Hi, my 9900 have been running smoothly, no bricking issues (thank god) but one thing that really bothers me is the battery. I'm running the latest .540 OS, which I thought would increase the battery life, but apparently not. But anyway, I've noticed my battery charges really slowly. Like as compared to my previous 8520, this one takes way much longer to charge. About 25 minutes ago my battery was at 92% and now it is still 92%..

Any ideas to why is this happening?
    11-23-11 09:14 AM
    Are you using the provided cube charger? I have experienced this too.

I have been using my old 8530 and 9550 chargers and have had great charging results.
    adelineeleanor likes this.
    11-23-11 09:21 AM
    Or if your using a laptop/ computer or any other device besides the actually socket provided to charge your phone, it will not charge to a 100% for some weird *** reason.

Use the socket, see if it makes a difference, if not pull out your battery and wipe the gold contacts on both the phone and on the battery with a cloth and some alcohol, something like a hand sanitiser.
    11-23-11 09:35 AM
    The stock charger, which is rated at 5V and 500mA, gets the job done but is pretty slow especially when the battery is nearly full. You may want to pick up one of RIM's PlayBook chargers as an alternative; they are rated at 5V and between 1000mA and 1800mA. These get the job done much faster - a complete charge takes only about 45 minutes - and because they shut off when the battery is fully charged they won't damage the battery or the BlackBerry itself.
    adelineeleanor likes this.
    11-23-11 09:37 AM
    Wow I'm freaking pissed. It's still at 92%! I'm using my laptop to charge it, with the charger plugged in and no battery, so there's no reason there's a charge restriction..
    11-23-11 09:50 AM
    Thats what I thought you were doing, and am right, it happens to me also.

Use the socket to charge your blackberry!
    11-23-11 09:52 AM
    Thats what I thought you were doing, and am right, it happens to me also.

Use the socket to charge your blackberry!
    Guess I'll have to do that then, thanks!
    11-23-11 09:53 AM
    Wow I'm freaking pissed. It's still at 92%! I'm using my laptop to charge it, with the charger plugged in and no battery, so there's no reason there's a charge restriction..
    thats not the point. the point is the usb power coming out of ur laptop has an amerage that is too low to charge the last 10% of ur smart phone so use a regular wall charger if u want a full charge.
    11-23-11 03:24 PM
    When I first got my 9930 it would only reach 95% no matter how long left it on the charger. This was cured with added battery life by running it into the red till it started flashing. Since that day battery charges faster and lasts almost twice as long. Give it a few days after discharging for your new os to settle in. Let us know the results. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BK_Guji and adelineeleanor like this.
    11-23-11 07:45 PM
    ^^^^Same here. I ran it down pretty low and did a few battery pulls and I stay charged fairly well. Sitting at 55% after 17 hours with some heavy usage.
    11-24-11 01:36 AM
    When I first got my 9930 it would only reach 95% no matter how long left it on the charger. This was cured with added battery life by running it into the red till it started flashing. Since that day battery charges faster and lasts almost twice as long. Give it a few days after discharging for your new os to settle in. Let us know the results. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for that tip albee, how often do you discharge it?

p.s. The only reason adeline was having difficulty charging it to 100% is because she was using the laptop to charge her phone dude...
    11-24-11 07:14 AM
    Yes guys, I realized my phone indeed charge to a full 100% using the wall charger. My bad, I seldom charge using the wall charger as I'm always on the computer.

I'll try discharging the battery for a few days. Thanks.
    BK_Guji likes this.
    11-24-11 07:37 AM
    From a completely dead battery to fully charged, I calculated about 4 hours with the little cube thing.
    11-24-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD