So how does everyone feel about all the talk of bad devices. I mean people on there 3rd or 4th 9930/9900?? I am def disappointed and now second guessing getting one. I really thought RIM was going to get this device right....
    08-27-11 12:08 AM
    Feel perfectly fine why? Out of the thousands of units that have gone out a few people that post on here are having bad luck and that's going to stop you from getting one?
    waveuk likes this.
    08-27-11 12:13 AM
    I feel you are focusing on nothing...I know mine and many,many others haven't had any issues. Even iPhones get returned...Just saying.
    08-27-11 12:21 AM
    Quite honestly, some are returning devices over the lamest reasons possible.. squeaky trackpads? Please.. Try using the device long enough for the frackin squeak to go away. Others, do have legit reasons -- but realistically the ratio of returns to those sold and kept is slim.

Aside from all that, if you buy a device and it has problems (legit ones) return it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I went through three iPad 2's before I got one with no dead pixels and light bleed or yellow tint, didn't stop me from buying the product.. stuff happens. This is why they offer returns.
    08-27-11 12:23 AM
    It's to be expected with RIM, their quality control is terrible. Remember the battery door and trackball on the Tour?
    SeanNYC76 likes this.
    08-27-11 12:24 AM
    I'm all for wanting something you spent your hard earned money on to be perfect but yes, some of things people are complaining about just make me shake my head.
    08-27-11 12:27 AM
    It's to be expected with RIM, their quality control is terrible. Remember the battery door and trackball on the Tour?
    How can you make such a broad statement with using only one product as an example? My Tour worked great. I had it for over a year.
    08-27-11 12:30 AM
    My trackpad "squeaks". I didn't even notice it until I read a thread about it. I wouldn't trade my 9900 for any other phone on the market, and don't feel the need to return it for any reason, even the squeaks. :P
    08-27-11 12:33 AM
    RIM's quality control is no better or worse then anyone else in the electronics industry, go to any other forums you find the exact same crap posted there as what is here.. people returning things for more lame arse reasons then actual legit ones.

Granted the Tour trackballs sucked but hey.. my iPhone 3GS was replaced twice in that time as well and both devices came out approx. around the same time.
    08-27-11 12:34 AM
    I will say that things seem a lot more documented on crackberry than the other platforms. I mean the forums in general have a lot more going on. I didn't mean I won't still get the phone, I just hope I have a little more luck than some of the others!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 12:42 AM
    RIM's quality control is no better or worse then anyone else in the electronics industry, go to any other forums you find the exact same crap posted there as what is here.. people returning things for more lame arse reasons then actual legit ones.

Granted the Tour trackballs sucked but hey.. my iPhone 3GS was replaced twice in that time as well and both devices came out approx. around the same time.
    I disagree. I can't think of another major manufacturer that had issues with a phone the way that RIM did with the Tour, which anyone that was on these forums would know, had TONS of problems, especially with the battery door and trackball. I had to return four bc of trackball problems before finally giving up. On my Curve multiple keys on the keyboard stopped working within 6 months of getting it, and on my 9650 the paint on the keyboard peels like crazy.
    08-27-11 03:28 PM
    Returns are to be expected and yes some are lame but others are honest. I had nothing but issues with mine at first but now everthing seems fine. Look how many certified preowned devices VZW has for sale! The ones that sell always have preowned but the ones that don't sell are never available. Look at the storm 2 they have phones to swap under warranty but no preowned due to the lack of sales.

08-27-11 03:36 PM
    I am on my 5th BB, I have never had to return one (watch now something will happen, LOL) I've had the 9930 for 10 days and VERY HAPPY!
    08-27-11 03:49 PM
    So a $550 factory fresh phone should require a diff os or a reload of the same os before it works properly? This seems to be the fix offered by alot of CB members in these threads. Unacceptable imo and Joe average user out there wouldn't have a clue anyway. It should just work out of the box.
    08-27-11 04:16 PM
    I am on my 5th BB, I have never had to return one (watch now something will happen, LOL) I've had the 9930 for 10 days and VERY HAPPY!
    Lol that's the way it goes as soon as you say everything is fine something off the wall happens. Good to hear yours is good tho.

08-27-11 04:21 PM
    Keep in mind... no one is to make a thread just because they get theirs and are happy. But if someone returns it, they seem to feel the need to make a thread. Perception vs. reality of how many "bad units" there are.
    08-27-11 04:22 PM
    Weird, I had a Tour for 2 years, took it around the world, used it heavily every single day. Never failed me once. Just cleaned off the trackball with some rubbing alcohol if it was getting grimey... and that was just because I used it when my hands were dirty. Excellent, powerful, world phone.
    08-27-11 04:24 PM
    I went through three iPad 2's before I got one with no dead pixels and light bleed or yellow tint, didn't stop me from buying the product..
    Seems to me that you need to start a new thread so that everyone knows!

P.S. My Macbook PRO won't hold a charge, gets so hot that I need to put a barier underneath it and my iMAC blew up...Thankfully I had a warranty. Yea, Apple products sure are far more reliable than RIMM (not). My wife says that Apple products are truthfully POS and she's no techie!
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-27-11 at 04:29 PM.
    08-27-11 04:27 PM
    I'll say this...Pure and Simple---RIMS Quality Control is terrible! Listen I'm a pretty big Blackberry fan, I've had way to many Blackberries to even name. However, they just cant get it right. Don't get me wrong, The 930 is a beautiful phone, but it's not nearly made as good as it's price point is...No way! People can say what they want about Apple, but I have so so many friends that are still on they're First Iphone 4, and didn't have to exchange even once...As for me and my Blackberry Friends, we have all grown accustom to having to go through maybe 2 or 3 units before finding a good one. It is what it is, the platform is worth it for me. No other device does as good a job as the Blackberry when it comes down to it.
    08-27-11 04:55 PM
    it's this way with every new phone and every message board..at least on smart phones.

they all have issues. i thought BB's had battery pull issues until i got a droid. that phone would freeze when calls came in.

and the tour's trackball (i had 2 tours) was not as bad as the iphone antenna issue. smartphone don't always come out of manufacturing smart when you make them by the million.
    08-27-11 05:47 PM
    I'll say this...Pure and Simple---RIMS Quality Control is terrible!
    For every one that has had a bad experence there are many many of us who have had nothing but good experences.

I suggest that RIM's quality control is as least as good as the rest of the industry.

Now before we get 50 people telling us about their bad experence I say again, there are many many more of us who have not had issues and have had no reason to write about it (until now)
    Bold9930 likes this.
    08-27-11 05:56 PM
    I suggest that RIM's quality control is as least as good as the rest of the industry.
    Exactly. This phone is the best they've ever done and someone is challenging their quality control. Geez....So off base.
    08-27-11 06:08 PM
    Been good to me so far

08-27-11 06:13 PM
    Personally from someone who came from a iPhone and was looking forward to a solid hardware button experience i am a little put off that my trackpad sqeaks. I mean it kinda has me thinking that less moving parts/buttons is a better/more solid design.
    08-27-11 06:27 PM
    Personally from someone who came from a iPhone and was looking forward to a solid hardware button experience i am a little put off that my trackpad sqeaks. I mean it kinda has me thinking that less moving parts/buttons is a better/more solid design.
    I'd throw it in the trash then.
    08-27-11 06:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD