Apparantly the random problem where entering words here and at places like Youtube continues to present a problem. Can the NEW GUY fix that first?

ATT
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-05-12 at 06:30 PM.
    02-01-12 05:06 PM
    Apparantly the random problem where entering words here and at places like Youtube continues to present a problem. Can the NEW GUY fix that first?

ATT

Wasn't aware there was any problem.
    02-01-12 05:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-679695/

Its a super PITA and it would be nice if Blackberry fixed this before they start showing me pictures of "London".

If its not Blackberry than it would be nice if Kevin had someone fix the website. Think not being able to use a Blackberry to type on a "Blackberry Forum" is a problem?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-02-12 at 07:56 PM.
    02-02-12 07:52 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-679695/

Its a super PITA and it would be nice if Blackberry fixed this before they start showing me pictures of "London".
    They can't fix something you're disabling, if by posting that link you mean to convey that's the issue.
    02-02-12 07:56 PM
    They can't fix something you're disabling, if by posting that link you mean to convey that's the issue.
    02-02-12 08:33 PM

And you've done the usual? Reboot, reload, etc
    02-02-12 10:03 PM
    Clear cache, enable auto text encoding, - dunno what could be causing the lagg. If you have developer tools checked, uncheck it. Have you held down the menu key to see if you have a bunch of apps running? I'm still scratching my head. How does it do on wifi? How many signal bars do you have? 3G? I'm at a loss olblueyez. Sorry, I never had the issue even on my old 8330.
    02-02-12 11:01 PM
    Yeah, I know, its kinda strange. Its very random and although I thought it was exclusive to Crackberry I have experienced it with other places as well.

It was super duper bad when I was some of the 7.0 OS's and just now it is quite a bit better.

Sometimes when I type the cursor stops. When this happens it will either catch up if I give it time or it will just drop characters all together. Sometimes holding a letter key in will not give me a cap and I am forced to use the shift key.

It usually starts after using "The Problematic Website" after awhile, few minutes, half hour.

The Java think makes the most sense but even that still doesn't fit. I want to say
    Crackberry is the worst but Crackberry is where most of my typing is done. This has happened at other forums and in the Twitter App.

They only thing that really fits is, "Its a RIM problem" since different OS's affect the severity of the problem.

I dunno.

Im gonna have to look at the Auto-Text thing, clearing the cache is something I do almost once a day.

"Auto" is not one of the options under Text Encoding in the Browser. The default is ISO-8859-1.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-03-12 at 11:04 AM.
    02-03-12 10:57 AM
    Yeah, I know, its kinda strange. Its very random and although I thought it was exclusive to Crackberry I have experienced it with other places as well.

It was super duper bad when I was some of the 7.0 OS's and just now it is quite a bit better.

Sometimes when I type the cursor stops. When this happens it will either catch up if I give it time or it will just drop characters all together. Sometimes holding a letter key in will not give me a cap and I am forced to use the shift key.

It usually starts after using "The Problematic Website" after awhile, few minutes, half hour.

The Java think makes the most sense but even that still doesn't fit. I want to say
    Crackberry is the worst but Crackberry is where most of my typing is done. This has happened at other forums and in the Twitter App.

They only thing that really fits is, "Its a RIM problem" since different OS's affect the severity of the problem.

I dunno.

Im gonna have to look at the Auto-Text thing, clearing the cache is something I do almost once a day.

"Auto" is not one of the options under Text Encoding in the Browser. The default is ISO-8859-1.
    After seeing that screenie and reading this, I'm thinking you might try wiping to 507 and reload the OS. Then try typing and whatnot without restoring any settings. Naturally if it works on default then there's either a database issue or another settings conflict, although I'd be at a loss to pin that down outside browser options.
    02-03-12 12:57 PM
    I swear I'm not trying to be difficult but I always do a wipe, factory reset, OS load, and then use Blackberry Protect to restore any personal info. All my apps, always get installed from scratch and I do all the settings myself.

Right now I'm typing and it is working perfectly. It could start acting strange anytime.
    02-03-12 05:50 PM
    I opened 7 browser tabs and it seems a tad bit slower but nothing abnormal.

Maybe a combination of having particular types of websites open at the same time?
    02-03-12 05:56 PM
    Having the same exact problem on my 9930 here on Crackberry all the way down to sometimes having to use the shift key to get capital letters. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes very laggy. Been that way since I booted it up fresh out of the box. Annoying to say the least.

Edit: Went to YouTube just to test it and yep, same issue. Definitely laggy at times. As I'm typing this edit, however, no lag at all. Have no idea why it does it some times and not others.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 02-03-12 at 10:11 PM.
    02-03-12 09:45 PM
    I ditched a few encription settings in the browser but it doesn't seem to be helping.
    02-05-12 01:26 AM
    I ditched a few encription settings in the browser but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Are you using the full site? Mobile? When it was happening with me it would be on the full site.
    02-05-12 12:32 PM
    I was/am using mobile. I can't believe someone hasn't stepped up to the plate and fixed this. This is the kind of stuff that drives people away from Berry's.
    02-05-12 02:46 PM
    I was/am using mobile. I can't believe someone hasn't stepped up to the plate and fixed this. This is the kind of stuff that drives people away from Berry's.

Especially when an answer to what appears to be a simple thing is not readily available. All I have is that something in the website's code doesn't jive with the default browser, but not sure why yours still won't work when you have the same settings as others. May be a difference of 9900 vs 9930, but that I'm wary to say for sure.
    02-05-12 03:15 PM
    Yeah I have this problem on Crackberry all the time (as I'm posting this it's missing words I'm typing). I haven't experienced this on any other site. I'm running 7.1.0.190 with the 'Operation Crackberry Mobile 2011' theme.
    02-05-12 03:33 PM
    One reason why I use tapatalk for most forums. This browser typing lag is a big annoyance.
    02-05-12 04:02 PM
    Yeah I have this problem on Crackberry all the time (as I'm posting this it's missing words I'm typing). I haven't experienced this on any other site. I'm running 7.1.0.190 with the 'Operation Crackberry Mobile 2011' theme.
    I'm using the same theme. Tapatalk was causing more issues than it was worth and when I contacted their people they acted like Donkeys.

Right now, holding in the letter keys doesn't create a "Cap". I have to use the shift key.
    02-05-12 06:07 PM
    Ok, so check this out! I was just typing the post above and when I finished I found another thread where some people were having lag issues with the Torch.

They solved it by "Disabling Compression" in the "Storage Settings".

Options~>Device~>Storage~>Enable Compression

De-Select "Enable Compression"

I then did a reboot and ran the "Repair" tool on both the "Built-In Media" and "Media Card".

Its only been a few minutes but so far its working like a Champ.

The Chairman
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-05-12 at 07:03 PM.
    02-05-12 06:26 PM
    I noticed you had my thread linked too, yeah, it's got something to do with the javascript engine. Ads on crackberry are the cause for this, sometimes long text websites too. I cannot explain it either. Even disabling javascript causes the delete key to not delete any text at all. Likely a big ol' glitch somebody started when developing the OS 7/7.1 device software. We can't do anything about that. Maybe kevin could show the CEO this, or blog about my thread? I also wonder if it affects the newer torches and curves also running OS 7 or 7.1.
    02-05-12 06:56 PM
    Really? Wonder how media compression could cause a typing lag? Any smart bb people out there have an idea? I'd just like to understand if possible...cuz I'm lagging like crazy right now.
    02-05-12 07:01 PM
    If Kevin is gonna mention it to someone at RIM he should do a video, its hard to argue with or deny images.

The compression trick is still working. Usually by now I'm ready to give up.
    02-05-12 07:02 PM
    If Kevin is gonna mention it to someone at RIM he should do a video, its hard to argue with or deny images.

The compression trick is still working. Usually by now I'm ready to give up.
    Does kevin even have a forum handle that he uses? Does he even use the forums? What about michelle haag or the others? We've got to link my video in my thread. (I could make another one to accompny it)
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 02-05-12 at 07:56 PM.
    02-05-12 07:09 PM
    Very pleased to note that javascript, when turned off using OS 7.1.0.190, I can delete text from fields and it's NOT laggy!

Doesn't allow me to use identica or joindiaspora.com to post, so I have to turn it on. I get no lag on those websites period as there isn't advertising.

No javascript on crackberry forums=no ads=no lag.
    02-05-12 07:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD