My 9930 has an icon on it asking me to update the software. When I click it, it says that I have new software available for my phone (Version 7.0.0 Bundle 1739). My current version is 7.0.0 Bundle 1341. Should I update to the new version? And why can't I delete this icon from my panel? Or does it need to stay? I am still pretty much a newbie so if someone could assist me with this your help will be greatly appreciated.
    11-16-11 03:01 PM
    I don't think there is a way to rid the icon, because your carrier REALLY wants you to download the new update.

But if there is someone respond under me..

However, before updating i highly recommend Backing up your phone with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    11-16-11 03:03 PM
    Just hide the icon.

If you choose to update the device OS, you would be much, much better served by using a computer instead of doing in on the device.
    11-16-11 04:24 PM
    My 9930 has an icon on it asking me to update the software. When I click it, it says that I have new software available for my phone (Version 7.0.0 Bundle 1739). My current version is 7.0.0 Bundle 1341. Should I update to the new version? And why can't I delete this icon from my panel? Or does it need to stay? I am still pretty much a newbie so if someone could assist me with this your help will be greatly appreciated.
    I always place the OTA icon in my DL folder and leave it there because I prefer to hook up to power meaning my PC and a fully charged battery and DL this new version from my DM where IMO will be a more acurate update, I have always done it this way and never had any trouble.

When you finish the update the OPT icon you placed in your DL folder on your device will go bye.
    11-16-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD