I miss the engadget app, which was one which I used most in android and iOS, and I also wanted tumblr, which again, isn't supported.

How long do people think it will take for the apps which are popular to be made to work on the 9900?

Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-01-12 05:22 AM
    lol welcome to the waiting game that is owning a blackberry..

those apps will likely never come. just fyi
    04-01-12 05:33 AM
    Tumblr for OS7 was something I created a thread on few weeks ago, someone told me they found a random link by Googling it. After I did the same, I found the link and it worked almost perfectly. According to App World, it's not compatible. It needs a big update, but it does the job.

Free App: Tumblr for Blackberry

I also Googled Engadget, chose the type of BlackBerry, downloaded it and installed and then came the message "This application is not supported for this model" Bummer lol
    Last edited by Bilaal; 04-01-12 at 05:51 AM.
    04-01-12 05:47 AM
    Its a shame it is a waiting game owning a BB, they are communication powerhouse and are overlooked because of the popularity of android and iOS. I wish developers cared more for the platform!

Thanks for the link too

04-01-12 09:33 AM
    I just wish I could open appworld without encountering an error everytime I try to go into it!
    04-01-12 10:25 AM
    I just wish I could open appworld without encountering an error everytime I try to go into it!

I get an error on occasion too! Have you tried deleting appworld and reinstalling?

04-02-12 02:56 AM
    Hey thanks for the link to Tumblr app for BB! I have been looking for the OTA.

04-02-12 03:09 AM
    It may be a while. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    04-02-12 11:43 AM
    I miss the engadget app, which was one which I used most in android and iOS, and I also wanted tumblr, which again, isn't supported.

How long do people think it will take for the apps which are popular to be made to work on the 9900?

Cheers

This is one of my BIGGEST issue with the 9900 aside from the crappy camera. however people are right, these apps will never come.
    04-02-12 06:44 PM
    Devs aren't going to spend time and money developing for an OS that's essentially on it's deathbed.
    04-02-12 07:04 PM
    wow this is my first post on the bb app. very simple, i like it

anyway lol - you're absolutely right, it's an understandable lose-lose, but their has to be small niche developers who can thrive off gaining some market share in bb?

Sent from my heart
    04-02-12 07:17 PM
    the downfall of having blackberry. worst app selection ever .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 07:20 PM
    We are a devoted bunch..lol The BB does everything I need..good phone, text and email. I don't really need a smartphone to do anything else. If you want a huge selection of apps then you'll probably want to go with an iPhone or Android phone.
    04-02-12 11:57 PM
    All os6 apps work on os 7.x too.
    Those that are not in app world just need a little help from bbsak...
    See my topic " app not compatible" in the blackberry 7 section.
    04-03-12 12:09 AM
    We are a devoted bunch..lol The BB does everything I need..good phone, text and email. I don't really need a smartphone to do anything else. If you want a huge selection of apps then you'll probably want to go with an iPhone or Android phone.
    If you travel often or live abroad in a foreign country what is very important is being able to translate foreign text messages,email and messages on Whatsapp. Google Translate works great on the iPhone and on Android based smartphones. Being able to copy/paste these messages or emails and then translate along with being able to hear them via audio or being able to say them via Audio is amazing. This feature is not really available on the Blackberry devices which is a big unfortunate and a big blow as users will switch devices for such feature losses. Another feature loss is the lack of being able to browse around on Google Maps street View. While it is available it does not really work without crashing and telling you that you are out of memory If someone travels often or lives abroad these 2 features are important on a smartphone.

If Blackberry wants to keep users from switching over these 2 issues need to be addressed or they will find that their users are slowly switching over to other devices. The Blackberry is a great smartphone with a pretty good platform but it does issues that need to be addressed and these 2 are two very important issues that the developers over at Blackberry must address especially since these days their sales are in Asia. In Asia there various languages and many people that travel often between these Asian countries.
    04-03-12 07:53 AM
    @9900boldfan

You can use navita translator for your translation problem. That works with google translate as well...
    04-03-12 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD