how can I recover a bb and bluetooth headset from water damage.. believe it managed to put it thru a 18 minute wash cycle

how can I recover both.. currently bb is airing in a rice container.. but how to recover the bluetooth hands free??? any help guys
    08-26-12 08:25 AM
    Do the same for both. You may get lucky. My bet is you'll have to fully disassemble the phone, and clean under the keypad membrane to get the keys working, if the phone becomes operable at all.

Otherwise, you'll have a very clean paperweight.
    08-26-12 08:29 AM
    Wow, that' sucks. I'll check with my electronics Guru and get back to you as soon as I hear something. In the meantime, don't turn either of them on.
    08-26-12 08:30 AM
    Wow, that' sucks. I'll check with my electronics Guru and get back to you as soon as I hear something. In the meantime, don't turn either of them on.

well the green light on handsfree keeps glowing no matter i switch it off or on... is there a way I can dismantle it and let it dry?
    08-26-12 08:32 AM
    Leave them in the rice until they are completely dried out. It might take a few days.
    08-26-12 08:33 AM
    Well I'm going to assume then that they were powered on when they came into contact with the "wash cycle". Electronics and water don't usually mix very well. That being said, I'd concentrate on the phone and not the bluetooth. If you get the phone apart and dried, and get it working then you can worry about the headset.
    08-26-12 08:35 AM
    well the green light on handsfree keeps glowing no matter i switch it off or on... is there a way I can dismantle it and let it dry?
    You still have the battery in it?!?
    08-26-12 08:39 AM
    Well I'm going to assume then that they were powered on when they came into contact with the "wash cycle". Electronics and water don't usually mix very well. That being said, I'd concentrate on the phone and not the bluetooth. If you get the phone apart and dried, and get it working then you can worry about the headset.
    ya.. that pretty much sucks.. well its couple of days of detention for both in rice container... fingers crossed...
    08-26-12 08:40 AM
    I'm also assuming that it's the Bold 9900 that this happened to. So here's a YouTube link to a video for the dismantling.

kavita.m likes this.
    08-26-12 08:46 AM
    If you disassemble the device do not use a hair dryer or anything else to try and dry it faster. Let it dry on it's own.
    08-26-12 11:02 AM
    08-26-12 11:05 AM
    If you disassemble the device do not use a hair dryer or anything else to try and dry it faster. Let it dry on it's own.
    Great advice.
    08-26-12 11:05 AM
    So the battery is still in the device?!?

If the BB was turned on during the wash cycle, it is toast! Give it and your BT device a nice burial in the back yard!
    08-26-12 12:29 PM
    Real hit and miss.... when devices and water mix not usually good results... as long as you pulled the battery and put it in rice for a week or so you might stand a chance... Yank you Sim as it has a decent chance to survive a wash... I know mine did.... As for fixing it... you have to look at the time and aggrevation it would take fix it... versus just replacing it... sometimes better just to cut you losses....
    08-26-12 12:33 PM
    I'm hoping for a positive ending to this story.

Best of luck to the OP.
    08-26-12 01:02 PM
    Good luck but looks like you might be SOL.
    08-26-12 11:08 PM
    It is Toast
    08-27-12 03:20 AM
    If you are in Mumbai, I can let you know of a repair guy , who can open the phone and MAY try to save it/revive it.

My wife's 9780 took a wash in the sink last year and is working at 99% .
    08-27-12 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD