Have had my AT&T 9900 since it came out launch day and absolutely love it. However, there's a few minor bugs that have started to creep up:

1. Missing phone calls. The other day I had 4 random voicemails appear out of nowhere, with no missed calls listed. Strange. Today, I had someone call me, and they had to text me because my phone went straight to voicemail each time.

2. The end call button sometimes doesn't respond. I always hit this button to check for texts/calls/etc. Sometimes, it takes 2-3 presses to "wake up" the 9900.

3. During phone calls, sometimes I'll try to go to speaker phone but the screen will be totally black (but the call is still going). Pressing the screen does nothing, hitting the end call only ended the call.

4. Sometimes during long texts, it will keep "receving text" forever and the text simply will stop downloading.

That's about all I can think of so far. Anyone have anything similar happen yet?
    Last edited by danondorf; 11-14-11 at 09:41 PM.
    11-14-11 09:36 PM
    ok... and they are????
    11-14-11 09:38 PM
    There we go, should all be there.
    11-14-11 09:42 PM
    Anybody? Guess I'll just exchange it. Could it be the firmware?
    11-14-11 09:51 PM
    Anybody? Guess I'll just exchange it. Could it be the firmware?
    Possibly, you could try upgrading to the latest .503 firmware and see if your device improves. Otherwise, you might want to exchange your device because I hadn't noticed anyone complaining of those things before.
    11-14-11 09:54 PM
    Possibly, you could try upgrading to the latest .503 firmware and see if your device improves. Otherwise, you might want to exchange your device because I hadn't noticed anyone complaining of those things before.
    Interesting. Hope so, because I already installed a Zagg screen protector on it. Don't wanna have to buy a new one, but if these issues keep happening I'll take it back. Today, I had friend text me "hey, is your phone off? It keeps going straight to voicemail like it is"....I checked it and all my connections are on (mobile network). That's the real issue to me, if I'm gonna keep missing calls then it's a big problem. Never had that happen on my 9000/9700/9780.
    11-14-11 10:09 PM
    Have had my AT&T 9900 since it came out launch day and absolutely love it. However, there's a few minor bugs that have started to creep up:

1. Missing phone calls. The other day I had 4 random voicemails appear out of nowhere, with no missed calls listed. Strange. Today, I had someone call me, and they had to text me because my phone went straight to voicemail each time.

2. The end call button sometimes doesn't respond. I always hit this button to check for texts/calls/etc. Sometimes, it takes 2-3 presses to "wake up" the 9900.

3. During phone calls, sometimes I'll try to go to speaker phone but the screen will be totally black (but the call is still going). Pressing the screen does nothing, hitting the end call only ended the call.

4. Sometimes during long texts, it will keep "receving text" forever and the text simply will stop downloading.

That's about all I can think of so far. Anyone have anything similar happen yet?

I had this SAME EXCT problem!

It has to do with the proximity sensor messing up. It thinks your phone is held up to your face thus initiating "sleep mode" on your screen.

On my BB, the only button that works (other than the end button) is the speakerphone/$ button on the keyboard. If you press that while in a call, it should turn speakerphone on and "turn on" your screen, which will allow you access to it.

But for some reason it's now magically fixed

However, I think it had something to do with an existing app on my device causing this bug.

I was going to wipe my entire phone and reinstall .374 (Verizon). I however just wiped "Installed Apps" in the security wipe section, and after the phone rebooted, someone called me and I noticed this "bug" was fixed.

11-14-11 10:28 PM
    I personally say when you get a new device, use it as stock for at least 24 hours or so, before installing apps. Even when installing apps, install a few at a time. Hence giving you time to see if any app 'breaks' the device.

Albeit I know we all want to install all our apps and data. But, a new device is like a new car, within the first week or so, you don't over do it, you 'break it in'
    John Yester and Fnord like this.
    11-16-11 08:02 AM
    I personally say when you get a new device, use it as stock for at least 24 hours or so, before installing apps. Even when installing apps, install a few at a time. Hence giving you time to see if any app 'breaks' the device.

Albeit I know we all want to install all our apps and data. But, a new device is like a new car, within the first week or so, you don't over do it, you 'break it in'
    I must agree with this post.
    I'm not a big app guy, so I'm usually running pretty stock and I have found none of these problems yet, or will I?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 08:39 AM

Completely agree. Think following this advice would solve most ppls battery issues.

I had a high discharge rate and started deleting apps one at a time until I found the culprit (WiFi Manager). Now I'm running nice and smooth.
    11-16-11 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD