I am a torch 9800 user.. And I was back and forth about getting a bold 9900 and wanted a white one but hey I can get a brand new 9900 in black for a good deal so picking up one this week.. Gonna kinda suck going from a big touch screen to a small one but hey.. I played around with OS7 phone and their touch screen is way more improved then the torch 9800 is time for me to upgrade.. When the bold first came out everyone use to love it but when I look in the forum now seems like everyone is bashing the bold 9900 but no phone is perfect just learn to love what you have.. And one thing I wanna know is the no auto-focus on the camera.. Is it really that bad?
    12-13-11 02:31 PM
    An amazing phone. My 4th BB and my 3rd Bold. The camera is amazing, I have posted examples in various threads here. I am loving it every day.

OK, here you go with examples of pictures taken with what some people call a bad camera. A mystery to me.

Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 12-13-11 at 02:48 PM.
    12-13-11 02:42 PM
    It's not that bad with the camera. I only notice an issue when trying to take close up pictures of part numbers and whatnot...they come a little fuzzy. But the camera mostly impresses....there was a thread a while back where people were posting amazing pictures taken with the 9900. I came to the 9900 from a Torch. I did not like my Torch. Coming to the 9900 from that is like going from a cheap Toyota to an Audi. Great phone, and I really don't miss the big screen all that much. Sure, it was nice...but not nearly nice enough to make me wish I hadn't traded up. No Way.
    12-13-11 02:48 PM
    just like you i was a 9800 user and recently switched to 9900. with that being said, i wont be looking back unless my 9900 bricks.
    12-13-11 02:50 PM
    It's not that bad with the camera. I only notice an issue when trying to take close up pictures of part numbers and whatnot...they come a little fuzzy. But the camera mostly impresses....there was a thread a while back where people were posting amazing pictures taken with the 9900. I came to the 9900 from a Torch. I did not like my Torch. Coming to the 9900 from that is like going from a cheap Toyota to an Audi. Great phone, and I really don't miss the big screen all that much. Sure, it was nice...but not nearly nice enough to make me wish I hadn't traded up. No Way.
    change it from autoto close up shots it makes a huge difference
    12-13-11 02:58 PM
    yes well urge and cant wait to get mine... to bad its not white but getting it for a cheap price so why not
    12-13-11 05:14 PM
    Sold a 9810 to get this and haven't regretted it for one second. The screen is big enough for me especially to have the Bold form factor and best keyboard ever!
    12-13-11 08:11 PM
    My keys near the top make a weird sound, as if the little piece that covers the call, menu, back and end call buttons is loose. Any clue how to fix that?
    12-13-11 08:49 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    An amazing phone. My 4th BB and my 3rd Bold. The camera is amazing, I have posted examples in various threads here. I am loving it every day.

OK, here you go with examples of pictures taken with what some people call a bad camera. A mystery to me.

Click to view quoted image

nice! .. i love theBold 9900 ... camera is ok .. not as good as bold 9700 which i owned for 20 month!

otherwise, Bold 9900 is great!
    12-13-11 09:15 PM
    just like you i was a 9800 user and recently switched to 9900. with that being said, i wont be looking back unless my 9900 bricks.
    Lol I hope you are not wishing that your 9900 bricks...
    I don't see much of a difference with the camera....except close up picks. I use to call my 9700 (the Beast), my 9780 (the Beaster) this 9900 is actually (The Beastest)
    Loving every moment I spend with it.
    12-13-11 09:23 PM
    I too sold my white torch and am now waiting for my 9900 to arrive (hopefully by friday). Got it for a decent price off-contract and my upcoming upgrade (april) can be saved for BB10. I see myself holding on to this phone for a very long time if BB10 somehow turns out to be a disappointment.
    12-14-11 11:37 PM
    Lol I hope you are not wishing that your 9900 bricks...
    LOL...well i'm not wishing but just preparing for the worse. although i've deployed 3 9900's and none have complained. if something went wrong those users will go straight to me. i'm used to bricking and testing leaked OS on BB devices..lol

the bold 9900 is by far the best BB device ive held in awhile. the combination of using the touchscreen, TP and keyboard just seems all natural to me.
    12-14-11 11:44 PM
    glad to know all of you love this device for various reasons....unlike some users who were so anti that i decided to go for a 9790 post my 9780, purely for form factor. i saw tooo many anti 9900 bricking, battery not lasting and hanging episodes that i choose the 9790. i still love what i have and think it is a great device but am sad for the fact that it has no themes unlike you guys who have that option from multiple developers, anyways enjoy and love what you have !
    12-14-11 11:56 PM
    me owned a torch9800 and now on 9900 full time..
    d most significant annoyance d first time i changed to 9900 is how small d viewing size of d fonts in browser.. then i changed d browser font's setting to 25px, and im a happy chap!

also changed d system font size from 8 to 9 and lives happily ever after....
    12-15-11 01:54 AM
    great to hear about how every one of have adjusted and now we all are happy.
    my upgraded from 9780 >> 9900
    12-15-11 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD