So I've been trolling forever and after reading thread after thread I decide to install 7.1.0.267. I watched the videos read the posts and updated, everything went great. Now however my battery has dropped like the stock market back in 2008. Any suggestions? 6 hours light use 80% battery drop
    02-26-12 07:00 PM
    i installed 7.1.0.267 and my phone can finally last a day without dying at 4pm and i'm a heavy texter/bbmer/fbooker! have you tried turning on battery saving mode?
    02-26-12 08:05 PM
    Did you try to reset your phone. Sounds like something weird is running in the background.
    02-26-12 08:57 PM
    Are you using any apps that are not quite compatible with OS 7.1?
    dadymon likes this.
    02-26-12 09:01 PM
    Really! I have .267 installed and I have been running for 16 hours and my battery is down to 25% (moderate to heavy use ). Try setting the new battery saving mode to always on. That Works for me!
    02-26-12 09:12 PM
    I've done a battery pull and turned battery saver to always on. Well see what happens. I'll report back in the morning. Thanks!
    02-26-12 09:19 PM
    To me .205 has better batt life. I also notice faster batt drain on this os.
    02-26-12 09:27 PM
    So I've been trolling forever and after reading thread after thread I decide to install 7.1.0.267. I watched the videos read the posts and updated, everything went great. Now however my battery has dropped like the stock market back in 2008. Any suggestions? 6 hours light use 80% battery drop
    First of all, you were "lurking" not "trolling". Big difference.

Secondly, what apps have you got running in the background? Have you tried a fresh re-boot?
    02-26-12 09:51 PM
    Have you waited a few days for the OS to settle or you just testing it after an installation ?
    02-26-12 10:43 PM
    There are obviously many variables that goes into installing an OS
    and its confusing because we hear its either good or bad. Maybe its Apps, installation, human error and so on. That being said this is the greatest OS i've ever installed on any of my BB's. Improved Speed, Battery life,Faster Browser, New features to mention a few.

For what its worth I recommend this OS to eveyone !
    02-26-12 11:00 PM
    Do a couple of battery pulls and then drin your battery and charge it all the way up to %100. I recommend overcharging for a few hours, but it is up to you (bricking issue)
    02-26-12 11:10 PM
    Lot's of misinformation in this thread - "OS settling", "Overcharging (bricking issue)"...wow. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know much about these things and reads this thread...

@ the OP...you need to provide more relevant info here...like what apps you are running. Also, RIM added the Device Analyzer so we could get information as to where the battery drain occurs...you might want to run that and check.

Battery saver mode - all that does is set a few variables to minimum levels...something you should have already done manually if you want to improve battery life. Simply turning it on at the default settings will only affect power usage when your device hits 20% battery left.
    02-27-12 12:10 AM
    I had an awful time with power drain the first time I loaded 163 over 374. My DPH jumped to over 10%. I gave it a few days, along with the battery pulls and such, finally reloading 374 and swearing off 7.1. I loaded 267 a few days later, and I had the same jump in DPH. Again, I let it run for several days with no change. Again, I reloaded 374 and swore off 7.1, this time forever.

I tried 267 yet again five days ago (yes, forever was almost seven days). Wow. What a difference. My DPH is lower than I ever saw with 374. For normal / light use, I get <2%. For my heavy use (lots of phone minutes, a bunch of BBM, some email and SMS, and heavy browsing) my DPH remains under 5%.

My point here is that you might just need to reload 267 a second time, or maybe even a third. Yes, it's a PITA. But I've seen over the years that the installation can so often make the difference with these BlackBerry devices. This is a sweet OS. Keep trying until you nail it.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-27-12 at 12:34 AM.
    02-27-12 12:31 AM
    I just installed .267 last night and I charged over night, about 8 hours (no bricking issues) and have yet to put my phone back on the charger with moderate to heavy use. If this helps I have battery watch watching my phone. Try closing out apps when not using them etc....
    02-27-12 12:37 AM
    yeah, there is definitely faster battery drain with .267. My battery was much better with .205, oh well.
    02-27-12 12:38 AM
    My battery drain is the same if not a little better with .267. I installed the it last Friday to replace .163 official release from Sprint and I have not seen any difference in battery drain. Mine 9930 averages between 2-3% DPH.
    02-27-12 07:40 AM
    without any scientific backing my words, I do feel that the new .267 drain faster thathe previous leaked version.

- Charles
    02-27-12 07:59 AM
    Been running it for about a week now. Crappy battery drain, even when it's on the Battery Saving Mode. I'm at work for friggin 9 hours and my phone is IDLE. 5 default apps running, I only have Twitter refreshing in the background every hour. That's it. No Wifi, Bluetooth. By the time I'm off work, my battery is in the red or if I'm lucky, 20%!!! Battery will last me 10 hours.

This is my second battery (got it from my carrier due to previous cr@ptastic battery issues). I have no clue how people have 20+hrs and I can't even get half that without NOT USING my phone at all.
    02-27-12 11:18 AM
    Been running it for about a week now. Crappy battery drain, even when it's on the Battery Saving Mode. I'm at work for friggin 9 hours and my phone is IDLE. 5 default apps running, I only have Twitter refreshing in the background every hour. That's it. No Wifi, Bluetooth. By the time I'm off work, my battery is in the red or if I'm lucky, 20%!!! Battery will last me 10 hours.

This is my second battery (got it from my carrier due to previous cr@ptastic battery issues). I have no clue how people have 20+hrs and I can't even get half that without NOT USING my phone at all.
    Logic woud dictate that if it's not a bad battery and many others are happy with the OS (self included) then it must be a hardware issue i.e. you have got a bad device.

See if the carrier will swap it out for you.
    02-27-12 11:21 AM
    Logic woud dictate that if it's not a bad battery and many others are happy with the OS (self included) then it must be a hardware issue i.e. you have got a bad device.

See if the carrier will swap it out for you.
    It's been over 2 months. I don't think they'll do it.
    02-27-12 11:30 AM
    It's been over 2 months. I don't think they'll do it.
    How long ago did you get the replacement battery ?

You could argue that until you had tried battery number 2 you didn't know that it was the device that was at fault.

Got to be worth a try.
    02-27-12 11:33 AM
    So is the consensus that 267 has worse battery life or better? Or is it just varied for different users?
    02-27-12 11:58 AM
    Battery much better for me, 33 hours off the charger and not in red yet.
    02-27-12 12:02 PM
    To the OP and others. If you having battery drain issues... post your apps. At first my battery was kinda whack with .267 but monitoring my apps helped me weed them out and now I'm sitting at 1-2% discharge rate.
    02-27-12 12:09 PM
    I originally experienced great battery life, but today something happened and it sucks. I'm in the same place as usual (home) and was full charged at 100%, but with only 10 minutes of browsing App World and CB mobile site (combined 10 min) I dropped to 85%. Odd....
    02-27-12 12:43 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD