Will the 9900 support Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB)?
    Otherwise known as HD voice.

I honestly believe that RIM must include this in this years line-up of devices as a lot of the competition is indicating that this will be the new standard (ie Google Nexus S, Nokia C7).

Last edited by XP7051V3; 05-12-11 at 12:49 AM.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    05-12-11 12:19 AM
    Seems fairly unlikely, they would have probably mentioned it at the launch announcement.

Not sure why you think it is going to be such a big deal though, almost nobody has bothered to support it yet nor make a big deal if they do support it.
    05-12-11 03:46 AM
    I don't think this is something that will become a standard, as far as I know only Orange supports it in UK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 03:50 AM
    is that just improved voice clarity? as ive never thought any of my phones need better more crisp sound.

05-12-11 07:52 AM
    This don't effect me much because I text a lot and use voice very little.
    05-12-11 08:39 AM
    Never heard this get mentioned at all... I can reach out to RIM and try to get a response on it. But don't think so......
    05-12-11 08:40 AM
    Wow now we need HD voice LOL, not.................dunno about recording but really.
    05-12-11 08:44 AM
    lol I never thought voice would become HD, but with this youtube video, it sounds awesome!
    05-12-11 11:45 AM
    Oh and welcome to the forums!
    05-12-11 11:46 AM
    I don't think this is something that will become a standard, as far as I know only Orange supports it in UK.

Wind Mobile here in Canada just started supporting this codec and judging from my Nexus S friends it sounds MUCH better.

Never heard this get mentioned at all... I can reach out to RIM and try to get a response on it. But don't think so......
    Hey CBK hows it goin'?!

Oh and welcome to the forums!
    Thank you jinxednuance for the welcome, great to be here. I have never actually owned a Blackberry in my life, though I have fiddled around with them. I used to be a Apple fanboy untill my 3G's GPS chip was killed by the 3.0 update in 2009 which lead to its physical destruction in 2010. Due to my limited income (Uni student), I was unable to afford another smartphone until my contract ends, which is August of this year. The 9900 or 9860(9870 now?) will be my next device!

One thing that really blows my mind is the magnitude of the iPhone 3G's GPS chipset failure. Here's a thread that contained my problem on the Apple forums, which Apple ignored completely. I am sure you guys will be amazed at the view count and post count in that thread. Just goes to show you how Apple treats its customers and why I will become a loyal crackberry user from now on out.
    Last edited by XP7051V3; 05-12-11 at 01:07 PM.
    05-12-11 12:52 PM
    Indeed, I also have a Nexus S on Wind in Canada and my brother has it as well, it's pretty crystal clear when we talk to each other. Would be nice if this had it too but it's so limited right now that's it not a big deal, considering it only works if the other person has an HD voice enabled phone.
    05-12-11 01:34 PM
    the issue is with the carriers not wanting to burden their networks with even more voice data. but if the difference is similar to what skype sounds like vs a regular phone, this is definitely needed.
    05-12-11 03:25 PM
    I've never heard of that technology, but I'll say my previous BB's were some of the best phones I've ever owned in terms of voice quality, Android devices included. My old 8330 on Verizon was without a doubt the best phone I've ever used for voice. Not sure I could even tell the difference. Of course, that's what we said about 1080p about 10 years ago.... Definitely not a deal breaker for me.
    05-12-11 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD