So today i was talking to my friend about the bold 9900 because his mom works at RIM and knows all the things about the phone the like specs and you know the RELEASE DATE! He couldnt tell me the exact date but he said it will be out BEFORE AUGUST! And i was like Late June Early July and he was like Yup! So its Early Summer the phone should be arriving! And also he might get a test phone to see soo ill be surre to get my hands on it and tell you guys how it is!
    Mvor7 likes this.
    05-24-11 02:41 PM
    RIM don't release phones to the public, carriers do...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 02:58 PM
    I Understand but they know the schedules...
    05-24-11 03:00 PM
    well, hope you're right dude.

I also have a source that says June.
    05-24-11 03:24 PM
    As far as I know it will be END of June... not at the beginning of June. So, you have to wait about a month or so... and yes, RIM don't have much control over when this will be released. But RIM has the ability to pressure the Canadian service providers to release as soon as possible.
    05-24-11 04:09 PM
    I talked to a sprint employee today abd they said june probably but if not then august ..july they don't have anything coming out ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    05-24-11 04:15 PM
    I talked to a sprint employee today abd they said june probably but if not then august ..july they don't have anything coming out ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    employees don't know anything.
    05-24-11 04:26 PM
    My aunts brother told me June the 3rd.
    meistro likes this.
    05-24-11 04:40 PM
    My aunts brother told me June the 3rd.
    so.. you're uncle, or maybe even your dad.

It's released on a carier-by-carrier basis so there will be a number of dates. I think this one seems a bit too early.
    05-24-11 05:43 PM
    Chaz, i'm pretty sure Greg was kidding...

That's because my cousin's friend's mom knows someone that their dad's friend's 2nd cousin works for RIM and says June 10th (JK of course, or am I? Mwahahahahaha! )
    05-24-11 05:57 PM
    I keep hearin june myself but who am I....
    This upgrade is burning a f****** hole in my smartphone pocket.

05-24-11 07:17 PM
    Lol same here, I've had my Sprint premier upgrade since last june, and this June my contract ends officially with Sprint, but I'm staying with them and hoping for the Bold 9930 coming out with them end of June at the latest.

05-24-11 07:51 PM
    I have a friend who has another friend. That other friend works at Dell. Inside Dell, there's this guy who, through LinkedIn saw this really hot girl. They chatted a few times through messages but nothing serious happened.

Her friend knows a guy that used to date this not-so-hot chick, apparently she knows someone that works at RIM and he was very specific in confirming the release date was this summer.

YES!
    05-24-11 07:57 PM
    So today i was talking to my friend about the bold 9900 because his mom works at RIM and knows all the things about the phone the like specs and you know the RELEASE DATE! He couldnt tell me the exact date but he said it will be out BEFORE AUGUST! And i was like Late June Early July and he was like Yup! So its Early Summer the phone should be arriving! And also he might get a test phone to see soo ill be surre to get my hands on it and tell you guys how it is!
    No disrespect to your friend or his Mom but Rim doesn't have the ability to set the release date until it has passed testing with the carriers and even then its more in the hands of the carriers than Rim. Oh and it hasn't passed testing with carriers at this time...

PG
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-24-11 09:15 PM
    A more positive way to read this post:

The way I read this post was DeeDudnath has a friend who's Mom works at Rim. No where did I read that DeeDudnath said "Rim will release the phone", so I'd take this to mean that from what the OP understands from his friend, is that the various carriers will be releasing the phones somewhere late June early July. My best guess is mid-summer!
    By the way DeeDudnath thanks for posting the information for us - it gives us hope
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    05-24-11 09:52 PM
    I have a friend who has another friend. That other friend works at Dell. Inside Dell, there's this guy who, through LinkedIn saw this really hot girl. They chatted a few times through messages but nothing serious happened.

Her friend knows a guy that used to date this not-so-hot chick, apparently she knows someone that works at RIM and he was very specific in confirming the release date was this summer.

YES!
    lol.

10char
    05-24-11 10:55 PM
    well whenever it comes out i mite buy....contract is up
    05-25-11 01:46 PM
    I love threads like this! Soooooo informative! Lmao!

*rolls eyes*

05-25-11 02:28 PM
    This is just getting ridiculous with these "I have a friend who knows someone or who works at RIM." This isn't good news or even news at all. Another rumor from someone with no proof. So I was like, do you like me, and she was like, yep, so I was like wow, I like you too, and like, we hungout.
    05-25-11 04:58 PM
    Chaz, i'm pretty sure Greg was kidding...

That's because my cousin's friend's mom knows someone that their dad's friend's 2nd cousin works for RIM and says June 10th (JK of course, or am I? Mwahahahahaha! )
    +10

05-25-11 05:03 PM
    I love threads like this! Soooooo informative! Lmao!

*rolls eyes*

I t is all we have to do as there is so little real information. What we are seeing here is impatience! Each of us handle it differently.
    05-25-11 05:05 PM
    This is just getting ridiculous with these "I have a friend who knows someone or who works at RIM." This isn't good news or even news at all. Another rumor from someone with no proof. So I was like, do you like me, and she was like, yep, so I was like wow, I like you too, and like, we hungout.
    let me say that a lot of times, being a member of this site motivates me to ask RIM employees questions about unreleased devices. outside of being a big fan of blackberrys, I think it's important that unanswered questions get a response.

up until a reply like yours shows up.

you want proof? wait until official info is released. otherwise, you can cut your ******** and stop visiting threads like this.
    05-25-11 06:08 PM
    What a disapointment....

I thought you were going to tell us that you just saved a lot on your car insurance. Oh well....
    05-25-11 06:15 PM
    let me say that a lot of times, being a member of this site motivates me to ask RIM employees questions about unreleased devices. outside of being a big fan of blackberrys, I think it's important that unanswered questions get a response.

up until a reply like yours shows up.

you want proof? wait until official info is released. otherwise, you can cut your ******** and stop visiting threads like this.
    Yeah, I usually don't comment on these useless rumor "i know a friend who" threads, but work made me cranky today. Sorry about that.
    05-25-11 06:17 PM
    The tea leaves told me next week
    05-25-11 07:33 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD