...and the cover over the trackpad is raised is high the trackpad is under the cover. The phone as a whole does not feel as quality as my first 9900. I do more research and find the phones now are made in Mexico! Great! Bought a brand new unsealed box on eBay with no returns. This thing is going back on eBay!
    05-13-13 08:53 PM
    ...and the cover over the trackpad is raised is high the trackpad is under the cover. The phone as a whole does not feel as quality as my first 9900. I do more research and find the phones now are made in Mexico! Great! Bought a brand new unsealed box on eBay with no returns. This thing is going back on eBay!

RIM/Blackberry has been making their devices in Mexico (among other places) for years. I think it's a good thing, personally. Tired of sending all my money to China.

I can't parse this:

and the cover over the trackpad is raised is high the trackpad is under the cover.
    05-13-13 09:58 PM
    I remember when there was a 9650 conspiracy going around with mexico vs canada build quality's. Different countries don't have different standards on quality, just work ethic. .

Sent from my game boy color
    05-13-13 11:36 PM
    After some research like you both have said I found BBs to be made in Mexico for a while. Is there a way to repair the panel right above the keyboard that covers the talk, end, menu, back bottons? It is raised above the screen and sits loose in the middle. It is flush with the trackpad making my thumb drag on its edges.
    05-14-13 08:39 AM
    After some research like you both have said I found BBs to be made in Mexico for a while. Is there a way to repair the panel right above the keyboard that covers the talk, end, menu, back bottons? It is raised above the screen and sits loose in the middle. It is flush with the trackpad making my thumb drag on its edges.

I'm sure there's a way to repair it but it may require some disassembly and/or parts. If you bought it on ebay it might just be easier to get a refund and find one that is in better condition.
    05-14-13 02:15 PM