02-29-12 07:33 PM
34 12
tools
    Windows 7 fully updated including the 14 security updates that came out this week.

-Uninstall DM 6
    -Clean out the computer
    -Restart the computer
    -Install DM 7
    -Restart the computer
    -Install 7.1.0.267
    -Restart the computer
    -BBSAK to Wipe the phone
    -BBSAK to Reset the phone to Defaults
    -Delete (2) vendor.xml files (New DM = 2nd file)
    -Right click on loader.exe and hit "Run as Administrator"
    -Choose install options (see suggestions) & let it rip

Suggestions: At this point I usually uncheck anything that can be installed by AppWorld using the PC browser, including AppWorld. This way all my/your apps can be installed at once after your computer installs a fresh copy of AppWorld and you set it up on your phone. Why? Because you will end up with the newest version of all the apps installed FIRST and you will not need all those %$#/}@! Updates. Does it eliminate problems? Don't know. Installing them 1 or 2 at a time using the phone is a pain though, and it takes forever.

Notes: Make sure the loader installs Blackberry Maps & Password Keeper or You will be SOL on those. Also, go to the storage settings and run the "Repair" routine on your built-in storage and your media card.

Be sure to use alt+shift+del to restart the phone 4 or 5 times. Good Luck.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-27-12 at 12:58 PM.
    02-27-12 12:50 PM
    So I've been trolling forever and after reading thread after thread I decide to install 7.1.0.267. I watched the videos read the posts and updated, everything went great. Now however my battery has dropped like the stock market back in 2008. Any suggestions? 6 hours light use 80% battery drop

I really don't think that the problem is with the OS, as I get around 2~% per hour drain rate with normal use on the .267.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 01:33 PM
    How long ago did you get the replacement battery ?

You could argue that until you had tried battery number 2 you didn't know that it was the device that was at fault.

Got to be worth a try.
    I'll call them tomorrow I guess. I downgraded to .205 since I got 12 hours at one point. Honestly, I doubt they will do anything for me though.
    02-27-12 02:06 PM
    im still on a drain rate of 4.78% per hour
    02-27-12 02:58 PM
    I have had my 9900 since December, got so tired of battery drain that i went back to 9700. On Friday was doing some reading, and i decided to downloaded and install 7.1.0.267 (Bundle 921) and give the new software a shot

WOW what a difference in battery life. Disconnected my 9900 from charger this morning and 5 hours later mostly data I have 80% battery left. With old software i would have been at 50%.
    02-27-12 03:48 PM
    Fwiww, .267 sucks the life out of my battery as well.
    02-27-12 11:13 PM
    I might try .267. My battery brain rate is 7.26/hr. I think this is very high.
    02-27-12 11:21 PM
    The difference between OS's is small. What is clear is that if you have crap battery life, you need to reload your OS until you don't anymore.
    02-28-12 01:41 AM
    If it were me I would go for another charger, the USB charger included with the phone is junk. If you have another lying around try it for a few days. You can find a Nokia AC-6U on Amazon for about 3 bucks, works great.
    02-29-12 07:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD