Hello

I have a problem with gmx.com mail account. For few days now pooling of mail via pop.gmx.com won't work with SmartMail program. Nothing is changed in my settings. Problem with insecure connection? Why now? Sending of mail works normal. Any advice?
    06-23-17 03:35 AM
    A while ago I received an email from GMX that they were going to cut off access to insecure devices. Maybe they've acted. AFAIK, the SSL in OS 7.1 has been deprecated for some time. So, for third party clients that rely on the built-in SSL, receiving via POP or IMAP is failing with more and more email services all the time. Sending, which uses TLS instead of SSL, tends to work still.

Sadly, the SSL issue and the lack of certificate updates are going to make the devices less and less functional over time. You just have to use the browser, which requires you to make certificate exceptions ad nauseam, to know how extensive these problems are becoming.
    06-28-17 12:18 AM
    Thanks for the answer. It was to be expected. Any other email provider which does not need SSL ? Openmail was recommended, but does not allow new registrations.
    06-28-17 01:46 AM
    Deleted post
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 06-28-17 at 02:02 PM.
    06-28-17 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the answer. It was to be expected. Any other email provider which does not need SSL ? Openmail was recommended, but does not allow new registrations.
    No idea. The last two I knew of were gmx and openmailbox.org. It's probably not a great idea to go without SSL if you have any private or financial information going through the account.

My best recommendations are to look into picomail (which has its own SSL), or AstraSync with an outlook.com email account (about $50 a year), or buy a Q5 or Q10, which are dirt cheap used on eBay these days (on the assumption that you like a keyboard).
    06-29-17 12:21 AM
    I can not set up a Gmail account with any email client.
    I've tried with LogicMail, mujmail and Smartmail.
    It seems that GMail does not support the SSL connection of these. However, I can send messages by configuring the outgoing mail as TLS.
    Does Gmail support TLS in the inbox?
    I have tried several ports and it does not work as input, TLS only works as output.
    ----------------------------------------
    These clients do work with my Wanadoo email account (now Orange) that does not have SSL. This account I have since the twentieth century and until now its limit capacity was 10 MB. I do not know if opening a new free account with Orange the limit increases to 1 GB (this is the limit of paying customers).
    -----------------------------------------
    Interestingly, Gmail SSL works with Outlook Express 2004 with Windows 2000 / XP
    05-31-18 01:55 PM
    Google mail (gmail) requires the "allow less secure login/protocol" to work, then again, google has prevented me to from adding any e-mail addresses to the device, then I changed my carrier's plan a few months ago, and nothing works due to no more BIS (discontinued on my carrier).

There's really not much you can do now except using opera mini or the stock browser (if it doesn't give you problems). Update or import certificates and use opera mini, as that worked for me. Stock does NOT recognise them, only opera mini, which is ironic.
    06-12-18 04:06 AM