Same problem on my device too.
    I am on 353 ...
    Randomly ... few times per week ...
    10-03-11 03:08 PM
    I am on .254 and have never experienced this problem. What version is everyone having the problem on? I wonder if it is just an OS issue. (can't blame rim if it is since they didn't release 353)
    10-03-11 03:20 PM
    I got it on 291 or 296 and 353, random

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 04:34 PM
    Don't laugh but I have .241 and have had the phone in the standard issue holder and the could hear a telemarketer yelling HELLO from my pocket! I have Privacy Manager call blocker too! I was wondering if those telemarketing slime found a way to do input simulation to autoanswer, but if W4rl0ck called personally, then this has to be a bug. I have had this happen about 4 times in the past 4 weeks.
    10-03-11 06:00 PM
    Don't laugh but I have .241 and have had the phone in the standard issue holder and the could hear a telemarketer yelling HELLO from my pocket! I have Privacy Manager call blocker too! I was wondering if those telemarketing slime found a way to do input simulation to autoanswer, but if W4rl0ck called personally, then this has to be a bug. I have had this happen about 4 times in the past 4 weeks.
    I didn't call, I answered a call and it came up on speaker!

10-04-11 01:38 AM
    this issue persist also on 439
    10-17-11 05:44 AM
    I wonder if it's because the speaker button is just above the call button and you could be touching it a fraction of a second after pressing the call button? What do you think? It happened to me yesterday. A bit like accidental clicks when using the trackpad.

10-17-11 07:22 AM
    I've had the same problem, it's totally random and all i did was press the answer button. It's happened in my office, in a noisy restaurant, in my holster and while sitting on a table. It's definitely a bug, I'm running .503. I'm hoping .540 will correct.
    11-18-11 08:28 PM
    I wonder if it's because the speaker button is just above the call button and you could be touching it a fraction of a second after pressing the call button? What do you think? It happened to me yesterday. A bit like accidental clicks when using the trackpad.

For sure it is because of this ...
    11-19-11 12:06 AM
    Happens to me several times a week, on 353 but I'm 99% sure it's not due to an errant touch of the "speaker" button
    11-19-11 09:00 AM
    Yes, happens to me and I thought I must be doing something wrong. I am very careful to hit the correct button, and sometimes when I answer the phone is in speaker mode. I have also noticed when I am in the middle of a call and I WANT speaker mode, it has to be pressed hard several times before it engages. Very annoying, but neither happens often enough to warrant me returning the phone. And yes I do battery pulls every few days.
    11-19-11 10:13 AM
    I know there hasn't been any activity in this thread for awhile. Thought I would post the same issue I'm having here. With my first 9900 when I answered a call it went straight to speaker phone. It scared the living daylights out of me because the caller talks really loud. I had to press the speaker mode a couple of times to get it off of speaker mode. This happened 6 times at random times. Now that I updated to .585 I thought the issue was fixed. It happened 2 days ago when I was at a Telus store (yes I'm shopping around for a new carrier) and it scared everyone at the store. I was so embarrassed. I am very careful not to hit the speaker mode. Once again, I had to hit the speaker mode a couple of times to turn it off. I never had this issue when I had the Torch 9800 or the 9810. I know the speaker mode is not near the answer key on the Torch, but the issue I'm having is definitely not user error. I have done several testings of my own as well.
    Anyone else still have this same issue?
    01-12-12 12:45 AM
    I know there hasn't been any activity in this thread for awhile. Thought I would post the same issue I'm having here. With my first 9900 when I answered a call it went straight to speaker phone. It scared the living daylights out of me because the caller talks really loud. I had to press the speaker mode a couple of times to get it off of speaker mode. This happened 6 times at random times. Now that I updated to .585 I thought the issue was fixed. It happened 2 days ago when I was at a Telus store (yes I'm shopping around for a new carrier) and it scared everyone at the store. I was so embarrassed. I am very careful not to hit the speaker mode. Once again, I had to hit the speaker mode a couple of times to turn it off. I never had this issue when I had the Torch 9800 or the 9810. I know the speaker mode is not near the answer key on the Torch, but the issue I'm having is definitely not user error. I have done several testings of my own as well.
    Anyone else still have this same issue?
    01-12-12 12:46 AM
    This is a problem many women are experiencing where i live, in Doha. Because they wear abayas (traditional head scarves and long dresses) the fabric touches the screen and activates the speakerphone. Also in some instances I had problems when I pressed the phone too much on my face and the speaker turned on. But trust me, as an ex iPhone 4S user I had similar problems with that device too. Its a general touch-screen issue.
    01-12-12 01:11 AM
    I have to disagree with the "it's a general touchscreen issue". I have the iPhone4 (up for sale), HTC Amaze and I have owned the Torch 9800 and 9810 and neither phones ever gave me this issue.
    01-12-12 07:28 PM
    Don't feel bad, not alone. Happens all the time on my Android mytouch4G.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 07:40 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD