I am on a VZW 9930 running the latest official OS (.374)..

I am fairly sure that, by now, everyone is aware of the infamous "SMS Scrolling Bug" - where, if you have a long text message conversation going with a contact, you will sometimes not be able to physically scroll up through past messages in the convo (the time and date will scroll; however, the messages will not).

Has anyone come across an OS for the 9930 (or ANY other fix) that will resolve this issue!?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    11-25-11 12:07 AM
    I am on a VZW 9930 running the latest official OS (.374)..

I am fairly sure that, by now, everyone is aware of the infamous "SMS Scrolling Bug" - where, if you have a long text message conversation going with a contact, you will sometimes not be able to physically scroll up through past messages in the convo (the time and date will scroll; however, the messages will not).

Has anyone come across an OS for the 9930 (or ANY other fix) that will resolve this issue!?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    battery pull
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:03 AM
    The SMS scroll issue seems entirely non-conclusive. I've had this problem with .254 and with only one contact. Yep, battery pull solved... but problem never came back. And I've yet to encounter this on .374.

goodluck.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:10 AM
    The SMS scroll issue seems entirely non-conclusive. I've had this problem with .254 and with only one contact. Yep, battery pull solved... but problem never came back. And I've yet to encounter this on .374.

goodluck.
    thank you.

it's killing me..been happening with several contacts..several workarounds work sometimes - going in through notification bar, clicking the contacts name in the text convo and then going back into the convo through the 'recent history', etc..i do not want to have to do a battery pull or turn my phone off/on every time this occurs as that is not an efficient/appropriate solution.
    11-25-11 01:34 AM
    I've never had this problem on any device; definitely not the 9930 (I have a VZW one as well, and Ive used both official OSes)
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:44 AM
    I've had that happen on my Storm2 and Bold 9650, but not on my 9930.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 07:11 AM
    Had it with my first 9930 before upgrading to .374. Don't have it now with my replacement 9930 which came with .374.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 07:27 AM
    i never had this problem BUT have had minor other issues like backlight lockin up during a call
    Rwil85 likes this.
    11-25-11 09:41 AM
    I've had it happen on two OSes now..whatever stock was, .254 I believe...and now .374..

I don't need to go into the entire, "..this was supposed to be the best of the best BBs, I paid a lot of $$$ for this device, RIM sucks, etc.", speech - but, there HAS to be a fix somewhere.

I have never experienced this on any other phone..not my Palm Treo 700wx, or my Nextel i730, or my Droid X..i know people who have iPhones and they've never experienced such a thing either..

For what is supposed to be a powerful, efficient, communication-centric device - what a severe lack of basic functionality.

How annoying is it to recall something someone said while in the midst of a, or possibly more than one, conversation, and not being able to scroll up to past messages..it comes up daily and is beyond annoying.

I do not want to have to load a 3rd party SMS app, as 1. i love the native blackberry apps as they are designed to be simple and efficient and 2. i find most 3rd party apps will drain the battery more so than the native app would.

To put it simply...c'mon, man.

/end rant
    11-25-11 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD