Phone off the charger last night about 10pm. Bedside mode from 2am to 8am. Heavy messaging, FB, browsing, calls and now its 4:30pm and I'm at 50 percent. Pretty good so far. Granted a newly acquired phone but my experience says battery tends to improve after break in.

I take it this is not the norm? Because compared to my tour, which would have needed to be plugged in at about noon due to almost drained battery, this is pretty darn good.
    02-08-12 06:30 PM
    I've found my battery to last me a good 18-20 hours to get me to 30%. I did a clean install instead of updating from 7.0 to 7.1 and my battery life got a lot better.
    02-08-12 06:32 PM
    I've found my battery to last me a good 18-20 hours to get me to 30%. I did a clean install instead of updating from 7.0 to 7.1 and my battery life got a lot better.
    Same for me. Reinstalled 7.0.0.503 and battery life got a lot better
    02-08-12 06:36 PM
    lately i have been experiencing better and better battery life somehow.
    idling rate is now mostly on 1.0-2.5%, some time ago it was sitting on just avg 2.5% all the time.
    and i'm still using the .585/.540 combo.
    but i guess there is still plenthora of peoples out there still having bad battery life.
    02-08-12 06:40 PM
    I was nervous upgrading my OS to AT&Ts .576 because I was getting up to 16 hrs use on my phone with the original stock OS. I'm glad to see that the upgrade didn't affect my battery life
    02-08-12 06:45 PM
    Phone off the charger last night about 10pm. Bedside mode from 2am to 8am. Heavy messaging, FB, browsing, calls and now its 4:30pm and I'm at 50 percent. Pretty good so far. Granted a newly acquired phone but my experience says battery tends to improve after break in.

I take it this is not the norm? Because compared to my tour, which would have needed to be plugged in at about noon due to almost drained battery, this is pretty darn good.

The battery issues you hear about are for the 9930.

The 9900 uses less power.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HankHowdy; 02-08-12 at 10:25 PM.
    02-08-12 07:53 PM
    I'm actually using the 9900 myself, I won't lie...the battery life stinks. I'm on 7.0 and got the device analyser and I run the battery test thing. It is a LITTLE BIT better but I find myself needing to plug the phone in to charge almost before mid day. I just BBM all day, check Score mobile, and browse.

Would you recommend that I install 7.1? Or should I wait for the release from my carrier?
    02-08-12 08:09 PM

Yes it is the norm. Bad battery life is either user error or installing junk apps that suck the life outta your battery.

I average 1-1.5% discharge per hour now. And like Byul said, it seems to have gotten better. Once you install an app, monitor your battery and you'll see if the app is junk or not.

I'm currently sitting at 65% juice left since I took it off the charger at 06:00 this morning.
    02-08-12 08:23 PM
    The battery issues you here about are for the 9930.

The 9900 uses less power.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk

I kindly disagree with your point. I have a 9900, on my second at this point, still a 5.2% discharge rate per the battery analyzer. Better than the 6 plus I had on the first but still lacking in getting through a day. There are plenty of threads in this forum echoing this experience on 9900's. Glad to see (and jealous) a number of folks with good results.
    02-08-12 08:53 PM
    I kindly disagree with your point. I have a 9900, on my second at this point, still a 5.2% discharge rate per the battery analyzer. Better than the 6 plus I had on the first but still lacking in getting through a day. There are plenty of threads in this forum echoing this experience on 9900's. Glad to see (and jealous) a number of folks with good results.

Sorry to hear your experience... Have you tried wiping the OS and then slowly reloading the apps to see if you can find a drainer? Just my food for thought as I have done quite a few OS wipes and reloads just to mess around.

Or try a different battery. Contact your carrier and see if they will swap out or give you a new battery.

Also, play with all your settings that involve network usage, backlight, auto refresh, and use Wifi when available. Wifi uses less juice than data over network.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 09:11 PM
    Thanks, yes pretty familiar with all the fixes. I posted a thread about it a little ways back so don't want to dredge up and rehash the oldies but goodies. I like the 9900 enough to bare with the battery issue, not thrilled at all about the battery but it is what it is for me. Otherwise the 9900 is a gem.
    02-08-12 09:25 PM

If you are getting a discharge rate that high on a 9900 then something is very wrong.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 10:27 PM
    Just a side note, I'm on vzw 9930. And an update, when I plugged the phone in at around 9pm last night, was still at 30 percent. Reading through some of the various posts, I really don't have a lot of apps. Might play a part. Never been too impressed with any app on any platform. But man I love this new bold.
    02-09-12 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD