than ONCE and it was just to show that I could.
    I love and use the simultaneous voice and data, daily and constantly.

One of the main times I use both is when using the GPS and can't pick up the call so I don't miss the next set of directions or turn.
    09-11-11 11:58 PM
    Still disappointed in you, porting for a device. SMH! Lol.
    09-11-11 11:59 PM
    And please continue using the following thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ust-me-647074/
    09-12-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD