Background: I have a North American data plan with my blackberry that allows me to roam throughout North America without paying extra charges. Haven't had any problems with sending/receiving data...until now.

The moment I cross the border & head into the United States, it switches to AT & T and then I go straight to SOS. I've double-checked and I have my data services turned on while roaming, so that's not the problem. I then reboot my phone and receive an email from Blackberry saying that my Blackberry is now registered. After about 5 minutes on 3G, it goes right back to SOS and remains there until I reboot once again. I go to the States quite a bit and has has happened every single time since getting the 9900.

Question: Is this a problem with my phone, AT&T, or Telus. I'm getting extremely frustrated as this has never happened to me before with any of my other blackberries. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    10-03-11 04:08 PM
    Call telus, they most likely have it shut and provisioned on there end. Just ask them for us data and roaming to be enabled. Why wouldent you just unlock your bb and use att? Would be heck of a lot cheeper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 04:13 PM
    Call telus, they most likely have it shut and provisioned on there end. Just ask them for us data and roaming to be enabled. Why wouldent you just unlock your bb and use att? Would be heck of a lot cheeper

Would it really? i mean is a roaming plan more expensive than 2 native plans( One for canada and one for the US?
    10-03-11 04:15 PM

My data plan is $40 for 1Gig to be used throughout North America. I'd rather pay that than have to deal with 2 different phone numbers and 2 different carriers. Lazy, I know, but also simple and easy...when it works
    10-03-11 04:49 PM
    i would definitely call Telus and make sure you are provisioned properly.
    10-03-11 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD