I just turned on my new BB and now I have to do a software update but it keeps giving me this message

"The download cannot continue because your device cannot connect to the update server using any of the following methods:
    - Wi-Fi"

I have Wi-Fi turned on. So what's the problem?
    DaTruth803 likes this.
    01-21-12 08:33 AM
    You don't 'have to' do a software update, it's optional. You can dismiss it.

If the update is just for a newer OS7 version, which it probably is, then my advice is to ignore it and wait for OS7.1

If you're having problems with your current OS and don't want to either install a leaked version, or wait for OS7.1, then go ahead with the update. I wouldn't do it OTA from the phone though, download and install the update to your PC and do it that way.

If you insist on doing the update directly from the phone, make sure you've got your mobile network switched on as well as your wifi.
    01-21-12 09:15 AM
    You don't 'have to' do a software update, it's optional. You can dismiss it.

If the update is just for a newer OS7 version, which it probably is, then my advice is to ignore it and wait for OS7.1

If you're having problems with your current OS and don't want to either install a leaked version, or wait for OS7.1, then go ahead with the update. I wouldn't do it OTA from the phone though, download and install the update to your PC and do it that way.

If you insist on doing the update directly from the phone, make sure you've got your mobile network switched on as well as your wifi.
    I know I don't have to but I want to. I do have the mobile network and WiFi switched on.
    01-21-12 10:22 AM
    I also connected my Blackberry and tried updating via DM but I get Blackberry Desktop Software can't detect your device.
    01-22-12 06:15 AM
    What operating system are you running? Are you using the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager? You might want to try using a different computer if it doens't work. As Phil_Uk said, I wouldn't bother updating, not when it's another 7.0.* build. If you don't want to install the leaked 7.1.* then I'll suggest waiting for an official 7.1.*
    01-22-12 06:43 AM
    Yup, this happened to me.

I' caan't wait till official 7.1
    01-23-12 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD