08-14-11 06:23 PM
40 12
tools
    Uhmmm, yeah. I understood what the OP was attempting to do. I believe I already stated how I appreciate his/her hard work. It's just a little misplaced.
    So because he "misplaced" a post, in your opinion, you get all worked up over it? Wow.

Its a freakin forum people, not the end of the world!
    08-14-11 03:06 PM
    My question is is there any way to make it better with a software upgrade or will we never be able to see text on the 9900 camera ever.
    Yes and no. No in these sense that you can't 'fix' auto-focus or lack thereof through software updates; so to answer the question, yes, there will always be issues with close-up pictures and such.

BUT

Like Apple did, you can add HDR photo-capture ability through software updates.
    bbquincar likes this.
    08-14-11 03:07 PM
    You're correct. They are different cameras, but they are both 5 MP cameras with flash. I was looking to compare a "non-focus 5MP camera" similar to the 9900.

I wanted to make a comparison by turning off auto-focus, changing the mode, and zooming in to get the best quality text picture.

All the posts I have seen have had terrible text pictures. I haven't seen any zoom in on text once focused.

Makes complete sense to me. Thanks again for the comparison. Man, people getting hurt over a simple comparison...r e l a x.
    08-14-11 03:12 PM
    ugh, i wish these threads would stop

the 9900 CAMERA is not going to match the quality of the previous gen autofocus and the other new phones that have AF. It might take them quicker but will sacrifice a little quality. This has already been demonstrated several times and many 9900 users will also agree to this.

The VIDEO portion should be very good and maybe even better than the newer HD cameras in the new devices but that has not yet been demonstrated yet.
    08-14-11 03:35 PM
    The reviewer was referring to the yellowish hue of the shots. Fixable in software.
    Did the reviewer in the article suggest "fixing it software"?
    ...I have not had to fix any of the shots I've taken with my 9650.
    08-14-11 03:51 PM
    What you fail to remember, this isn't about RIM. This is Crackberry. Either come on here to help members or you come on here to put us down.
    You may not realize it yet but I am helping you and everyone else who really cares about blackberry.

Which is it? None of us made the decision to put the camera in the 99XX. All of us would like a better camera. Some of us are making our Crackberry experience bad.
    The first step in solving a problem is 1st realizing one has been made....
    ...That's the ONLY reason I've taken time out of life, to insure RIM "get's it".
    ...I've got a ton of flack because I've said the camera in the 9900 isn't functional for business related pics.

For God's sake we have demonstrated that the 9900 can't use the .pdf scanner APP you can buy on BB App world! What other proof would one need other than that?

I have been attacked because I ride a Harley. That doesn't bother me because I can handle it. But why attack someone on a site that is here to help with the Blackberry experience?

Now Python, I have read many reports from you and you have helped me. I just do not understand why a grown man needs to verbally attack a member for something RIM did. Why not try to help instead?
    I'm not attacking anyone TM, I'm just dealing with the false suggestions some people are making that the camera in the 9900 is functional for a standard business user - the camera can't use the .pdf scanner or take a detailed enough shot to pass an insurance damage report - that's all I'm saying.
    08-14-11 03:57 PM
    the camera can't use the .pdf scanner or take a detailed enough shot to pass an insurance damage report - that's all I'm saying.
    No that only, it can't even take far away pics as vibrant and colorful as the 9800 / 9780

People are making the 9900 seem like the best thing made since sliced bread. Sorry to burst your bubble, it ISN'T
    08-14-11 04:01 PM
    No that only, it can't even take far away pics as vibrant and colorful as the 9800 / 9780

People are making the 9900 seem like the best thing made since sliced bread. Sorry to burst your bubble, it ISN'T
    No device is perfect. Since it doesn't meet your expectations, don't buy the damn thing. Problem solved.
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-14-11 04:06 PM
    No device is perfect. Since it doesn't meet your expectations, don't buy the damn thing. Problem solved.
    A company which targets consumers who have diminishing expectations for the products they buy...
    ...Is a company who will continue to gain a larger customer base from a diminishing market.
    ...Problem rapidly solved = company goes the way of the T-Rex.
    08-14-11 04:10 PM
    A company which targets consumers who have diminishing expectations for the products they buy...
    ...Is a company who will continue to gain a larger customer base from a diminishing market.
    ...Problem rapidly solved = company goes the way of the T-Rex.
    Then you won't have about the camera anymore.
    08-14-11 04:12 PM
    So we more than likely will not be able to scan business cards, but how will this affect scanning barcodes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 04:30 PM
    So we more than likely will not be able to scan business cards, but how will this affect scanning barcodes.

If it can't take a pic of simple text on a white sheet, then forget about barcodes.
    08-14-11 04:34 PM
    So we more than likely will not be able to scan business cards
    Or anything else you may want or need to turn into a pdf, with the app created specifically for the blackberry.

, but how will this affect scanning barcodes.

Good question, we will have to wait until someone posts a video of the phone actually doing it or failing to do it over and over again.
    08-14-11 04:37 PM
    Yes and no. No in these sense that you can't 'fix' auto-focus or lack thereof through software updates; so to answer the question, yes, there will always be issues with close-up pictures and such.

BUT

Like Apple did, you can add HDR photo-capture ability through software updates.
    ok so let me get this right apple has the same issuse but have added a HDR and have fix it. if rim does the same will this be the perfect souloution to the problem or just a badage .
    08-14-11 05:59 PM
    This endless debate started with a pointless comparison and went down hill from there. Total useful content of the thread... maybe one post but I can't find it.
    andyahs and howarmat like this.
    08-14-11 06:23 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD