Guys,,please help.. :'(

I am a bold 9900 user.. i have joined the normal data plan (but not blackberry bis/bes plan).. it works fine in the beginning, i m able to browsing the internet and use whatsapp and gmail app to send and receive messages via 3G network or wifi. However, since i changed my carrier to 1010HK from 3HK ... it starts to have some connection problems ..

Frist, gmail app always pop-up a message says "this program requires a working data connection" but i m sure that my 3G connection is working becos i can stilll browse the website and if i reboot my 9900,, it will work for a while again.

Second, whatsapp always unable to send / recieve message.
    Even i connected to wifi...my text still won't send out. Just like gmail app, if i reboot the device, it will work again for few hours.

Third, i found that I cannot use wifi if i turn the mobile network / mobile data services off .. which mean i can only connect the network with both 3G and wifi on.

I tried to ask my carrier provider.. they gave me a new sim card to replace it .. but the problems r still here! They think maybe is my device problem .. I tried to reload the OS but it wouldnt help.

so, please help me this is my first blackberry n i really really love it. By the way, sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by kathaniel; 02-24-12 at 04:07 AM.
    02-23-12 11:10 PM
    Did you ever find a fix for your connectivity problems? I have all the same issues you mention. So far, the 9900 has proved to be the biggest over-priced pile of trash I've ever had the misfortune of owning.
    07-09-12 07:40 AM
    Sorry BlackBerrys work best with a blackberry data plan, BIS for consumers. What county are you in and what does your carrier say about using a blackberry without BIS?
    07-09-12 07:49 AM
    dude,if you changed sim cards-the service books are changed or gone!Did you make service books backup?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 08:16 AM
    As mentioned, BlackBerrys work best with a BlackBerry plan like BIS. As for the switching the data services off under Mobile Network, that does shut all data services off, 3G and Wi-Fi. If you want to be sure the data is going over wifi you can turn your mobile radio off or select "Wi-Fi Prefered" in "Connection Preference" under "Mobile Network" then your BB will use wifi for as long as it has wifi signal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 08:24 AM
    dude,if you changed sim cards-the service books are changed or gone!Did you make service books backup?

Yes, if you don't have BIS or BES BlackBerry data, you cannot get the service books to the phone when you change carriers. Service Books are specific to the carrier and contain the information the phone needs to use the network and services on the network, even wifi. This can also be a problem when traveling and using a foreign SIM without BlackBerry service.
    Last edited by robsteve; 07-09-12 at 09:11 AM.
    07-09-12 09:09 AM
    Op first & last post since 2/24/12....
    07-09-12 11:42 AM
    My advise is to browse for your present carrier and download the moste current software-install with sim card inserted. After that the service books will appear. Select the sb legacy restore mode alt+sbeb and then make back up. Put the back up in some safe place for any further use.
    Now if your decide to install hybrid, new os or whatever your current service books will be deleted like the simple sim switch you've made.After install go to service books menu - alt +sbeb(legacy restore mode) and then install your sb backup).Enjoy!

07-10-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD