In the past 3 days, I convinced 2 of my friends to jump on the Blackberry wagon. It was pretty easy with the 9900. Has anyone else tried with results? Why am I so proud? Because when I went to 3 diffrent locations to change my phone, the sales associates looked at me funny for wanting and liking the brand. I'm sure they would too, if someone showed them why.
    Last edited by zzzdamian; 02-15-12 at 09:49 PM.
    02-15-12 09:44 PM
    I'm working on a few people. It's not going to be easy. I don't care what others use, but I want to be able to use BBM again to talk.

Almost everyone I know has an iPhone.
    02-15-12 09:53 PM
    In the past 3 days, I convinced 2 of my friends to jump on the Blackberry wagon. It was pretty easy with the 9900. Has anyone else tried with results? Why am I so proud? Because when I went to 3 diffrent locations to change my phone, the sales associates looked at me funny for wanting and liking the brand. I'm sure they would too, if someone showed them why.
    Good job!

I think that new Bridge Remote feature on the Playbook might just get some ooohs and aaaahs.
    02-15-12 09:59 PM
    I've been talking up RIM and the 9900 for a long time. These days we're not too popular or in the majority. Its particularly upsetting to go in asking to buy a RIM device (like the PlayBook) and have sales people totally shocked and trying to convince you not to. A friend of mine who knows that Droid and Apple have been killing RIM recently went to replace his 9700. I was sure he would bail ship and was pleasantly surprised when he reported that not only did he buy the 9900 but he told me that the 9900 experience is amazing and he couldn't figure out why everyone badmouths it or RIM so badly.
    02-15-12 10:01 PM
    I've been talking up RIM and the 9900 for a long time. These days we're not too popular or in the majority. Its particularly upsetting to go in asking to buy a RIM device (like the PlayBook) and have sales people totally shocked and trying to convince you not to. A friend of mine who knows that Droid and Apple have been killing RIM recently went to replace his 9700. I was sure he would bail ship and was pleasantly surprised when he reported that not only did he buy the 9900 but he told me that the 9900 experience is amazing and he couldn't figure out why everyone badmouths it or RIM so badly.
    I come from a 8330,9330 and now 9930. This phone is awesome. My friends said get up to speed and get an iPhone. With my 9930 I have the best option for me. I can touch and type and it's fast. Yea man.
    02-15-12 11:28 PM
    Haha, I usually dont add to these types of threads but I just thought of something and thought I would share.

Everybody has smartphones these days... usually an android or iphone just by probability... Sooooo whenever my friends and I are out and want to look up a place to eat or something to do I go "Hey you iphone/android people find somewhere to go!" Nobody has to know I can do exactly what they do just as fast if not faster. Less work for me is fine.

Still, KUDOS! for you to be able to convince others to explore what works for them not just go with the crowd.
    02-15-12 11:52 PM
    I sold the one person that I tried. Buddy said "Is that the new BlackBerry?" I said, "Yeah, it's the cat's @$$." Two days later he had one. Loves it.
    Last edited by Kevstra; 02-16-12 at 01:04 AM.
    02-16-12 01:00 AM
    Went from 8820 to 9000 to 9700 to 9780 back to 9700 to iPhone to 9900 now. Happy with where blackberries are going.
    Kevstra likes this.
    02-16-12 01:02 AM
    Touching stories :P
    02-16-12 01:17 AM
    I showed a few friends the Wikitude app, with the AR chat. Left their jaws hanging. I agree with Setasai, I just go to google maps and look for things, what do you use?
    02-16-12 01:27 AM
    First blackberry in my family, soon they all will have one. Just waiting for BB10 devices to come out
    02-16-12 01:57 AM
    my family has always been iphone faithful.but i did convince my pops to get a new bb come his contract renewal in august for his business purposes.most likely will be a bb london if he doesn't choose to remain iphone and stick to iphone 5.he will wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer first but bb will be in the mix for him.the rest of family won't be leaving iphone anytime soon.
    02-16-12 02:09 AM
    I sold the one person that I tried. Buddy said "Is that the new BlackBerry?" I said, "Yeah, it's the cat's @$$." Two days later he had one. Loves it.
    Lesson learned: Do not leave your cat with Kevstra or his friend.
    02-16-12 04:27 AM
    We can add one more to the list. 3 in a week. Imagine if every BB user would get 1-2 friends to switch or switch back to blackberry. My RIM stock would go back up fast.
    02-17-12 10:01 AM
    I'm shooting 4 for 5 so far on the BB converts. I've got one buddy who switches phones every couple months. Started with a Nokia, then a 8520, then a 9800, and landed with an iPhone 4...
    02-17-12 10:21 AM
    I'm working on a few people. It's not going to be easy. I don't care what others use, but I want to be able to use BBM again to talk.

Almost everyone I know has an iPhone.
    Same, including myself...lol. Although, I just ordered the Bold 9930 yesterday!
    02-17-12 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD