So looks official AT&T won't get 9900 till later this year

http://crackberry.com/att-announces-...erry-portfolio
    08-03-11 07:33 AM
    Where have you been? The release on AT&T won't happen until probably September.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 07:52 AM
    I rember with the 9700 tmo released the phone about 3 weeks before att but since they'll try to push the torch, i guess i could take longer.
    08-03-11 08:18 AM
    Where have you been? The release on AT&T won't happen until probably September.

yea but wasn't official yet, now it looks like it is
    08-03-11 08:36 AM
    Are you surprised? At&t will obviously push their baby (Torch) first. It's exclusively theirs.
    08-03-11 09:05 AM
    Hey you guys should get pissed and leave those bastids like a battered wife. Sprint, vzw or t-mo will gladly take you in and at least not beat you. May cheat on you but not beat you

P.s. Obviously I have a strong dislike for att.
    08-03-11 09:11 AM
    Hey you guys should get pissed and leave those bastids like a battered wife. Sprint, vzw or t-mo will gladly take you in and at least not beat you. May cheat on you but not beat you

P.s. Obviously I have a strong dislike for att.
    Don't worry...there will be plenty of pissed off AT&T customers ordering from Rogers. AT&T thinks an exclusivity on the Torch 9810 from other carriers means they exclusively sell it to their own customers. Someone needs to get smacked at AT&T, if people want the damn 9810, they will buy it. So stop taking your time on the 9900 and 9860.

You are not the only one with a hatred for AT&T, they think they are doing us a favor by only selling the 9810....wrong.
    JUSTQUAN2 and ratchetjaw#AC like this.
    08-03-11 09:27 AM
    So looks official AT&T won't get 9900 till later this year

http://crackberry.com/att-announces-...erry-portfolio
    Two of us have been saying this for months now. Anyhow, it's looking like Oct as of now because it hasn't fully entered testing. If everything is right, it could be sped up at bit. But right now the 9860 is ahead of the 9900.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-03-11 09:33 AM
    Two of us have been saying this for months now. Anyhow, it's looking like Oct as of now because it hasn't fully entered testing. If everything is right, it could be sped up at bit. But right now the 9860 is ahead of the 9900.
    I have been following your post and understand all that you are saying, and appreciate your input. I just hope along with approving HW changes they dont cripple something like they did the bridge browser. They have it in them
    08-03-11 09:41 AM
    Are you surprised? At&t will obviously push their baby (Torch) first. It's exclusively theirs.
    Are you suggesting that AT&T "manufactured" the ostensible hardware defect that has kept the 9900 in its labs just so it could release the 9810 first and alone in the spotlight? The demand for the 9900 among existing BB users will be insane, so I would think that AT&T would really want to get it out first before Verizon (and even T-Mo, potential merger notwithstanding). They were right to withhold the 9000 three years ago, and I see no reason to doubt they are right now.
    08-03-11 09:41 AM
    Are you suggesting that AT&T "manufactured" the ostensible hardware defect that has kept the 9900 in its labs just so it could release the 9810 first and alone in the spotlight? The demand for the 9900 among existing BB users will be insane, so I would think that AT&T would really want to get it out first before Verizon (and even T-Mo, potential merger notwithstanding). They were right to withhold the 9000 three years ago, and I see no reason to doubt they are right now.
    Don't put words in my mouth, I never suggested At&t "manufactured" defects.
    08-03-11 09:51 AM
    Don't put words in my mouth, I never suggested At&t "manufactured" defects.
    Not expressly, but that was the implication.
    08-03-11 10:21 AM
    All the other carriers seemed to be able to handle the hardware defect and are about to release it......
    08-03-11 04:22 PM
    CX - Define "a bit" please.
    08-03-11 04:24 PM
    That means their loading it with the usual bloatware.
    08-03-11 07:02 PM
    CX - Define "a bit" please.
    The 9900 hasn't entered field testing on AT&T, so that puts release at Oct. If it enters soon, it could be sped up for Sept, but it would be late Sept and would depend on numerous factors going in the 9900's favor.
    08-03-11 07:15 PM
    The 9900 hasn't entered field testing on AT&T, so that puts release at Oct. If it enters soon, it could be sped up for Sept, but it would be late Sept and would depend on numerous factors going in the 9900's favor.
    Crucial do you know if AT&T will carry the 9900 in white ?? Or will it be like 9000 where they offerd it in white many months after its release.

08-03-11 07:24 PM
    Crucial do you know if AT&T will carry the 9900 in white ?? Or will it be like 9000 where they offerd it in white many months after its release.

It will be offered in white. As to when depends on manufacturing. The white versions are rarely ready at launch. But considering AT&T is launching later than some others, it's definitely possible they'll have both colors. We'll know more closer to launch. If the white 9900 is avail on other carriers before ATT releases, then yes for sure it'll be available.
    08-03-11 07:33 PM
    i for one am ecstatic to play with all 3 of the new bb's coming to at&t.i could pick up two out of the three,1 out of the three and the new iphone,or just one new bb and nothing else.love the options.it would be wise for at&t to pick up the pace a little bit after launching the 9810.then comes the new iphone hoopla.after that its all normal.im going to be at at&t store when all the 3 new bb's and the new iphone are on display.that day im happy.
    08-03-11 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD