Anyone going to wait until later in the year???? Im thinking October. By than I will know the pluses and minuses of the phone. PLus I am sure the price will come down a bit.
    08-11-11 08:58 PM
    No hesitation here. If there are any ridiculous defects, then I'll have them replace it, that simple. The builds will probably improve over the next year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 09:09 PM
    I've been a loyal Blackberry user for YEARS, convinced friends, family and co-workers to get them but I'm waiting until I can test a 99xx out for a few days prior to making a move.

In my case I'm lucky as I can get a seed device which the carriers are provided by RIM for their business customers. The Camera and battery are both deal killers for me but after all the years I've been with Berry I will at least give it an honest hard look prior to jumping off the RIM ship.

I've read too many posts of people who are having good battery life on the new 99 series bold's to close the book out on that issue - it appears the battery issue isn't the same type of thing - that one looks like RIM just betrayed it's customers on that one and took the low cheap road while at the same time trying to hype their new line as if it could compete with anything out there.
    08-11-11 09:12 PM
    I have to wait regardless until December until I can get an upgrade with Rogers. Hopefully by then there will be lots of reviews of the 9860 by then.
    08-11-11 09:19 PM
    I am not waiting. I was an early adopter to the Storm when I was with Verizon, and while the release OS was buggy, I was a great researcher in the Crackberry Forums. I had a stable beta running on it within 24 hours, and it ran like a Champ. The Bold 9930 itself seems to be solidly built. If the OS has issues, I am sure I will be able to find a beta OS that will run the way it's supposed to. Now with the Bold 9930 coming to Sprint I will be there as soon as the Rep will sell one to me, LOL
    08-11-11 09:26 PM
    I've been waiting since the Bold 9000 launch in 2008. I can wait a little longer for AT&T to get its act together. not much though...
    08-11-11 09:41 PM
    Im waiting for the unbranded/unlocked ones to go on sale. If I can afford it then I'll probably buy it, if not I'll get the curve

08-11-11 09:47 PM
    I waited about 24 hours then caved....glad I did...
    08-11-11 09:53 PM
    I'm waiting one because I have to until my upgrade and I think its better to wait just if there is any little bugs in the OS or whatever. They have a chance to work em out and there will also be more reviews on it.

08-11-11 09:56 PM
    In, ASAP....
    08-11-11 09:57 PM
    I'm waiting for Handtec.co.uk to ship mine on the 15th. Hopefully there aren't any defects or I'll have to ship it back across the Atlantic.

08-11-11 10:07 PM
    I am waiting on Verizon to start shipping next week so I can get mine.
    08-12-11 12:35 PM
    Curse you verizon users! Lucky bastids you are! Hopefully you will not get the same batch with the messed up bottoms, loud keyboards, or messed up track pads.

I would try and make that sound sarcastic... but people are spending their hard earned money on these devices. ALL of them better be spot on working properly.
    sf49ers and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-12-11 12:47 PM
    I'll probably wait until the end of September/early October. Prices should be a little lower by then, and we will have a good idea which OS versions are better than others.

Also, there will be a much better selection of accessories for it by that time, as well.
    08-12-11 12:53 PM
    Now, Now, I want it NOW!!!
    08-12-11 01:22 PM
    I'm waiting for it. Kind of had enough of my android at the moment and just want an upgrade. Never used blackberry before so it's an exciting upgrade for me. However one thing I'm bit anxious about it my contract, however I'm going to phone up o2 and see if they can cap it at the limit for me.
    08-12-11 01:36 PM
    As soon as it's available I'll get one and make a review for everyone waiting to get the device. I'm very excited to get one and see how much it's improved over the BlackBerry Storm I used to use.
    08-12-11 01:42 PM
    I'm still waiting for T-Mobile to release it--or at the very least, announce the damn thing!

Suffice to say, I'm extremely jealous of the Canadians on this forum right now. hahaha
    08-12-11 07:04 PM
    Two factors for me- 1. I don't have the dough (currently just finished school and am unemployed) and 2. I'm hoping it will be available in white
    08-12-11 07:32 PM
    Mine is on its way from Canada, the wait continues. Very excited
    08-12-11 07:36 PM
    Is anyone waiting for the QNX phones? I love the form factor of the 9900 and I have an upgrade waiting at Verizon but I was thinking of trying out either the new iPhone this time around. Is anyone waiting to see what happens with the Colt? It seems buying a new Bold that will never see the new operating system a bit odd to me. Then again, I've never not used a blackberry to putting money in Steve Jobs pocket is foreign to me.
    08-13-11 11:08 PM
    I am not waiting for a QNX BB device, for me anything that comes out in the first batch is likely to be half baked and not what I would want. I will wait until we start to see QNX phones more settled in. I can live with legacy for a while.
    Pr3ston27 likes this.
    08-14-11 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD