I am not buying that this is a legitimate leak. I do believe that RIM is working on a device that will incorporate touch screen functionality and I loved the size of hte 9000 keypad but the 9700 form has become so popular that I find it hard to believe that this is a true leak.
    01-13-11 06:54 PM
    I think CrackBerry just needed some BlackBerry "news"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 06:58 PM
    I want to believe it,

and I really can See RIM doing it Bring back a true flashship phone from a time when it was a flashship phone and fit the name, it WAS a BOLD phone when it was released, Now they wont be making the same statement here, but this could very much be a Statement that they are back and have changed their hardware internals.
    01-13-11 07:18 PM
    Well I believe it so hopefully I won't be saddened. Looks legit, and I like the source so we shall see...

01-13-11 07:26 PM
    Time tells all...good or bad, true or false...hype or not, lol!

01-13-11 08:39 PM
    I want to believe this is a true leak and that the device will be released...the 9000 form factor was the best RIM has released...and the specs seem pretty good too..I'm ready
    01-13-11 09:01 PM
    If this is true, it would show that RIM actually does listen to us, the consumer. Lots of other companies don't (I think there's one named Apple that told a customer to "just don't hold it like that" when it came to their iPhone's antenna issue?). We've all wanted this phone for a long time, essentially the 9000 with all the updated specs of our 9780s and 9800s, including a touchscreen. I've had the 9700 and now I use the 9780, and while I love them (literally haha), I glance at my 9000 (with it's broken screen ) at least once a week, and wish that one day RIM brought us a new version of the "Cadillac of BlackBerry." Now, my only wish is that this rumor is true!
    01-13-11 11:51 PM
    Whether if its true or not, but if it is, T-Mobile better get it. I've been hearing for the past year or two that the Big Magenta is going to get a touchscreen Blackberry, granted I can care less about touchscreens. To T-Mobile: if RIM does officially announce this, DO NOT SCREW THIS UP!!! Not everyone cares about battery-hogging, constant lockups on Android....

grover5 likes this.
    01-13-11 11:57 PM
    I am not buying that this is a legitimate leak. I do believe that RIM is working on a device that will incorporate touch screen functionality and I loved the size of hte 9000 keypad but the 9700 form has become so popular that I find it hard to believe that this is a true leak.
    Although I slightly agree with you, what with all the other devices that had Dakota name, but I'd like to think its true for now at least.

01-14-11 12:27 AM
    Yep, Just bring that flagship communication device back in full glory. I have the Torch, and I still put the sim back in my 9000 and roll with it. When something feels right it is just too hard to let go. I am seriously thinking about buying another unlocked one just so if my original does go south I will still have one of the best. Yea it's just a phone to some but it handles all my communication needs. You know what else it was / is dependable, no doughts here. Call me crazy but I've been called worse, lol.
    01-14-11 01:54 AM
    I believe! I need to believe in a 9000 size phone with more than enough features. *must not defect to android*

01-14-11 02:03 AM
    While the 9700 size is popular, it does actually make sense for them to return to the slightly larger 9000 size for their first touch bold since it gives you more room to actually touch stuff on the screen. However, I am sure that nobody would bet against us also seeing a touch bold in the 9700 size at some point unless they decide to limit that to curves again like it was at first.
    01-14-11 05:47 AM
    I think CrackBerry just needed some BlackBerry "news"

or CrackBerry news
    01-14-11 06:59 AM
    While the 9700 size is popular, it does actually make sense for them to return to the slightly larger 9000 size for their first touch bold since it gives you more room to actually touch stuff on the screen. However, I am sure that nobody would bet against us also seeing a touch bold in the 9700 size at some point unless they decide to limit that to curves again like it was at first.
    Agreed as long as they don't botch it up. Even the 9000 had huge amounts of wasted space where the screen could have been bigger. I see no reason why they can't put the proposed 2.8 inch screen into the 9700 chasis. There's at least half inch of space above screen and below the keyboard that can be maximized.

01-14-11 08:01 AM
    I love 9000 keypad and screen size
    I wouldn't change to 9700 if it's not because 9000's battery life's sucks.

Seeing this leak picture of Dakota is like a dream (almost) comes true for me.

01-16-11 03:33 AM
    Agreed as long as they don't botch it up. Even the 9000 had huge amounts of wasted space where the screen could have been bigger. I see no reason why they can't put the proposed 2.8 inch screen into the 9700 chasis. There's at least half inch of space above screen and below the keyboard that can be maximized.

?? have you taken apart the 9700 yet? they have very little space inside that unit, I am surprised that it doesn't over heat!
    01-16-11 08:45 AM
    ?? have you taken apart the 9700 yet? they have very little space inside that unit, I am surprised that it doesn't over heat!
    Yeah they truly used about every bit of the interior, which gave us what most wanted at the time. A smaller, sleeker Bold.

Now they are listening to us and bringing us the Cadillac back. If this is a true leak then props to RIM for listening to its consumers (for the most part)

I'm mostly impressed with how they are improving the Curve series for its users. They are getting a sleek, speedier device that looks like its going to be a true beauty in the BB lineup.

01-17-11 08:09 PM
    I will just be glad when BB is more than a "latest concept" or "latest leak" company. It seems like all we get are leaks and concepts. Where's the real gear that will at least try and go head to head with the other companies? Where are the phones that do all of the things the BB is known for plus the multimedia/app running monsters? I am tired of the leaks and concepts. Let's go BB, get your leaks on the shelves.

01-17-11 08:30 PM
    I can see RIM using this form factor that is going to sell Blackberries. A lot of us have posted numerous times about wanting RIM to bring it back.....with upgraded specs. Regardless, I always take the information and photos for any upcoming Blackberry with a "grain of salt".....until it's been released.
    01-17-11 09:10 PM
    I will just be glad when BB is more than a "latest concept" or "latest leak" company. It seems like all we get are leaks and concepts. Where's the real gear that will at least try and go head to head with the other companies? Where are the phones that do all of the things the BB is known for plus the multimedia/app running monsters? I am tired of the leaks and concepts. Let's go BB, get your leaks on the shelves.

Well there will be leaks with any company most of the time, but I see your point. Now if, and this is a big if, os 6.1 devices are able to upgrade to QNX once it is "refined" for phones then we will be talking.

That said, I will most likely have a Play Book, so the 6.1 will be ok for me to use as long as my tablet is handy.

01-17-11 10:15 PM
    Yeah they truly used about every bit of the interior, which gave us what most wanted at the time. A smaller, sleeker Bold.

Now they are listening to us and bringing us the Cadillac back. If this is a true leak then props to RIM for listening to its consumers (for the most part)

I'm mostly impressed with how they are improving the Curve series for its users. They are getting a sleek, speedier device that looks like its going to be a true beauty in the BB lineup.

We've beta tested, suggested, spent nights in the forums, attended events; maybe RIM emloyees should join CrackBerry and listen to end users. CrackBerry should have a "what would you change in your device(s)/what you want in a new BB"
    01-19-11 04:40 PM

Botch it up? That was technology at that time. Remember, the Bold was the first blackberry to include wifi and gps as well as having the most robust screen at the time and highest resolution. It was honestly ahead of its time.

Now, they could easily reproduce that, no, people dont all want the 9700 body. Keep that for the Curve or Torch. Give us back a true phone, the 9000 factor. That is what we have spoken and RIM has actually listening to us and gave us what we wanted.

9000 form
    big keyboard
    a lil use of touch
    trackpad
    'mifi'
    and all that other jazz, not to mention the best specs on a BB to date.

I wouldn't considering it botching a phone at all.
    Btw, phones can overhead, my friends droid cracked its own screen because it ran so hot.
    01-20-11 11:50 AM
    Who says they will stop making phones in the 9700 form? The new curve sedona basically follows that form.

The 9000 is the best phone it ever designed, it was a mistake imo to go smaller in both screen and keyboard for the 9700. I'm not sure if the 9700 has "become so popular" as much as its "become the only choice for those that don't want a slider ".

So you think they'll make a touchscreen bold with a 9700 size screen? Sorry... I'm not believing this.
    01-21-11 02:06 PM
    We've beta tested, suggested, spent nights in the forums, attended events; maybe RIM emloyees should join CrackBerry and listen to end users. CrackBerry should have a "what would you change in your device(s)/what you want in a new BB"
    There are at least two on the site.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f47/off...ml#post5965895
    enb123 likes this.
    01-21-11 03:13 PM
    back to the op, it does seem too coincidental. id like to think that maybe it finally hit rim and they realized that android is pulling a lot of the consumer market with flashy devices and rim just can sit around ingoring the competition. i hope this is a wake up call that rim needs.
    01-22-11 02:17 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD