As I said in another thread - I sell them for a living. We have sold 4 9900's since launch. 3 of them are to the same person with hardware failure (so essentially, 2 DOA's, a third replacement, and the fourth to another customer who hasn't returned it. Yet. Hopefully).

The 9810's we've sold aren't coming back though...
    08-27-11 09:11 PM
    I disagree. I can't think of another major manufacturer that had issues with a phone the way that RIM did with the Tour, which anyone that was on these forums would know, had TONS of problems, especially with the battery door and trackball. I had to return four bc of trackball problems before finally giving up. On my Curve multiple keys on the keyboard stopped working within 6 months of getting it, and on my 9650 the paint on the keyboard peels like crazy.
    Been on the berry since my trusty 7250. Only felt the need to return one berry in all that time. My double-tapping 9780. So, it's all relative. The Tour is not a good analogy as that unit had problems from launch.
    08-27-11 09:16 PM
    As I said in another thread - I sell them for a living. We have sold 4 9900's since launch. 3 of them are to the same person with hardware failure (so essentially, 2 DOA's, a third replacement, and the fourth to another customer who hasn't returned it. Yet. Hopefully).

The 9810's we've sold aren't coming back though...

I'm not sure where you are that you've only sold 4 9900's. The Telus store where I bought mine said they were selling tons (and to illustrate that, they sold 3 other ones just during the 30 mins I was in the store with my wife, plus another one to my Dad later that night).
    08-27-11 10:17 PM
    I am in a smallish city of 25,000.
    08-27-11 10:19 PM
    I'm not sure where you are that you've only sold 4 9900's. The Telus store where I bought mine said they were selling tons (and to illustrate that, they sold 3 other ones just during the 30 mins I was in the store with my wife, plus another one to my Dad later that night).
    At the Bell corporate store where I buy all my phones, had NONE sold , 5 days after launch. This is in a huge shopping mall. I'm sure they sold a couple by now..... Hopefully.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 10:27 PM
    My trackpad "squeaks". I didn't even notice it until I read a thread about it. I wouldn't trade my 9900 for any other phone on the market, and don't feel the need to return it for any reason, even the squeaks. :P
    Totally agree except the return part... I have had BBs for years and this device is better than I expected despite being on my 3rd 9930. I still recommend it highly if you are considering BBs. Fast and the keypad is sooooo good.
    08-27-11 10:34 PM
    it's this way with every new phone and every message board..at least on smart phones.

they all have issues. i thought BB's had battery pull issues until i got a droid. that phone would freeze when calls came in.

and the tour's trackball (i had 2 tours) was not as bad as the iphone antenna issue. smartphone don't always come out of manufacturing smart when you make them by the million.
    Exactly.

10char.
    08-27-11 10:36 PM
    My trackpad "squeaks". I didn't even notice it until I read a thread about it. I wouldn't trade my 9900 for any other phone on the market, and don't feel the need to return it for any reason, even the squeaks. :P
    My trackpad made noise.......thought something was wrong. Found out the Audible Roll in Trackpad sensitivity was enabled in options. turned it off and all was fine.
    i do agree there have been some lame complaints recently
    08-28-11 08:36 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD