The Carbon Fiber look battery door on my 9900 is really hot looking...but it's really slippery and a total fingerprint magnet.

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement that's done in that same "soft touch" paint or coating that's on the rear bezel?

Tried CNN.cn but they don't have it. Ideas?
    12-11-11 07:38 AM
    Have you searched eBay, I haven't personally but they usually have loads of replacement battery doors for phones. A friend of mine got a different one for his Curve as he didn't like the shiny coating because of all the fingerprints.
    12-11-11 07:46 AM
    Have you searched eBay, I haven't personally but they usually have loads of replacement battery doors for phones. A friend of mine got a different one for his Curve as he didn't like the shiny coating because of all the fingerprints.
    But be aware that replacement doors may not have the NFC circuitry if you happen to want to use that feature.
    12-11-11 07:49 AM
    Thanks guys...but looked on eBay and nothing except OEM pieces.

I tried the True Supplier website, but it acted weird on my PC and I exited it out of paranoia.
    12-11-11 07:54 AM
    Anybody got any ideas on this? Seriously...it would make the phone feel 100% better in the hand, and I wouldn't concern myself about it sliding around all over the place.
    12-11-11 06:23 PM
    Anybody got any ideas on this? Seriously...it would make the phone feel 100% better in the hand, and I wouldn't concern myself about it sliding around all over the place.
    The reason why very few replacement doors have come out is because of the NFC antenna on the door, and how particular NFC signals are about passing through various materials.

I actually looked around at various options for replacements in terms of battery doors, but didn't find any, I did find that a company I'm a fan of by the name SGP (sgpstore.com) sell a version of their "Skin Guard" that is a matte finish, they call it "Ultra Matte" but it's a wet apply film, sort of like the InvisibleShield but has a matte or soft touch finish on it. I used it on the iPhone 4 and rather liked it, so it might be something you should look into.
    12-11-11 07:02 PM
    someone just posted a leather door in several colors the other day, i remember seeing.
    12-11-11 07:09 PM
    Post in the marketplace forum that you need a skin for just the door. I know I've bought full body skins in the past and ended up only using the display skin. I've always found the orange-peel skins the best for grip. A Zagg feels almost sticky to me. Anyhow, maybe someone will have one laying around they don't want.
    12-11-11 08:00 PM
    The picture is crap, don't know what it looks like, but I agree, it would be nice to have some replacement battery door on the web! I keep my cover to avoid scratching it but a leather style would be nice like the 9700/9780/9000
    12-11-11 09:07 PM
    Looks good but comes from Hong Kong or something and looks like it would take a few weeks minimum to get... Hopefully a US company comes out with one soon, I really like the leather battery doors.
    12-11-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD