11-30-11 03:52 PM
65 123
tools
    Are you kidding me? Its been more than a month with my 9900 and I'm extremely satisfied with it! All my friends with iphone 4/4s have gotten sick of it within a week or two and keep tempting me to sell my 9900 (cause a new one is costly in dubai 2600/- dhs = 700 USD approx.). But I'm really happy I didn't wait for QNX as it is not going to be here soon. But I will be getting the next generation iPod to go with m 9900 as there is a lack of applications. I feel 9900 + iPod combo is best. You get the best of both worlds
    11-25-11 02:48 AM
    I have had the 9930 (Verizon) for 3 months. I agree with the positive comments that others have posted. This is my third Blackberry. I had the Tour and the World Edition before this -- and this phone is by far the best.

On the other hand, I am also one of those folks who had it fail.

I hooked it up to the charger before I went to sleep -- as I always do -- and the next morning instead of the usual green light, I had a slowly blinking red light. I couldn't start the phone, tried to reboot it using the "alt" right shift, delete key combination -- wouldn't work. Tried several battery pulls -- wouldn't work. Called Verizon -- they walked me through trying to use Desktop Manager to get it to work. DM knew there was a Blackberry connected to my computer but kept flashing an error screen that said either the battery was dead or the phone was trying to reboot -- and wouldn't connect. Verizon referred me to RIM where a tech walked me through trying to use AppLoader to do a clean install of the operating system -- and that failed the 3 times that we tried it.

Finally, after spending 3 -4 hours total on the phone with VZW and RIM techs, the RIM guy said I needed a new phone because there was nothing he could think of that would revive my existing phone.

Now the thing is I was in Amman, Jordan when my phone failed -- and am still there on business -- so it's not that easy to get a replacement phone. But thankfully I knew someone who was coming over here and who was able to bring the replacement phone that Verizon shipped to him.

I don't return to the U.S. until Dec. 24 and I've got my fingers crossed that the phone doesn't fail again before then -- and hoping that RIM comes up with a fix soon.

As for the suggestion in an earlier post on this thread that the reported failures somehow were self-induced, that's definitely not true in my case. The only extra piece of software I had on my phone when it failed was Blackberry Travel -- which is provided as a free download on App World. And I didn't do anything different that night from what I have done many other nights -- just plug in the phone to charge.

I still like the phone a lot -- but if you decide to get one now, you should do it with your eyes open. I don't know the extent of these failures but I do know that they strike without warning, don't seem to be caused by any particular user action, and,at least sometimes, cannot be remedied and require replacement of the device. If -- like me --it happens to you and you're in a place where it's difficult to quickly get a replacement -- you could have a difficult time of it, as least if you depend on your BB as much as I do on mine.
    11-25-11 03:21 AM
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE! Best BB yet!
    11-25-11 03:55 AM
    Best BB ever. FANTASTIC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 06:33 AM
    I was really happy with mine until it bricked. Now I'm not happy at all.
    11-25-11 07:27 AM
    came from a 9700
    Huge difference, and I love it!
    overall no real big problems, couple minor ones, but no big deal eh
    awesome phone!
    11-25-11 10:26 AM
    I currently have a iPhone 4, can't wait to rid my self of it. Searching around for a new phone, currently thinking between Android and a BlackBerry. I have previously owned an original Palm Pre, BlackBerry 9700, up to my current iPhone 4. I'd really like a physical keyboard, which has me swinging towards the 9900. Dont really use too many apps, I use my phone to communicate (text/email) and surf the web essentially. But I come on the forums and read a lot of people saying that they aren't having the greatest experience with their 9900. So is anyone out there happy with theirs? Anyone's running 100% with no issues? I'm a Canadian so I'd love to support a Canadian company, and I did really enjoy my BlackBerry 9700.

Thank you in advance.
    I will never understand the point of a post like this..you are asking this question on a BB fan site...offcourse the majority of people will recommend it...post this samething on AndroidCentral and a majority will tell you to get an Android phone etc..so at the end of the day my question is what have you actually learned.

Btw, I just bought a used iPhone 4 from eBay and my bold 9930 will be going up for sale soon. Got rid of the Playbook as well last month...I am done with RIM...sick of waiting for them to catch up...
    11-25-11 11:27 AM
    I will never understand the point of a post like this..you are asking this question on a BB fan site...offcourse the majority of people will recommend it...post this samething on AndroidCentral and a majority will tell you to get an Android phone etc..so at the end of the day my question is what have you actually learned.

Btw, I just bought a used iPhone 4 from eBay and my bold 9930 will be going up for sale soon. Got rid of the Playbook as well last month...I am done with RIM...sick of waiting for them to catch up...
    Actually, I agree with you with this forum being a BB community and fan and user. I can never understand a post like yours though. If you dislike BB and rim... Just sell you BB and stop coming back here... actually they have a nice iphone forum link somewhere above.. For the OP he's asking HERE because he LIKES BB and RIM (he's canadian) he is undecided and still wanting some sort of update, opinion, slight push from current users (probably about bricking)... how about you? If you seek information about BB like the OP then you are welcome here.. If you just want to inform other people you are migrating... Okay... noted.
    Last edited by guzprom; 11-25-11 at 11:54 AM.
    11-25-11 11:37 AM
    Hands down best phone I've ever had. Bought mine on day 1 from Best Buy for TELUS and have had no issues at all. It works flawlessly with my Playbook too! Everyone who holds it and uses it is really impressed. Now with BBMMusic, Im using my iPod Touch less and less. As soon as I can get SIRIUS working for OS7 (BABA-BOOEY!), not sure I'll use my Touch at all.
    11-25-11 12:14 PM
    Well tonight's the night I think. I'm going to pick up a Blackberry 9900 and then probably pick up either a Playbook or iPad after Xmas. I can't wait to grasp that sweet sweet keyboard of the 9900
    11-30-11 01:16 PM
    I find the 9900 a pure marvel. The combination of touchscreen, trackpad and magnificent keyboard is very powerful.
    11-30-11 01:54 PM
    I'm Happy. Best phone I ever had.
    11-30-11 01:55 PM
    Day 2 and totally happy. v7.0.0.250 with no issues. Does the battery last as long as previous BB's. No. But with better performance comes increased power consumption. Still lasts a full day with no problem.
    11-30-11 03:23 PM
    I'm happy with mine, now that I have one doesn't have crazy trackpad issues - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-639257/
    11-30-11 03:51 PM
    I'm absolutely loving my 9930! They keyboard is great and I really like the touchscreen too. Overall there just isn't much lacking on the phone. I do wish the camera had auto-focus, but it takes pretty decent pics regardless. With the OS leak for the 9900 getting mobile-hotspot working for some folks, there's yet another feature I hope to be using soon. I'm a heavy user and on my berry all day, but haven't had a battery problem like some have. App selection seems to get a little better each week too. Hope this helps.
    11-30-11 03:52 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD