hey guys I don't get the software updates option in my phone, does anyone know any other way in how to check for updates? or what can i do to get this option?
    thnks
    02-15-12 10:03 PM
    i assume you did this, options - device - software updates.
    hcantu92 likes this.
    02-15-12 10:10 PM
    Also can do this - either on computer or Blackberry browser - http:// BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones
    hcantu92 likes this.
    02-15-12 10:13 PM
    i assume you did this, options - device - software updates.
    of course, and the option is not there
    02-15-12 11:19 PM
    Also can do this - either on computer or Blackberry browser - http:// BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones
    I dont get the option on the desktop manager to update my phone, its a mac, would that be the problem?
    02-15-12 11:21 PM
    Are u sure u aren't already running the latest OS for ur phone?
    02-16-12 12:25 AM
    You'll need to borrow somebody's windows xp or 7 install disc and use Virtualbox from www.virtualbox.org to update or reload the device software using the windows interface. You could also use VMware fusion, but I would prefer virtualbox as it's free. If there's another virtual machine alternative that's free for OS X, someone will speak up.

Edit: You could also use Bootcamp.
    02-16-12 05:47 AM
    You'll need to borrow somebody's windows xp or 7 install disc and use Virtualbox from www.virtualbox.org to update or reload the device software using the windows interface. You could also use VMware fusion, but I would prefer virtualbox as it's free. If there's another virtual machine alternative that's free for OS X, someone will speak up.

Edit: You could also use Bootcamp.
    well, I haven't changed my device software since I got it thats about 6 months, and i have no problem with it but im interested in using 7.1, im gonna use a friends windows computer and see what happens, i also have this 9860 which has pretty much the same problem, but in this when i go to the options and look for software updates it says that im in the latest OS. the torch is a prototype or something like that and is tmobile branded, will this have anything to do?, and the bold is from tmobile as well

thank you
    02-16-12 03:01 PM
    well, I haven't changed my device software since I got it thats about 6 months, and i have no problem with it but im interested in using 7.1, im gonna use a friends windows computer and see what happens, i also have this 9860 which has pretty much the same problem, but in this when i go to the options and look for software updates it says that im in the latest OS. the torch is a prototype or something like that and is tmobile branded, will this have anything to do?, and the bold is from tmobile as well

thank you
    I don't believe tht tmobile have released there 7.1 for the bold yet. Its in beta though. Some people received the notification last week to download it but still hve not been able to. My sister is on tmobile with a bold and she has a notice of a update but when she tries it gives her a error message.
    02-16-12 04:20 PM
    The torch wouldn't have anything to do with this at all. T+mobile hasn't released 7.1 for those blackberries yet, as far as I know. Just download a leaked version for the 9900 and 9860 if available, check the leaked/beta OS section, install them and and load them up. Use the windows machine to do so.
    02-16-12 05:44 PM
    I don't believe tht tmobile have released there 7.1 for the bold yet.
    They released it OTA, I installed it on 2/6 and am using it.
    02-16-12 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD